Piano Guys Club(music group)

I love piano, piano guys, and cello! My parents went to see a show of theirs when I was younger and showed me their recordings when they got home and I was completely hooked.   

I love playing their music on cello and piano. One of my closest friends is a violinist/pianist so we switch off playing piano/string instrument (with the cello part transposed for violin). It's tons of fun

I wanted to play the cello after I saw the cello wars video and I was hooked. My parents got a Jon Schmidt book that teaches how to play the piano and I flew through that pretty fast. 

9 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I love playing their music on cello and piano. One of my closest friends is a violinist/pianist so we switch off playing piano/string instrument (with the cello part transposed for violin). It's tons of fun

That does seem like it would be really fun. Do you have a third friend that plays piano because if you did you could play some songs that the piano guys play with Lindsey Sterling.

The Piano Guys are awesome! I've played piano for nine years, and All of Me is probably my favorite thing to play. I learned it about two years ago and I've literally played it hundreds of times. Waterfall is also really fun, and Perfect and Million Dreams are both good arrangements. I have the piano sheet music book for the album Limitless and have played through the ones where the cello isn't the melody :P (These include North Cape, First Dance, the others I mentioned, probably one I'm forgetting).

Outside of the piano guys, I really like playing covers of songs in general, specifically from movies. There are some really talented people on YT that I usually buy sheet music from (Favorites: Francesco Parrino, Samuel Ramos, Kyle Landry, Magnus Baumgartl, Patrik Pietschmann). I'd definitely recommend you check them out, if not to play then just to listen to. But also to play.

Classical style, Chopin is far and away my favorite. I haven't played much Rachmaninoff but I've liked what I have played. I could do without Bach as a general rule. I appreciate it, but... too technical for me :P.

That's just the surface, I could talk about piano forever xD It's basically my favorite thing, ever. More so than the cosmere, easily.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I love the Piano Guys and all things piano! I've played the piano for almost 6 years. I finished learning Clair de Lune recently, and I'm now learning Moonlight Sonata. I haven't played any of the Piano Guy's stuff, but I have several of their books. I want to learn their songs eventually. 

37 minutes ago, ash's_eyes said:

I love the Piano Guys and all things piano! I've played the piano for almost 6 years. I finished learning Clair de Lune recently, and I'm now learning Moonlight Sonata. I haven't played any of the Piano Guy's stuff, but I have several of their books. I want to learn their songs eventually. 

I am still working on learning their music on cello first as I have more experience with the cello, but I am working to learn them on piano. Glad to have another person who loves the piano here.

Just now, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

Official notice that the Tubists' Guild supports the Piano Guys Club as part of @The Wandering Wizard's retirement.

Thank you.

Just now, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

Also, I personally think the piano guys are a great group.

I think that it is hard to hate any kind of music but people might dislike lyrics of songs.

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I wanted to play the cello after I saw the cello wars video and I was hooked. My parents got a Jon Schmidt book that teaches how to play the piano and I flew through that pretty fast. 

That does seem like it would be really fun. Do you have a third friend that plays piano because if you did you could play some songs that the piano guys play with Lindsey Sterling.

Yeah! Cool idea! I'll have to get that going.

Slightly unrelated, but anyone else here into composition/improvisation/arranging or anything like?  

I've teared up to their arrangement of Story of My Life.  I quite enjoy Arwen's Song as well!  Lots of their other works, but those two stand out.

I play piano!  I don't understand the theory behind what I'm doing very much, but I can read the music, so I'm doing something right.  I've played a lot of soundtrack music, and a lot of romantic, classical and baroque pieces.

40 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Anyone have any suggestions for cool music books that have good arrangements or are fun to play?

23 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Outside of the piano guys, I really like playing covers of songs in general, specifically from movies. There are some really talented people on YT that I usually buy sheet music from (Favorites: Francesco Parrino, Samuel Ramos, Kyle Landry, Magnus Baumgartl, Patrik Pietschmann). I'd definitely recommend you check them out, if not to play then just to listen to. But also to play.