Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

On 6/30/2022 at 0:53 AM, Knight of Iron said:

"Sure, but do you, like, like like them? More than doing stuff? I thought not," he said, not waiting for a response.

—♥—

Tessa noticed her roommate quietly slip into the group, and stepped in beside her. "What happened?" she whispered worriedly.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:51 AM, The Unknown Novel said:

Instance looked at him confusedly. She mumbled half formed questions, but nothing coherent came out. 

Joel leans over and mutters a "Wow, rude, much?" into Instance's ear, quiet enough for only them to hear.

Well, I wanted to reserve my 999th post for something interesting, but who cares? I probably won't do it anyway! So... Let's see what I can do about it.

It seemed like they were going to wait for the Chancellor's speech. Ben waited for a few minutes, then begun to hum an old Wolfson tune.

Won't tag anyone for now. Hope it helps.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, Eluvianii said:

"I overslept," she replied. "mornings have never been my strong point. Has it started yet?" 

Tessa shook her head no. "Not yet, I think soon? This guy—"

There was a tapping noise followed by a screeching of a microphone. A woman in a black suit with long, brownish blonde hair that curled down her shoulders stood at the podium, with what could Tessa could only assume were the staff faculty sitting in a row behind her. "Welcome, welcome!" she said excitedly, smiling. "Before we get started, I ask that each of you will please, sit down in the grass. Stay with your group, of course!" she added cheerfully, speaking as if she were on the brink of bursting out into giggles.

Shaun was the first to the ground, sitting cross-legged and leaning back. He groaned loudly, glancing at Instance for a second, then back to the speaker.

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

And I have to go to work now otherwise I could've sped things up more. Hopefully when I'm back I can find time to make a follow-up post to this.

Am I good to join with this character?

Spoiler

Name: Takehiko Aso 

Race: Foxling (Wanderer) 

Magic: Spiritbinding

Dragon: Daemonclaw 

Worst Fear: Rejection on grounds of personal identity

Appearance: 6'2" with silky red hair that's in swept bangs down to the eyes, brown eyes with a hint of a red in them, a lean body that looks like a coiled spring, and US size 7 feet. 

Backstory: Takehiko is from a prestigious family that recently acquired a Daemonclaw dragon that was gifted too Takehiko. His family-from grandparents to uncles and aunts to his parents-have always put pressure on him to be the next head mage of the family while his older brother and older cousins were groomed to enter legal and political fields. He chafes under their restrictions but genuinely wants to help the family. Has a girlfriend back home and a good gang of friends, all of whom his parents most definitely don't approve of but besides that he also cares deeply about his dragon. 

Personality: A little bit a pampered rebel, emphatic, apologetic, has certain traditions put in his head that seem odd to others from outside the family. 

Skills: He's got a silver tongue, can make others feel quite comfortable, decent artist, strong athlete with martial arts training.

I'm honestly not sure if the Japanese themes here are too...prevalent, so I can change the name to fit more with the world theme if necessary. 

Edited by Flaming Coinshoot

On 7/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, Goob said:

Joel leans over and mutters a "Wow, rude, much?" into Instance's ear, quiet enough for only them to hear.

She looked at him over her shoulder, "Definitely."

On 7/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, Knight of Iron said:

There was a tapping noise followed by a screeching of a microphone. A woman in a black suit with long, brownish blonde hair that curled down her shoulders stood at the podium, with what could Tessa could only assume were the staff faculty sitting in a row behind her. "Welcome, welcome!" she said excitedly, smiling. "Before we get started, I ask that each of you will please, sit down in the grass. Stay with your group, of course!" she added cheerfully, speaking as if she were on the brink of bursting out into giggles.

Instance smiled at the woman's cheerful disposition before sitting, sweeping her skirts around her.

On 7/5/2022 at 0:27 PM, Flaming Coinshot said:

Am I good to join with this character?

Looks good to me!

The woman continued. "I'd just like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to Greatowl University! You've made a fantastic choice in choosing this fine institution! We've been considered the best university in the world for nearly a millennia. We've been consistently rated Top 3 in Enchanting, Top 3 in Spiritbinding, Top 3 in Mind Harvesting, and Top 3 in Necromancy—the only university to be rated so highly in every system of magic! We've also achieved Top 5 in the quality of the research that we do here! 216 of our students have gone on to earn the Ago Prize for their work and dedication. 91% of our graduates were found in work or in further study just one year after they'd graduated! And, as much as we are committed to the seeking of knowledge and wisdom, we are committed to fighting for and maintaining the equality of the people! Our students hail from a variety of backgrounds—no two are the same!! There is a lot that we can offer you here at Greatowl, and I am so excited for this coming year! Everyone, if you'd please, turn to the person on your right. Now, the person on your left. Everyone in front of you, behind you, or around you—we're all family, now. So welcome!"

"My name is Chancellor Devra Honey. When I was nigh your age, I too attended this esteemed university, dreaming of becoming a famed enchantress! A scientific researcher, studying the careful art of magical herbs and potions, breaking new ground!! But, well..." she hesitated. "Well, I'm here instead now, and I couldn't be happier to see all your smiling faces! I was very scared, but soon realized that this world that we live in isn't a very scary place when you have the Greatowl family at your side! Since then, I've dedicated myself completely and totally to keeping this university as great as it when it was founded 987 years ago, by the great Chancellor Owlson himself, only thirteen years after the Immortal Ascension! We are the oldest surviving university, and with that age comes a strong, foundational reputation that will carry you to new successes in your life!!"

"Your group leader will soon take you on a personalized, scheduled tour of the campus, and will interest you in some super fun get-to-know-you activities!! Though enchanters command the universe, though spiritbinders control their body, though mind harvesters tinker with conscious and necromancers dance with the dead—NONE of that comes CLOSE in comparison to the greatest magic of all..." she trailed off dramatically, building tension.

"Friendship."

Edited by Knight of Iron

Ilia had to suppress a groan, it seemed every school wanted its own version of this speech. Still, she couldn't help feeling a little excitement rising all over again. This was yet another reminder that she had made it. However... 

"I'm so not looking forward to those activities she mentioned at the end." she told Tessa. Every school year started the same way. What's your name? How do you want to be called? What are your hobbies? Say something nice about the classmate to your left.

Once they were settled though, it would be worth it. 

Takehiko looks around awkwardly and groaned internally. That sounded a lot like they were being forced into teambuilding activities. All he wished right now for was to get to his dorm-he had picked Redwald, of course-and unpack, then sleep for a little while. In his knapsack, his little dragon wriggled around. Takehiko groaned in his head again. That little Daemonclaw would be another headache to deal with, on top of studying, socializing, and getting over his already-present homesicknesses, as well as some potential camp-counselor teachers. He sighed, this time out loud. Welp, nothing to do but follow the guide. 

3 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Jared shot upright from his stupor, as the courtyard was filled with the sound of clapping at the end of the long speech.

He quickly joined in the clapping, mostly because it was over.

“Was that an hour, or a year long?” He asked Ben.

@Trutharchivist

"Two minutes and forty-six seconds," Enshao replied, showing them his stopwatch.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Two minutes and forty-six seconds," Enshao replied, showing them his stopwatch.

Jared stared at Enshao with a flat look, and with dead serious said, “I pray to the great Thunderbird of the sky, and all other spirits out there, that the classes aren’t ever as long as that speech felt.”

It was a good speech though.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner