Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

"It's great to meet you all. One of the things I'm already liking about this place is all the wildly different people. Lots of perspectives, and stuff. Though I suppose university is always kinda like that- guess the whole learning magic thing just exacerbates it."

14 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Katie gave Anmil a look that said something like you know this boy and you never told me? 

“And I’m Katie. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Joel.” 

Kat waved with a paw.

”and this is Kat.” Katie said, gesturing to her dragon on her shoulder. 

"Aw! It's nice to meet you too, Kat." He looks at Katie. "Sparkfinder, I presume? I have my own, though I left her at my dorm. She's been grumpy ever since we got here."

10 hours ago, Emery the Steelrunner said:

Jared turned to look at Joel with his black eyes. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Joel.” He said with a nod.

@Goob

"Cool eyes." Ooh, maybe shouldn't of blurted that one out.

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ben nodded. "Nice to meet you." He saw that Anmil looked... Somewhat uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, did we interrupt you mid-conversation?" He asked.

"Oh, me and Anmil here were just talking about how people taking magic have to be masochists, haha. Though yes, you did kind of interrupt us. Not really your fault, though, is it?

7 hours ago, Goob said:

"It's great to meet you all. One of the things I'm already liking about this place is all the wildly different people. Lots of perspectives, and stuff. Though I suppose university is always kinda like that- guess the whole learning magic thing just exacerbates it."

"Aw! It's nice to meet you too, Kat." He looks at Katie. "Sparkfinder, I presume? I have my own, though I left her at my dorm. She's been grumpy ever since we got here."

"Cool eyes." Ooh, maybe shouldn't of blurted that one out.

"Oh, me and Anmil here were just talking about how people taking magic have to be masochists, haha. Though yes, you did kind of interrupt us. Not really your fault, though, is it?

@Isabelle6060@Trutharchivist@Emery the Steelrunner

Anmil nodded. "At least group D isn't too large. I'm glad I'm not in group A." Anmil indicated one of the other groups, which must have had twice the number of students as in group D.

I’ve been kinda staying out of this conversation because I’ll be moving tomorrow, and I’m not sure if I’ll have consistent internet for a few weeks. Until I get back, feel free to have Sylvia wander around to wherever she’s supposed to go.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:51 PM, Knight of Iron said:

“Knowledge is one thing. Skill is another. I mean, we don’t even receive our powers until tomorrow. I could be worst in the class for all I know.”

"You won't be." Tuncay said, surprising himself with the force of his statement. He ducked his head, mumbling "well, probably, I don't...really know...sorry..."

On 17.6.2022 at 5:21 PM, Goob said:

"Still, I'm sorry. Should've considered that... Anyway, why do you think so? What if someone enjoys just using the magic, does that make them masochists?"

On 18.6.2022 at 0:25 AM, NerdyAarakocra said:

@Isabelle6060@Trutharchivist@Emery the Steelrunner

Anmil nodded. "At least group D isn't too large. I'm glad I'm not in group A." Anmil indicated one of the other groups, which must have had twice the number of students as in group D.

Rolling for insight...

JK, freeform RP. No dice!

Ben noticed that Anmil seemed uncomfortable with the attention. He moved from side to side himself, wondering what he could do about it.

I'm going to avoid pinging Isabelle and Emery. We really need a nice way to keep track without pinging four people with every post...

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

I'm going to avoid pinging Isabelle and Emery. We really need a nice way to keep track without pinging four people with every post...

That is probably the best way, unless everyone updates their settings to notify when new posts are made to followed topics in a way they'll notice.

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Still, I'm sorry. Should've considered that... Anyway, why do you think so? What if someone enjoys just using the magic, does that make them masochists?"

"Well, Necromancers have the dreams and the ceremony, mind harvesters have the memories, and I said the Spiritbinders got off a little easy. I did kinda forget about Enchanters though, and when you put it like that, it really doesn't hold up all that well, does it?"

11 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ben noticed that Anmil seemed uncomfortable with the attention. He moved from side to side himself, wondering what he could do about it.

@Goob

"Well yeah. It's mostly about the rituals that you need to gain access to the magic systems. And it was a joke." Anmil seemed kind of defensive.

But what if my min/maxed half-elf warlock who has been using tome stacking to get a 30 in CHA rolls a nat 20 on Deception to make you think that it is a dice based RP?

Edited by NerdyAarakocra
I didn't see a comment, so I'm updating to fit the RP chain.

3 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

But what if my min/maxed half-elf warlock who has been using tome stacking to get a 30 in CHA rolls a nat 20 on Deception to make you think that it is a dice based RP?

Well, in that case I have no idea what to do, never played DnD, it was just a weird joke I get a save throw! I'm pretty confident of my chances. Either that, or I'll claim you're trying to take over the DM's role, which is obviously strictly forbidden in any kind of RP.

31 minutes ago, Goob said:

"Well, Necromancers have the dreams and the ceremony, mind harvesters have the memories, and I said the Spiritbinders got off a little easy. I did kinda forget about Enchanters though, and when you put it like that, it really doesn't hold up all that well, does it?"

7 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Well yeah. It's mostly about the rituals that you need to gain access to the magic systems. And it was a joke." Anmil seemed kind of defensive.

"Oh, yeah," said Ben. "Actually, I think the ritual is more scary, to me. Sure, as a necromancer, chances are I'm going to get nightmares a lot. But I dunno. I guess it doesn't seem like that much of a pain to me."

23 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh, yeah," said Ben. "Actually, I think the ritual is more scary, to me. Sure, as a necromancer, chances are I'm going to get nightmares a lot. But I dunno. I guess it doesn't seem like that much of a pain to me."

"Oh, you're going to be a necromancer too? Guess we'll be classmates then- I was beginning to worry I'd be the only one."

56 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

27 minutes ago, Goob said:

"Oh, you're going to be a necromancer too? Guess we'll be classmates then- I was beginning to worry I'd be the only one."

"Yeah, you're lucky. As a Mind Harvester, I'm looking forward to an identity crisis. Not fun."

18 hours ago, Goob said:

"Ooo, another necromancer! I was worried about that, too. People are scared from this track, I think."

18 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Yeah, you're lucky. As a Mind Harvester, I'm looking forward to an identity crisis. Not fun."

Ben turned to him. "My uncle is a Mind Harvester! Though I don't get to meet him much... I don't think you should be afraid of identity crisis, though. From what I know of my uncle, he's fine... Well, in that respect."

Edited by Trutharchivist

On 6/18/2022 at 10:42 PM, DramaQueen said:

"You won't be." Tuncay said, surprising himself with the force of his statement. He ducked his head, mumbling "well, probably, I don't...really know...sorry..."

"No, you're fine!" Tessa said kindly. "Thank you. I'm sure you'll be great as well."

ALRIGHT. Is everyone about ready for your extremely late group leader to show up and start orientation or d'y'all want a little bit more chattin' time?

34 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

ALRIGHT. Is everyone about ready for your extremely late group leader to show up and start orientation or d'y'all want a little bit more chattin' time?

I'm ready.

7 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ben turned to them. "My uncle is a Mind Harvester! Though I don't get to meet him much... I don't think you should be afraid of identity crisis, though. From what I know of my uncle, he's fine... Well, in that respect."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

Edited by NerdyAarakocra
Yay! Formatting issues.

37 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"No, you're fine!" Tessa said kindly. "Thank you. I'm sure you'll be great as well."

I'm fine with that

7 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Ooo, another necromancer! I was worried about that, too. People are scared from this track, I think."

"It's understandable, really. With all the corpses and ghosts and stuff."

2 hours ago, Goob said:

"Yeah..."

2 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Why? There's nothing to feel sorry for, really."

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

I will follow you to the bitter end.

More seriously, yeah, probably best to have the leader show up.

Don't really know what came over me...

Ok, this seems suitably late.

Ilia felt her legs burn as she finally saw a group of people gathered ahead, outside of Crawnly Keep. Luckily, it looked like they hadn't left yet. She ran past them and into the keep.

"I'm here" she started, having to pause to breathe for a few seconds "for the orientation." she finished. Having spoken before actually checking if there was anyone inside.

3 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Oh. I'm sorry."

3 hours ago, Goob said:

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Yeah..."

"Why? There's nothing to feel sorry for, really."

@everyone

The groups’s conversation is interrupted as the most perceptive among them notice a figure in the distance, running for Group D at top speed, looking panicked.

The man—an elf with long, curly blonde hair—stopped in front of the group, panting. He wore a simple green T-shirt with GU in big silver letters on it and some  shorts. He had a small but scraggly beard and looked a bit messy, as if he’d just barely woken up. Once he caught his breath, he stood a bit taller and overlooked the group.

“[Frick]!” he yelled abruptly, then laughed. “That was crazy. I used up, like, over half my chi, can you believe it? Terribly inconvenient. Anyway. I’m Shaun, your group leader.” He paused, then added, “How’s everyone doing this morning?”

1 hour ago, Eluvianii said:

Ilia felt her legs burn as she finally saw a group of people gathered ahead, outside of Crawnly Keep. Luckily, it looked like they hadn't left yet. She ran past them and into the keep.

"I'm here" she started, having to pause to breathe for a few seconds "for the orientation." she finished. Having spoken before actually checking if there was anyone inside.

The man looked at his watch, then over at the groups. He scanned his list of names, then looked at Illia. “You’re later than Faeyson, even. Name and Student ID, please.”

On 6/20/2022 at 4:32 PM, Knight of Iron said:

@everyone

The groups’s conversation is interrupted as the most perceptive among them notice a figure in the distance, running for Group D at top speed, looking panicked.

The man—an elf with long, curly blonde hair—stopped in front of the group, panting. He wore a simple green T-shirt with GU in big silver letters on it and some  shorts. He had a small but scraggly beard and looked a bit messy, as if he’d just barely woken up. Once he caught his breath, he stood a bit taller and overlooked the group.

“[Frick]!” he yelled abruptly, then laughed. “That was crazy. I used up, like, over half my chi, can you believe it? Terribly inconvenient. Anyway. I’m Shaun, your group leader.” He paused, then added, “How’s everyone doing this morning?”

"Can't say I have any complaints so far."

On 6/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, Knight of Iron said:

@everyone

The man looked at his watch, then over at the groups. He scanned his list of names, then looked at Illia. “You’re later than Faeyson, even. Name and Student ID, please.”

Anmil sighed. Well, having a normal conversation for five minutes was a bit too much to ask for. "I'm doing decent. How about you?"

Edited by NerdyAarakocra
Grammar! Yay!