Ask Wizard Anything

The Wandering Wizard

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Why “The Wandering Wizard”?

I wanted to do something with Wizards and Wizards like to wander all over to help people, at least ones like Alexander Taylor and Gandalf and it just didn’t feel right without the the infront. So I'm the wandering Wizard!

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

I wanted to do something with Wizards and Wizards like to wander all over to help people, at least ones like Alexander Taylor and Gandalf and it just didn’t feel right without the the infront. So I'm the wandering Wizard!

And you get the allliteration!

What is your all time favorite Wizard?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Adventurers wanted is pretty fantastic. Where did you get your copies of the books?

From my local library!

I just saw one one day and read through it and then wanted to read more! It's sad the author couldn't write anymore in the series though :(

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

From my local library!

I just saw one one day and read through it and then wanted to read more! It's sad the author couldn't write anymore in the series though :(

How ironic, that's the same library I got it from (maybe not the same branch though).

1 minute ago, Lego Mistborn said:

If it's the same branch probably [Mos] Eisley or Walt [Disney] (the text in brackets are just me being stupid) were the two I usually attended.

Did you ever volunteer to help with the summer reading program?

Yeah I did. Only one year though then I think I was detasseling for two. I found it at Walt [Disney] or Gere. (It’s not stupid and I appreciate the references :).

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

What’s your favorite part of the magic system you’ve made?

Hmmmm well that's a bit hard as it's still all coming together but I think I like the elemental corruption aspect, where you have to use it in small amounts to get used to it but it will still change you, just in small ways instead of larger dramatic ways. So when younger you use it in small amounts and eventually that allows you to build up a tolerance, lets say to your powers. Thus allowing you to do greater feats and for longer. Like a young child might only be able to summon a small flame, but someone older might be able to form it into a whip or a suit of armor. Another example would be that a blacksmith would refine his fire (lets say he has fire) so that he can burn it hot and increase the heat at irregular intervals like bellows. Or a less experienced one might ask for the aid of someone born with air to blow air into it to act like bellows for him. 

1 minute ago, OokIa the Believer said:

What is the worst sentence you have ever read? What is the worst spelling you have ever done?

Uh...hmmm probably something I wrote a long time ago I think. 

Also another hard one, hmmmmmmm I can't remember but I do know I've eggregiously misspelled some things before...like just now xD

1 minute ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Hmmmm well that's a bit hard as it's still all coming together but I think I like the elemental corruption aspect, where you have to use it in small amounts to get used to it but it will still change you, just in small ways instead of larger dramatic ways. So when younger you use it in small amounts and eventually that allows you to build up a tolerance, lets say to your powers. Thus allowing you to do greater feats and for longer. Like a young child might only be able to summon a small flame, but someone older might be able to form it into a whip or a suit of armor. Another example would be that a blacksmith would refine his fire (lets say he has fire) so that he can burn it hot and increase the heat at irregular intervals like bellows. Or a less experienced one might ask for the aid of someone born with air to blow air into it to act like bellows for him. 

7 minutes ago, OokIa the Believer said:

I like this a lot, magic is great.