The KOTLC Club

Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Keeper of the Lost Cities?

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Gethin is totally Sophie's father, so much foreshadowing on that shady guy.

I agree. So creepy. I'll be really mad if it turns out to be some random guy. Same with Ruy. If he just turns out to be a random guy, I'm going to be SOOOOOOOOO mad. 

38 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Gethin is totally Sophie's father, so much foreshadowing on that shady guy.

Ooh. Here's actually something I can easily theorize about in this series.

I...was not paying any attention at all to Gethen in the series, because he wasn't important enough, so I would need to go check the details again to see if your idea is right. 

I re-read the series recently, and came up with the theory that Sophie's father was Bronte, then kept reading, thinking "I TOTALLY got this right! It makes perfect sense!" And then got to the part where that's disproven, and thought "How did I forget that they disproved it?" It was kind of a whoops moment for me.

So yeah. I had a theory that I forgot was wrong from the beginning, and now I have absolutely no clue who her father is.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I know I heard something about gulons gysering feces somewhere.

There was a part where they were snooping around Keefe's house for clues and Sophie finds a map of Foxfire in a notebook marked with spots labeled "Hide Gulon Here." That's basically all we've got, and I am STORMING ANGRY we don't have more.

It's going to be the last scene of the last book and then we're finally going to get it, the way this is going...

47 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I have found the pooping penguin. Spoilered because it's a gif.

Reveal hidden contents

Some Penguins Are Projectile Poopers | Mental Floss

:blink: Weird

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

It's going to be the last scene of the last book and then we're finally going to get it, the way this is going...

Or one of the bonus stories. Honestly, with all it so hidden I expect it to be anticlimatic

Shannon Messenger has said we'll only get the Great Gulon Incident if it is a short story. I thought it might be in 8.5 because beforehand I was pretty sure that'd be a collection of short stories, but it wasn't, so we'll be waiting longer.

4 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The penguins are fun to watch poop because it explodes out their but and splatters on the wall behind them. You can see spots of the wall that are just white.

I actually go to a special science program that is offered by the school system where I live. (I have a normal high school, but I'm only there for two classes, then I get to go to nerd school at the zoo every day!) I had a research project where we were observing animals and gathering data on them, and I was assigned the Humboldt penguins. 

And yes, I have seen them do this before. Several times.

32 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Shannon Messenger has said we'll only get the Great Gulon Incident if it is a short story. I thought it might be in 8.5 because beforehand I was pretty sure that'd be a collection of short stories, but it wasn't, so we'll be waiting longer.

Wait...so our view of the Great Gulon Incident is just going to be an entire short story from Keefe's perspective, and we can see it happen real time?

Wow.

6 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I have decided to be gloomy and think that it is not one of her prorities.

If it isn't one of her priorities, she WILL be swarmed by angry fans. I can assure you.

It's like the Rithmatist Sequel at this point. Too many people want it, but it just never comes.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

If it isn't one of her priorities, she WILL be swarmed by angry fans. I can assure you.

It's like the Rithmatist Sequel at this point. Too many people want it, but it just never comes.

I think it's like alcatraz says, authors like to torture people. She's doing it on purpose.

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I think she already established that. Plus her cliffhangers. She comments about it in her acknowledgements after every book, like she's proud of it.

Authors really ARE evil...

yes, that is the whole reason why I want to be one lol.