Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Insa bit her lip. "I'm not 100% certain. As far as I know, Calano and Emma's homeworld is gone. They barely made it out. But with Kaos' prison I think the situation is more like its being kept in a box and someone poked a hole in it and now it's oozing through the hole. I don't think he's all the way free yet."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Rue ponders this new information. “Sounds familiar…” she mutters. “But he can affect other dimensions? That’s not good. Is there anything else we can do besides wait?”

@UnfortunatelyNamed @InfiniteInsanity

Insa shrugs. "It would help if we knew where the other archives are. Then we might be able to spit up and learn more but we can't. But its important for us to be here watching over them. If we weren't here to watch something really bad could happen to them and that wouldn't help us at all."

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai

"That's right. This is the sixth archive? Does that mean there's five others we still need to find?" She sits down, careful to stay away from the trees. "Does no one else find it...disconcerting...that we're in a graveyard? That can't be good."

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed

31 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa shrugs. "It would help if we knew where the other archives are. Then we might be able to spit up and learn more but we can't. But its important for us to be here watching over them. If we weren't here to watch something really bad could happen to them and that wouldn't help us at all."

Nameless glanced at the sleeping bodies on the ground. “Right.” He turned to the forest, beginning to walk away from everyone else. “I’m going to go set some wards. Insa, you want to set up camp While I’m out?”

@Aes Sedai

Nameless looked Rue, nodding his head towards Sylva and sending suspicion through the bond, then turned back to the forest and disappeared into the trees.

@Aes Sedai 

Are there any dangerous creatures that Nameless could encounter in the woods?

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

Rue nods, then realizes Nameless can’t see her and sends her agreement through the bond. He does have some sense after all, she thinks. “What is there to set up?” She asks Insa. “And do we have food, or do we need to make a fire?” She eyes Sylva. “But then, I don’t think she would want us burning wood…”

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed @The Wandering Wizard

Insa thinks for a second. "We didn't bring much, so I doubt we have any already prepared food. But not all food needs to be cooked. With all the plants around I'm sure we could find something edible that doesn't come off of a tree."

@Aes Sedai

15 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa thinks for a second. "We didn't bring much, so I doubt we have any already prepared food. But not all food needs to be cooked. With all the plants around I'm sure we could find something edible that doesn't come off of a tree."

@Aes Sedai

“I have some knowledge of edible plants, at least on my own planet. I guess I’ll go try to find something.” Rue heads into the forest, in the opposite direction that Nameless went.

Insa watched Rue walk away and glanced up at the sky. She wasn't sure why but the sky felt different here than it had in other places. Eh, I'm probably just insane. She smiled. Yup. Definitely insane. 

@UnfortunatelyNamed

What if you find some... I don't know...  how about giant wolves? 

On 12/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

The realm of the Tiger

Wizard watches as Platypus moves through the stances and learns the same lesson he had learned. Water stance is best for light weapons only. 

As Platypus speeds up he seems to stop moving through molasses and instead at a normal speed and Wizard grins.

"Good you," Wizard is cut off by the water splashing down onto him. Ruffled, he shakes himself and the water disappears.

"Good you are learning quite quickly. And yes these stances can make it feel like you a first waking up. Just wait til you make your own stances that are the best fit for you. As you probably felt slightly off since that was the modified water stance that I use. But wait to experiment with your own water stance. Time is running out and I still have three stances left to teach you."

The realm of the Tiger

"Why is time running out? Actually, don't answer that, I'd rather learn the other stances then have that knowledge. I'm sure I'll realize it eventually anyway."

@The Wandering Wizard

On 1/1/2023 at 1:06 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa watched Rue walk away and glanced up at the sky. She wasn't sure why but the sky felt different here than it had in other places. Eh, I'm probably just insane. She smiled. Yup. Definitely insane. 

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Sure can do Boss! :P

I have ideas for the group in a little bit.

IM SO SORRY YALL I WAS IN KENTUCKY IM BACK I CAN CONTINUE

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway - Hallway

Calano thought for a second. "Does Windaphra believe it is possible? While the bond between human and spren is what causes the ability to use Surges, I'm unsure if the same mechanics work in the Dreamscape... but if Windaphra believes it's possible, logistically, then yes," Calano said, nodding, "It should be effective."

@Shadowed @The Bookwyrm

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway (forest)

Nameless stopped walking, glancing back in the direction of the rest of the group, noticing as Rue moved off into the forest. This should be far enough away. Drawing in the One Power, he began setting up wards. Probably best to just give us warning whenever anything sets them off. Don't want to be killing any wildlife by accident. He finished setting the wards and stepped back, nodding to himself. Nothing with ill intent is going to get through that without giving warning. Not unless they can detect inverted weaves, that is. Satisfied, he turned to head back to camp, and found himself staring up at the eyes of a massive wolf, larger than any he'd ever seen. He gulped, raising a tentative hand, saidin still coursing through him. "Uh, good doggy? I don't want to hurt you, I just-" He cut off as the wolf licked him, then started sniffing at his pack. Nameless relaxed, opening his pack and throwing the wolf a piece of jerky. It wagged its tail, eating the meat happily before vanishing back into the forest. Right. Glad that wasn't some kind of cat. That would have been bad. Making a few modifications to the wards to allow wolves to pass, he turned back towards camp, wondering why it felt like he was forgetting something important.

@Aes Sedai

Context: Dogs like male channelers, and cats hate them. It's vice versa for female channelers, of course.

That’s lovely, a new creature to hate me! I’ll refrain from attacking it, unless you’d like me to.

Rue blinked as she felt surprise and fear through the bond. She started to turn, then hesitated. The moment of fear was gone, replaced with relief and…pleasure? She shakes her head. Wasn’t he going to set wards? What the light is he doing? She decides to head back. She doesn’t recognize any of the plants, and insulting the tree people seems like a bad idea. She returns to the camp.

Nameless entered the camp, shooting Rue a quick glare as he sat down and channeled a small globe of fire for warmth. “I set wards. Had an encounter with a large wolf, but he seemed friendly. There’s probably other wildlife out there though, so be careful. Predators might be able to get through the wards without warning, if they’re not actively evil or malicious.

@Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

22 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“Please. I’m smarter than that. And besides, we’d be fine. Two channelers? A lone wolf wouldn’t stand a chance, no matter how large it is.”

@Aes Sedai

"Some of you get surprisingly sentimental about your little pets. Perhaps the novelty of having something treat you with attention gets in the way of what little common sense you have." She smiles coyly.

@UnfortunatelyNamed