Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"No, no, I'm not mad. Just rattled. Random demon helm on my wife's head, is all. Please, explain though."

Biting her lower lip, Emma replies. "I think that it is the Nethergrim unconciously sensing the building of something." Emma turns towards Calano, looking up at him, "I've been feeling it too. I feel that we must continue and find our parents, as they know what this is, having fought it before."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron sat against a wall, breathing heavily. He could see Tors leaned up against it next to him, although no one else seemed to notice. They really can't see you, huh.

Yup.

Couldn't you have helped me back there? I can barely even walk right now, much less run.

It takes a while to get stable enough to interact with you.

A short pause.

You can now, though.

Great timing, he thought sarcastically. He reached tentatively, towards the trident. As soon as he grabbed the handle, he felt a sense of recognition. Firstly, Tors was made of Stacis. That much was easy enough to tell by the feel and weight of her. However, there was more. A sense of familiarity similar to what he could feel when holding the bracelets, yet stronger. Tristan.

Yes. What do they say? "Gone, but not forgotten?" This is especially true of me. I bonded with him, as I am doing with you now.

@The Halcyon Girl, @Shallan Stormblessed

A trident suddenly appeared in TAAron’s hand. “What the…” she pointed at it. “What’s that? Where did you get it?”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

A trident suddenly appeared in TAAron’s hand. “What the…” she pointed at it. “What’s that? Where did you get it?”

"This is Tors. She... knew my friend. You know, the one that... Anyways. Tors, can you talk to people other than me?"

No. Not yet, at least. I'd have to form a secondary connection to her. Who is she, anyways?

"She's a friend." He looked to Haly. "She says she has to form some sort of connection with you to talk to you."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"This is Tors. She... knew my friend. You know, the one that... Anyways. Tors, can you talk to people other than me?"

No. Not yet, at least. I'd have to form a secondary connection to her. Who is she, anyways?

"She's a friend." He looked to Haly. "She says she has to form some sort of connection with you to talk to you."

Haly nodded, interested. “Cool. Tors the Trident! I like that. Nice name.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly nodded, interested. “Cool. Tors the Trident! I like that. Nice name.”

I like her.

Worried that it would be awkward to keep talking out loud to someone no one else could hear, TAAron asked in his head, How would you form a connection with her?

It would be tough... not only is she not from Stacian, but her soul isn't damaged at all. I couldn't force my way in, but if she is willing to do so, she could open her mind to me manually.

TAAron relayed the information to Haly.

I like her.

Worried that it would be awkward to keep talking out loud to someone no one else could hear, TAAron asked in his head, How would you form a connection with her?

It would be tough... not only is she not from Stacian, but her soul isn't damaged at all. I couldn't force my way in, but if she is willing to do so, she could open her mind to me manually.

TAAron relayed the information to Haly.

“Sure. How do I do it?” Haly watched the trident curiously. This was by far the coolest thing ever.

“Sure. How do I do it?” Haly watched the trident curiously. This was by far the coolest thing ever.

Have her grab your hand.

"Alright, she said you need to grab my hand."

Oh, and this might hurt a bit for her.

"And... she said it might hurt."

“Oh… okay!” Haly grabbed TAAron’s hand and braced herself.

A bolt of pain shot into Haly's head like a spike impaling her skull, and persisted.

She needs to open herself to me! Tell her to let go! I mean, not of your hand, just mentally.

TAAron, who didn't feel anything, frantically conveyed the information.

A bolt of pain shot into Haly's head like a spike impaling her skull, and persisted.

She needs to open herself to me! Tell her to let go! I mean, not of your hand, just mentally.

TAAron, who didn't feel anything, frantically conveyed the information.

How can I do that? She winced as another piercing bolt of pain shot through her skull. “I’ll… try. Ow.” She took deep breaths, trying to loosen her mind.

7 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

How can I do that? She winced as another piercing bolt of pain shot through her skull. “I’ll… try. Ow.” She took deep breaths, trying to loosen her mind.

Suddenly, the pain subsided, leaving an odd sense worry in Haly's head that was not her own.

I'm sorry. I didn't know it would be that bad. You managed it faster than I expected, though, possibly by virtue of your connection with TAAron.

The voice was kind and gentle, sounding remarkably human despite its source.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
grammar

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Suddenly, the pain subsided, leaving an odd sense worry in Haly's head that was not her own.

I'm sorry. I didn't know it would be that bad. You managed it faster than I expected, though, possibly by virtue of your connection with TAAron.

The voice was kind and gentle, sounding remarkably human despite it's source.

That’s okay. Hi, Tors! It’s nice to meet you. Wait, connection? So TAAron and I ARE friends. I was wondering. 

That’s okay. Hi, Tors! It’s nice to meet you. Wait, connection? So TAAron and I ARE friends. I was wondering. 

Of course you are. I think he really cares about you. He seemed pretty worried when I told him it would hurt you.

TAAron beamed at her, oblivious of Tors' most recent words. "Are you okay? Did it work?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Of course you are. I think he really cares about you. He seemed pretty worried when I told him it would hurt you.

TAAron beamed at her, oblivious of Tors' most recent words. "Are you okay? Did it work?"

Haly felt a happy pang. He cares about everyone. He’s nice like that.

”Yup, worked. Tors is really nice. I like her voice.” She grinned. “Now I get a trident in my head! Or an anthropomorphic—whatever. It’s cool. That’s my point.”

Haly felt a happy pang. He cares about everyone. He’s nice like that.

”Yup, worked. Tors is really nice. I like her voice.” She grinned. “Now I get a trident in my head! Or an anthropomorphic—whatever. It’s cool. That’s my point.”

Trident is fine.

"Good! You didn't even have to irrevocably damage your soul!" He paused, looking concerned. "I hope."

No damage done here. I am a master of non-destructive entry.

TAAron sighed in relief. "Good. I know firsthand how bad that feels."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Trident is fine.

"Good! You didn't even have to irrevocably damage your soul!" He paused, looking concerned. "I hope."

No damage done here. I am a master of non-destructive entry.

TAAron sighed in relief. "Good. I know firsthand how bad that feels."

Haly winced. “Oh yeah. Are you okay? Don’t we need to go to that tower?”

13 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly winced. “Oh yeah. Are you okay? Don’t we need to go to that tower?”

"Right, yeah."

Oh, that reminds me. You would definitely be unconscious right now if I wasn't helping you as much as I possibly can. It's pretty exhausting. What happened to you? Your soul is practically in bits!

"That's a long story. But Haly," he began, turning a serious gaze to her, "I'm not going to let you come with me to the tower. I'm just going to go by myself. I'm sure I'll be fine if Tors helps me out some." TAAron felt a strong sense of resolve. He would rather die than put someone else in danger for his sake. If not for his own honor, than for Tristan's.

Wow, he's not kidding. He really does care. What is this tower, anyways?

Gotta go for a couple hours, sorry.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"Right, yeah."

Oh, that reminds me. You would definitely be unconscious right now if I wasn't helping you as much as I possibly can. It's pretty exhausting. What happened to you? Your soul is practically in bits!

"That's a long story. But Haly," he began, turning a serious gaze to her, "I'm not going to let you come with me to the tower. I'm just going to go by myself. I'm sure I'll be fine if Tors helps me out some." TAAron felt a strong sense of resolve. He would rather die than put someone else in danger for his sake. If not for his own honor, than for Tristan's.

Wow, he's not kidding. He really does care. What is this tower, anyways?

No idea, but there’s something in there that can fix his soul, I think. Indignant, Haly returned to important things. She grabbed TAArons shoulders insistently. “Look. If you dont let me come with you, I’ll follow you as a wind chime anyway. You don’t let your friends go places like that alone, ESPECIALLY IF THEIR SOUL IS IN SHAMBLES. Tell him, Tors.” Mentally, she added, So just to clarify, he and I are friends, right? Because I don’t want to be annoying if we’re not friends. Because that’s really annoying.

2 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

No idea, but there’s something in there that can fix his soul, I think. Indignant, Haly returned to important things. She grabbed TAArons shoulders insistently. “Look. If you dont let me come with you, I’ll follow you as a wind chime anyway. You don’t let your friends go places like that alone, ESPECIALLY IF THEIR SOUL IS IN SHAMBLES. Tell him, Tors.” Mentally, she added, So just to clarify, he and I are friends, right? Because I don’t want to be annoying if we’re not friends. Because that’s really annoying.

"No! You can't!"

TAAron, you need some rest.

Immediately, the agitated scholar collapsed to the floor.

I was barely holding him together.

Tors made a low humming noise that sounded something like a sigh.

Yeah, you're friends. Still, if you follow him into that tower, he might hate you for it. Probably not for forever... assuming you both do get out alive.

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No! You can't!"

TAAron, you need some rest.

Immediately, the agitated scholar collapsed to the floor.

I was barely holding him together.

Tors made a low humming noise that sounded something like a sigh.

Yeah, you're friends. Still, if you follow him into that tower, he might hate you for it. Probably not for forever... assuming you both do get out alive.

Oh well. I’m going in, even if I have to go invisible. She touched the pin she’d had tweaked a while back. What can I do for him?

56 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Oh well. I’m going in, even if I have to go invisible. She touched the pin she’d had tweaked a while back. What can I do for him?

Honestly, I have no idea. I know a thing or two about soul magic, but this is a bit beyond me. Just... try not to die.

21 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa nodded at Bookwyrm. Then she turned to the Wyrmhole, took a deep breath, and stepped through.

The two of them found themselves in the foothills of a gigantic mountain range.

The mountains were incredibly tall, and covered with snow on their upper levels. They were made of grey stone and extended east and west as far as Bookwyrm could see. The sky was a brilliant blue, filled with a few stray clouds, and a warm sun shone overhead.

They were high enough in the foothills that they got a nice view of the valley below: a beautiful, verdant green landscape that extended for miles, filled with tropical grasslands and hills and forests, before ending at a deep blue ocean in the vast distance. Bookwyrm thought he could make out settlements among that landscape.

Bookwyrm snapped his fingers and changed into sturdy travelling gear: A blue tunic with trousers and leather boots, and a deep blue cloak that wrapped around him. A staff appeared in his hand. He then turned to Insa.

"You ready to head out?"

He also quickly sent a mental message to @CalanoCorvus.

We've arrived in the dimension, he said. I think I can make out a few settlements, so we'll investigate.

Also, Calano, whenever we meet these people, I might want you to roleplay what they say and do, because you have something better in mind for their culture and mannerisms than I do. You know how it all fits together.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Honestly, I have no idea. I know a thing or two about soul magic, but this is a bit beyond me. Just... try not to die.

2 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Hmm... They need to get to their tower, but the portal collapsed. Any way we could help them out?"

Not without ripping their molecules to shreds... wait. Try engaging the warp tunnel. The lever by the white button.

Ranryu pulled the lever.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 11.36.56 AM.png

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Haly nodded. “We need to get to that tower, then.

38 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Hmm... They need to get to their tower, but the portal collapsed. Any way we could help them out?"

Not without ripping their molecules to shreds... wait. Try engaging the warp tunnel. The lever by the white button.

Ranryu pulled the lever.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 11.36.56 AM.png

“Uh… Ranryu?” Haly looked around, nervous. “What does that mean?”