Stormlight Archive 5 : Knights of Working Title

Bacon

• 4 weeks later...

If i remember correctly, Brandon Said the "the" in The way of kings doesn't count for the palindrome 
so the actual reversal is WOK WOR O ROW KOW

so given THAT my guess would be "Knights of war" playing on the knights radiant and night of sorrows for themes of the book.
I'd bet Money that were missing out on possibilities though assuming the "O" is going to be of and possesive

so some other options 
"keepers of war" refrencing both the modern alethi and the roots of roshar for a place of constant war. however the chances of using war two times in a row look grim

"kiss over war" y'know if book five is a romance novel and we see all our couples smooch as they fall to toadium.
"knowledge of worry (or warning") idk i like it :D
"knights of wisdom"  

3 hours ago, Domo4448 said:

If i remember correctly, Brandon Said the "the" in The way of kings doesn't count for the palindrome 

I thought I remembered the opposite :P Or at least, when musing about the palindrome, he specifically said 'KoWT'. I think that was in an early episode of his Intentionally Blank podcast with Dan Wells.

I think it'd be cool if the T was for 'truth' or a word derived from truth, since it's Szeth's book and will deal (presumably) with how he became Truthless. It makes sense to me that the in-world book would be Shin and be in the flashbacks. As for the other letters, I have no clue, though the O is probably 'of' :P. K being 'knights' is the only word that comes to mind.

Does anyone remember at what point we got the title for RoW in relation to its release date? Edit: It was February 2020, so it looks like it'll be about a year before we get the confirmed title for SA 5. I will note though that we knew Rhythm of War was a possible title well before it was confirmed.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Other threads have discussed this pretty extensively -- check out those if you want lists of fan names.

On the intentionally blank podcast, Brandon made it clear that he's going with KoWT, and later he said "Knights of Woeful Truth" was the frontrunner...which is fine for those who are already invested in the series, but is pretty clunky and likely to turn off potential newcomers imo.

Personally, I like "Knights of Withered Truth," or "Knights of Waning Truth" better, though I'm sure many would think those are much worse than "Woeful Truth."

In any case, I know I'll buy it and love it even if it's titled "Kingdom of Wishful Thinking."

Edited by Olmund

I really hope it's not Knights of Woeful Truth(s). That's just a bad title IMO. 

Knights of Withered Truth is far better and far more evocative IMO; I also like Knights of Worlds Torn, depending on the subject of the in-world book.

I'm still a fan of Knot of Woes if the book is about the Oathpact, or Knights of Worlds Tethered. if the book is about the Heralds, I'd like Knife of Winds Tethered, as an homage to Jezrien's Honorblade. 

7 hours ago, Olmund said:

Other threads have discussed this pretty extensively -- check out those if you want lists of fan names.

On the intentionally blank podcast, Brandon made it clear that he's going with KoWT, and later he said "Knights of Woeful Truth" was the frontrunner...which is fine for those who are already invested in the series, but is pretty clunky and likely to turn off potential newcomers imo.

Personally, I like "Knights of Withered Truth," or "Knights of Waning Truth" better, though I'm sure many would think those are much worse than "Woeful Truth."

In any case, I know I'll buy it and love it even if it's titled "Kingdom of Wishful Thinking."

Personally I kinda like Knight of Wasted Truth, especially because it will deal with Szeth and his past as a Truthless even though he was right. His truth was essentially wasted on the Shin, so I feel like it works pretty well

1 hour ago, 11thHerald said:

Personally I kinda like Knight of Wasted Truth, especially because it will deal with Szeth and his past as a Truthless even though he was right. His truth was essentially wasted on the Shin, so I feel like it works pretty well

I was just thinking Keepers of Wasted Truths.

• 9 months later...

He really boxed himself in with this thing.

All for Knights of endless breaking wind jokes. I dunno … 

“Knights of Wind, not that good. Hmm. AND Truth! Got it.”

It’s an awkward title that doesn’t sound cool, doesn’t mean much and feels too long. Like a run on title. 

It won’t matter it’ll sell the best of all of them since it’s the final book for this arc.