Cole

The Future of Taravangian (Theory Thursday)

4 posts in this topic

*I have only read up to Dawnshard so I have not read RoW yet* but I came up with a pretty interesting thought. So we know that after Stormlight 5, there is going to be a 10-15 year world period until the next book. We also know Taravangian is getting up there in his age, and we even know that he feels that he feels he won't be around much longer in Oathbringer. So putting these two pieces of info together, it is pretty obvious that Taravangian most likely won't be around after Stormlight 5 and into 6 and there is no way that we just get a short explanation telling that Taravangian died during the 15 year stretch in book 6. 

I think that we Taravangian will probably end up having a very important death in book 5 (unless it already happened in Rhythm of War and I just have yet to read it yet). Taravangian could be betrayed by Odium or even Dalinar if the Diagram goes wrong and stuff goes down. No matter how Taravangian dies, that event will carry major consequences. Will his deal with Odium be repealed? Will the people of the Diagram continue to follow its instructions? There is so much that could happen. Please contribute any thoughts you have, I would really appreciate a good discussion about this unless Rhythm of War explains it all.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Cole said:

Rhythm of War explains it all.

Nice thoughts, but RoW wants some words with you. Around 450,000 of them.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

11 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Nice thoughts, but RoW wants some words with you. Around 450,000 of them.

Yeah. Difficult to hold a discussion on this until OP reads it.

Oh this isn’t on RoW discussion? 
*slowly backs away from thread*