The Future of Taravangian (Theory Thursday)

Cole

*I have only read up to Dawnshard so I have not read RoW yet* but I came up with a pretty interesting thought. So we know that after Stormlight 5, there is going to be a 10-15 year world period until the next book. We also know Taravangian is getting up there in his age, and we even know that he feels that he feels he won't be around much longer in Oathbringer. So putting these two pieces of info together, it is pretty obvious that Taravangian most likely won't be around after Stormlight 5 and into 6 and there is no way that we just get a short explanation telling that Taravangian died during the 15 year stretch in book 6. 

I think that we Taravangian will probably end up having a very important death in book 5 (unless it already happened in Rhythm of War and I just have yet to read it yet). Taravangian could be betrayed by Odium or even Dalinar if the Diagram goes wrong and stuff goes down. No matter how Taravangian dies, that event will carry major consequences. Will his deal with Odium be repealed? Will the people of the Diagram continue to follow its instructions? There is so much that could happen. Please contribute any thoughts you have, I would really appreciate a good discussion about this unless Rhythm of War explains it all.

• 2 months later...

So I finished RoW yesterday ... After a much anticipated wait I finally found enough time to devote my full attention to a SA book. I think that then safest thing to say is that it feels really weird reading this post after finishing RoW

On 4/15/2021 at 5:45 PM, Cole said:

*I have only read up to Dawnshard so I have not read RoW yet* but I came up with a pretty interesting thought. So we know that after Stormlight 5, there is going to be a 10-15 year world period until the next book. We also know Taravangian is getting up there in his age, and we even know that he feels that he feels he won't be around much longer in Oathbringer. So putting these two pieces of info together, it is pretty obvious that Taravangian most likely won't be around after Stormlight 5 and into 6 and there is no way that we just get a short explanation telling that Taravangian died during the 15 year stretch in book 6. 

I think that we Taravangian will probably end up having a very important death in book 5 (unless it already happened in Rhythm of War and I just have yet to read it yet). Taravangian could be betrayed by Odium or even Dalinar if the Diagram goes wrong and stuff goes down. No matter how Taravangian dies, that event will carry major consequences. Will his deal with Odium be repealed? Will the people of the Diagram continue to follow its instructions? There is so much that could happen. Please contribute any thoughts you have, I would really appreciate a good discussion about this unless Rhythm of War explains it all.

This part especially made me chuckle.