D&D with Null

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

"Because I want to know. And also because we both have weapons. and lest I forget, because I'm a cleric of the Unnamed God. That should be enough reasons, yes?"

"Ah, I see. Very well."
He flips the note over and begins to read.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Ah, I see. Very well."

It reads: "I may have some information about a job, if you're interested, but just telling you would put me in danger. Come to the back of the inn away from the customers in a few minutes."

The bartender, after passing you your change, busies himself wiping down part of the spotless counter and dusting pristine glasses. The other customers in the tavern, while few, since it's still early afternoon, are regarding you two with some degree of interest ranging from idle curiosity to full on staring.

51 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Ah, I see. Very well."

I stand up, craning to see what's written on the scrap of paper. "All that that note cost you was the price of a drink. Well, I bought a drink, too, so shouldn't I get to read it? I can hardly be an adventurer without uncovering some sort of mystery, can I? And yours is the most promising."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

I stand up, craning to see what's written on the scrap of paper. "All that that note cost you was the price of a drink. Well, I bought a drink, too, so shouldn't I get to read it? I can hardly be an adventurer without uncovering some sort of mystery, can I? And yours is the most promising."

"Very well. I can't exactly deny you, now can't I?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Very well. I can't exactly deny you, now can't I?"

Permission given, I grab the note from his hands and scan it. "Fascinating. And this came from the bartender? Truly, a brave and selfless soul, to risk himself in order to bring employment to a travelling stranger. Speaking of, I'm Wola. By what name do you go?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

Permission given, I grab the note from his hands and scan it. "Fascinating. And this came from the bartender? Truly, a brave and selfless soul, to risk himself in order to bring employment to a travelling stranger. Speaking of, I'm Wola. By what name do you go?"

"I am Usavi. What brings you here, might I ask?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"I am Usavi. What brings you here, might I ask?"

"You may indeed ask, Usavi, now that I'm merely strange, rather than a stranger. I come to these parts seeking adventure, for I've been told that that's the best way to answer a divine call." I touch the symbol hanging around my neck. "And indeed, my first day in town I run into a mysterious man bearing both weapons and a secret. An indication that I'm on the right path, yes? And what about you? Why are you lurking in rural taverns with such dramatic accoutrements?"

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

"You may indeed ask, Usavi, now that I'm merely strange, rather than a stranger. I come to these parts seeking adventure, for I've been told that that's the best way to answer a divine call." I touch the symbol hanging around my neck. "And indeed, my first day in town I run into a mysterious man bearing both weapons and a secret. An indication that I'm on the right path, yes? And what about you? Why are you lurking in rural taverns with such dramatic accoutrements?"

"I was just wandering these parts, with no real rhyme or reason. Though I won't turn down some adventuring gold to bolster my pockets."

Edited by AmazingGoob

5 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I was just wandering these parts, with no real rhyme or reason. Though I won't turn down some adventuring gold to bolster my pockets."

"Ah, well, my travelling always takes the form of a well-crafted sonnet, personally. I suppose we can't all be so blessed." I glance at the barkeep, and then around at the rest of the room. "Say, Usavi, why don't we take this obviously riveting conversation out behind the tavern?"

Edited by Ookla the Uscritic
Typos abound

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

"Ah, well, my travelling always takes the form of a well-crafted sonnet, personally. I suppose we can't all be so blessed." I glance at the barkeep, and then around at the rest of the room. "Say, Usavi, why don't we take this obviously riveting conversation out behind the tavern?"

"Of course." He stands and begins to walk out of the tavern.

5 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Of course." He stands and begins to walk out of the tavern.

I take a moment to replace my sunglasses and drop a few coins on the bar before following him out the door. I circle the inn and situate myself beside the back door, completely failing to look casual. "My very first clandestine meeting," I say with satisfaction. "This beats counting rocks any day."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Ort gazed at the town and marveled. Hands down, this was the best town he'd ever seen in his entire life.

It was also the only town. But that didn't make it any less great!

People turned to look as he walked down the street, curiosity in their eyes. He gave them a friendly wave and a smile.

He stopped at the side of the road to ask for directions to a place of rest. A brief, but enjoyable conversation later, he had directions to the city tavern. He gave the townsperson another cheery wave in goodbye.

Ort walked into the tavern with his usual spring in his step, gazing around in fascination at the crowd. There were so many people. He'd never seen so many people in one place before.

2 hours ago, 00kla said:

"One silver", he says. "Today's special is a mutton sandwich with a side of fried potatoes."

I nod and pull out a silver, placing it on the bar. "I want that then".

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Ort walked into the tavern with his usual spring in his step, gazing around in fascination at the crowd. There were so many people. He'd never seen so many people in one place before.

I turn quickly as I hear the door open. I look the newcomer over, and note his obvious cheer. I sigh inwardly at this. Dealing with extroverts exhausts me.

Lander Hornraven, the best duke in the world, arrived at the town expecting cheers. He was very disappointed. Didn't these people know nobility when they saw it? Didn't they have any respect? Nevermind them, they are simple peasants anyway. He looks for the nearest place to relax and sees a bar nearby. This would work. Lander strolls into the bar and was yet again disappointed. Seriously? these people did not care about him at all. He would change that in a matter of days. He would be the hero of this town.

Lander approaches the bartender and says in his best suave voice, or maybe it was just weird. Voices are difficult to manage. Anyway, He asks the bartender "I would request an ale and some information"

43 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

Lander Hornraven, the best duke in the world, arrived at the town expecting cheers. He was very disappointed. Didn't these people know nobility when they saw it? Didn't they have any respect? Nevermind them, they are simple peasants anyway. He looks for the nearest place to relax and sees a bar nearby. This would work. Lander strolls into the bar and was yet again disappointed. Seriously? these people did not care about him at all. He would change that in a matter of days. He would be the hero of this town.

Lander approaches the bartender and says in his best suave voice, or maybe it was just weird. Voices are difficult to manage. Anyway, He asks the bartender "I would request an ale and some information"

The door opens again, and I glance over. It was another traveler. This one looked like he had a very high opinion of himself, dressed in his fine nobleman's clothes and walking with an air of self-importance. He looked like he hadn't ever missed a meal in his life. I shake my head. Why. Just, Why. Why did have to come on the same day as these people.