Mistspren and Sja Anat

Watchcry

Why do you all suppose mistspren are more prone to approach Sja Anat? As far as I can tell from her Interlude, the only "greater children" of hers that we see on screen are mistspren. Yes, she has enlightened children (windspren among them) but they are not "greater children." Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Watchcry said:

Why do you all suppose mistspren are more prone to approach Sja Anat? As far as I can tell from her Interlude, the only "greater children" of hers that we see on screen are mistspren. Yes, she has enlightened children (windspren among them) but they are not "greater children." Any thoughts?

I think it might be because of their nature - I think they are equal parts Honour and Cultivation, yet Tumi pulsed to the Rhythm of War - Honour and Odium - when corrupted. Mistspren also pair with the Bondsmith spren, so I think the clue will be found in their nature or their society. I think they, when corrupted PROPERLY, which I don't think has happened yet, they are an equal mixture of all three shards, and so they know this process could result in them becoming an equal mix, something they might think is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mistspren were among the first to start Bonding again. Hmm... maybe like the Reachers, they too sought an alternative?

It might have something to do with why they manifest in so ephemeral a form, they might be easier to change, or it might have something to do with why their Order is also at the centre of the Surgebinding chart.

Hard to tell really at the moment as we know so little about this. But my thoughts where on a similar line to @Ixthos that it has to do with their nature. 

Though I thought it could be because they are the one most likely to change and that makes them open so Sja Anats thoughts or something on that line. 

• 1 month later...

From the Coppermind: "Mistspren in general are curious; the idea of seeing something through a new perspective, or finding out how other creatures think, seems interesting to them. Perhaps for this reason, they are the most willing to be Enlightened by Sja-Anat, and many go to her willingly to be transformed. They seem highly empathetic and supportive of their Radiants. They aren't opposed to bonding singers, though it's unknown how prevalent this attitude is among them."