Shirts

SOM1else

So, I was thinking "how cool would it be if we had 17th Shard shirts that we could buy" I think that this is something that should seriously be considered, we all know that the servers aren't that great and proceeds raised from selling shirts could be used on an upgrade, it would also be cool to wear at signings and conventions to promote awareness for the site and mark us as members. I don't know what would have to be done to make this happen or if it is even feasible, but this is the suggestion box it's our job to make suggestions and your job to consider the practicallity of said suggestions so go ahead and consider.

P.S.

IIRC Kerry is a linguist, I suggest you consult her on the meaning of the word "Soon". We're all still waiting for that first episode of Shardcast to be released ;)

This would also make it easier to spot each other at signings and stuff, thus reducing the need for the awkward question "have you ever heard of 17th Shard?"

Would you be able to go through InkWing for this? That would make things easier. Also, it would add extra exposure to people going in for the Brandon shirts, who would definitely fall into the group of people who we want to be aware of us.

EDIT: And can it be blue on a green background? I have lots of dark shirts, but not enough green ones. Jus' sayin.

Edited by Silus - Shard of Flame

We will be considering both cost effectiveness and design factors when choosing the colors of the shirts, too. I know we've always planned to have shirts, but with everything else that's going on, it's sort of been pushed to the back seat for a while - especially when compared to things like, you know, epic giveaways. ;)

Glad to see that my idea wasn't a waste of time and that this is actually something that you guys have already been looking into :) let us know what happens.

I actually spoke to a merchandise guy on Sunday, and we may be looking into things other than shirts, such as bumper stickers, buttons, con ribbons, and other stuff. I just need to discuss things with the rest of the staff.

Is there anything else people want to see?

I've always been in favor of shirts. It'll happen, guys. That said if you want to help with the site, there's a donate button on the About page. I heartily recommend you use it ;)

IIRC Kerry is a linguist, I suggest you consult her on the meaning of the word "Soon". We're all still waiting for that first episode of Shardcast to be released ;)

The air quotes are fully intentional in saying "soon".

Figurines. Of ourselves, our 17th Shard personas. I'm only halfway kidding.

Shiro would make a sexy figurine, but NCSoft would probably sue.

As the Shard of Flame would have the power over flame, I think that this would be a good figurine for Silus, I think it represents him in a nice symbolic way. It has the power to create flame, and it represents the power to destroy flame.

Yeah I know that that was a bit of a stretch but still it was the best thing I could find for him:P

Edited by SOM1else