5 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Waitttt... are you telling me girls don't have random contests of who can write tree the most times in a row?? I never knew we were this different... Oh and:

Hide contents

Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree. Tree.

565 trees?

Edited by Ookla the Tortured

22 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

I'm female and it happens all the freaking time with my friends. Do you have contests about who can use the most swear words in ten seconds?

I don’t swear like 98% of the time, so not really. Maybe my friends do it. ;)

Just now, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Every time I say "Storm it" "Holly Mother of Tanavast" "Sparks" "By the Survivor" "Mists" "Harmony's forearms" "Skud" "Slonze" "Kelek's breath" "Ash's eyes" "Idos Domi" "Starvin" "Dusts" or call someone "Kayana" (and all of the swears that didn't make it on the list) I put five cents in the jar.

Is there a specific reason? Are you saving up for Sanderson books or something?

2 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

(I advise Holly mother of Tanavast) I don't swear much but I do have a Sanderson swears jar.

Cool!

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Huh. I suppose if you're translating it, then it's bad. Books and presents are great, though!

Yeah. . . Hehe. 

Every time I say "Storm it" "Holly Mother of Tanavast" "Sparks" "By the Survivor" "Mists" "Harmony's forearms" "Skud" "Slonze" "Kelek's breath" "Ash's eyes" "Idos Domi" "Starvin" "Dusts" or call someone "Kayana" (and all of the swears that didn't make it on the list) I put five cents in the jar.

*Taln’s Scar

Seriously translate Kaladin he says "&@#$ing Lighteyes" every ten pages or so in the first book.

Yep. Honestly, if the swears were translated, the reviews would read:

’For ages 18 and up. Highly intense language and dialogue. Proceed with caution.’

9 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I've been thinking about swearing in different ways, and I've got some... new ideas for my characters. "Vazey," for example, is one of Trylle's. She was born in the 1800's, and that is a word from that time period. It means stupid.

I'm not very skilled at coming up with fictional swear words, but the two I've come up with for my characters I use all the time. I write the swears so often that sometimes I catch myself saying them out loud. I'll hit my toe on a table or something and mutter "Guardians!" or "Eldest!" in like the most annoyed voice ever. And then I question my sanity because I realize I am using the swears that the imaginary people in my head use. 

An exclamation I'm particularly fond of as a curse-substitute is "Barnabas!" (For no real reason, so if anyone here is named Barnabas, I have nothing against you. I actually quite like the name). So I'll probably try to work "Barr-Nabbas!" in as a swear word in my book at some point ;)

EDIT:
This is me playing catch-up to conversations that ended a week ago ;)

Edited by BreezeCauthon

2 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

An exclamation I'm particularly fond of as a curse-substitute is "Barnabas!" (For no real reason, so if anyone here is named Barnabas, I have nothing against you. I actually quite like the name). So I'll probably try to work "Barr-Nabbas!" in as a swear word in my book at some point ;)

EDIT:
This is me playing catch-up to conversations that ended a week ago ;)

:) I've started using storms finally.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Condensation said:

:) I've started using storms finally.

That was one of the first Brandon swears I started using. (Can we start calling them Sanderswears? No, that sounds like a clothing chain. Nevermind.) I caught myself thinking a girl was "storming beautiful," and oddly felt kind of proud of myself.

2 hours ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

That was one of the first Brandon swears I started using. (Can we start calling them Sanderswears? No, that sounds like a clothing chain. Nevermind.) I caught myself thinking a girl was "storming beautiful," and oddly felt kind of proud of myself.

Haha. Yes, we could call them Sanderswears. It has a nice ring to it I think.