Hi everyone, I'm new and excited to get started!

So Hoid is not a shard, that's always made me think, what can he do. Hoid has an assortment of powers but I have a feeling we don't know of them all, for example Hoid is both a mistborn and a light weaver but when Yasna threatened him with a shard blade he said that he doubted it could kill him, but from what I know with only the powers he has, a shard blade would still be very deadly. So from what Hoid implied he is much more powerful then we know, so that raises a question what are those powers and also where would Hoid fall on the power scale, he would come up higher then a radiant and an allomancers for sure but would he be higher lower or equal to a shard? Could Hoid be more or just as powerful as Adonalsium?

Welcome to the Shard! By the way, this topic may get moved from Introduce Yourself. 

Hoid could be threatened by a Shard or Nightblood, but not much else.

What's your favorite book?

I just realized that I put this in the wrong spot...

any way I have only read the stormlight and mistborn series but of all the books I would say that my favorite is Oathbringer

Edited by A Windrunner

25 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

that's always made me think, what can he do

We do not know the full extent of Hoid's powers.  He mentions during OB that he has some healing abilities(he had to suppress them to make the beating he took stick) and he also has Yollish Lightweaving(we don't know what that is really just that he has it) and at least the first heigtening(breath from Warbreaker).  He also attempted to gain feruchemy during the mistborn trilogy but we don't know if he was successful or not.

Also welcome to the shard!

26 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Hi everyone, I'm new and excited to get started!

So Hoid is not a shard, that's always made me think, what can he do. Hoid has an assortment of powers but I have a feeling we don't know of them all, for example Hoid is both a mistborn and a light weaver but when Yasna threatened him with a shard blade he said that he doubted it could kill him, but from what I know with only the powers he has, a shard blade would still be very deadly. So from what Hoid implied he is much more powerful then we know, so that raises a question what are those powers and also where would Hoid fall on the power scale, he would come up higher then a radiant and an allomancers for sure but would he be higher lower or equal to a shard? Could Hoid be more or just as powerful as Adonalsium?

He has healing abilities at least equivalent to a Radiant with Stormlight, so he could heal any Shardblade cut. But he's not remotely close to Shardic levels of power. I think he mentions how Odium could wipe him out if Odium found him.

This is everything we know about Hoid.

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Hoid

1 hour ago, RShara said:

He has healing abilities at least equivalent to a Radiant with Stormlight

Questioner

Has Hoid ever died before?

Brandon Sanderson

Define died. He has had his head chopped off.

Questioner

*Inaudible clarification*

Brandon Sanderson

He actually ends the book Dragonsteel, that's unpublished, being beheaded. And that event happened, although that book didn't happen as the book was written.

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

I don't think a Radiant could survive that so maybe a bit more

Hoid can heal even wounds like hemalurgy that damage the soul:

Questioner

Hoid has said that what he does, when he heals or comes back to life or whatever, heals the soul

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Questioner

But Hemalurgy is like ripping off a piece of the soul. Could he heal that?

Brandon Sanderson

It is possible. Well, his particular brand of healing is very Spiritual Realm based. And so, it would-- he could. Not all brands of healing are capable. It depends on what's happening, and things like that. But yes, he would. Most Shardbearers [Surgebinders?] when they're in the throes of their powers would heal spiritually. *brief pause* Not all of them. Not all healing will do that, though.

Questioner

Yeah. Because I was thinking that maybe you could spike him multiple times and compound his power.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. Spiking him could do some weird things though. But spiking can do weird things to anyone.

10 hours ago, Danex said:

I don't think a Radiant could survive that so maybe a bit more

Szeth survives the equivalent with just the use of a healing fabrial, so Progression at least should be capable of that level of healing.  I think the biggest issue a radiant would have is that if the body gets disconnected from the head, they may not be able to access their stormlight to heal with.