Having the have of Harmony a Metal(s)

Frustration

No need to apologies but yeah there is a WoB.

Questioner

If I were to alloy atium and lerasium, would I get harmonium? Or is harmonium different after the Shards combined?

Brandon Sanderson

It's different after the Shards combined.

Questioner

If I was to take harmonium and separate it out through distillation, would I get lerasium and atium or something that functions similarly?

Brandon Sanderson

No, you would-- It actually has become a different--

Questioner

Can't be split?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. I mean, you could find a way, but you're not going to get it through normal, mechanical means.

Skyward Houston signing (Nov. 19, 2018)

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, first void said:

Brandon has also said that it would be hard to separate the two shards from each other. This tells us that the shards can combine and give birth to new metals, powers, and....shard themes? 

What I wanna know is if Harmony could be split into two single-shards with different ratios of Ruin and Preservation in them.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

What I wanna know is if Harmony could be split into two single-shards with different ratios of Ruin and Preservation in them.

Yes. 

CosmereQuestioner

Like Adonalsium, could Harmony split into 2 shards OTHER THAN Ruin/Preservation with the right intent.

You once stated that it is plausible that with a different intent Adonalsium could have shattered into a DIFFERENT 16 shards. You have also said that Harmony is one shard (or could be viewed this way.) My question: Could Harmony split/be split into 2 shards OTHER THAN Ruin/Preservation (yet still complementing/opposite) with the right intent of the splitter?  And if not is this because Harmony is still too invested in Scadrial as Ruin/Preservation?

Brandon Sanderson

Almost anything is possible... but it is very, very unlikely that Harmony would split except back to Ruin/Preservation.

General Signed Books 2017 (March 7, 2017)

1 minute ago, Karger said:

Yes.

Well then here's a crackpot hypothesis (not even properly a theory); Sazed will intentionally split Harmony into 2 shards at like a 2/3rds ratio of Preservation and Ruin each and give Kelsier the more Ruinous half. The added Preservation will temper the Intent to destroy, while not locking him up as badly as Harmony is now.

Crackpot addon; BOTH of these shards will be called Discord.

(joke addon: one is light mode and one is dark mode)