The God Complex

Darth Woodrack

Third Character  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow a tertiary, non godly, character?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to clarify that everyone except for Kenods character knows the complex exists.

"My time is wasted here. All who would join me, follow," Barbados said, turning around and stalking away. This was expected. When they start to die without him, they will flock to his banner.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Mizuki watched as Barbados began to leave. She knew that once he was gone it would be very difficult for her to find him again, and she had a feeling that it might be a really bad idea for her to be alone in the future. And of course, it was also the best opportunity to learn more about her abilities, about where they came from, and this world they landed her into.

On the other hand though... She looked around, gazing at the corpses scattered around the room. It was obvious that Barbados would get in more fights like these, and if she joined him she would have to kill people as well. Still, if she was alone, she might still have too, but without any allies...

Finally she stood up, and quickly ran after Bardabos, hoping she wasn't making a mistake. When she was standing behind him she spoke softly. "I'll join for now," she said. "But if I feel that your pantheon isn't the right place for me I will leave you. Is that okay?"

@Darth Woodrack

Edited by kenod

Sangus continued to sit. “You cannot presume to take charge of this pantheon, Barbados. You may have called us here, but that does not make you the leader.” the god of wisdom smiled, “I think I speak for most of those gathered here when I say I do not trust you. If I am to join this pantheon, you cannot be leading it. Simple as that.” Sangus stood in his chair, adding a good amount to his height. “I find the idea of a pantheon appealing, but I would like to see what Barbados does before I truly bind myself to it.”

Logos stood and said, "I would like to join, so long as secession is left as an option. I do not wish to die with you." It remained standing.

Phantom pondered. If he joined, he gained the support of a pantheon. If he refused, he would have nothing. "I accept, on the condition that I aid in writing the contract. "

On 2/25/2020 at 2:00 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

On 2/25/2020 at 0:26 PM, ZincAboutIt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Caeli-csimg.jpg.6652c77dee77a8f7be418beb9b6d80f9.jpg

Looks mysteriously like Caebdar ;) Also I'm adding my second character and revising Caebdar. 
Caebdar

Spoiler

Name: Kaëbdaar, or Caebdar in the modern age.

Domains

Primary: Destruction

Caebdar is the physical representation of entropy, and thus, while not being an evil god, his powers are often though of as negative.

Secondaries:

Space

Caebdar can bend space to his will, creating temporary wormholes.

Magic

Caebdar is able to bend the energies of the universe into mystical energy.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

Goal: Ensure the rebirth of the universe.

Appearance: Caebdar, when not in the form of a white European dragon, takes the form of a man in his prime, with charcoal-black skin and glowing white hair, with glowing purple tattoos covering much of his body. He wears white clothing that seems to glow much like his hair and always seem to hang at sharp angles.

Manifestation of Power: The colors of the world around him are all inverted, and when he uses any of his powers, the aftermath leaves an area of inverted colors, the time said area stays that way depending upon how much energy was put forth.

Weakness: Being exposed to strange matter. If this happens, Caebdar loses his powers, and becomes mortal. He would in theory, appear to be a normal human from that time forward. 

Origin: When the universe was reformed (Big Bounce, look it up (also no I'm not saying this is what I think happens, I'm just saying it's cool, but I'm no theoretical physicist)), Kaëbdaar was formed from the ideas of the past universe, a god of destruction and magic, sent to regulate the new universe with his eternal companion, Tut'Kor'Anuumo.

Tut'Kor'Anuumo

Spoiler

Name: Tut'Kor'Anuumo

Domains

Primary: Creation

Tut'Kor'Anuumo is the physical representation of negentropy. As such, he is viewed as good, even though that is not necessarily true.

Secondaries:

Time

Tut'Kor'Anuumo can view the future and the past of any object or place simply by looking at it.

Physical Laws

Tut'Kor'Anuumo can fully understands all laws governing the universe, and as such, knows perfectly how to exploit them. 

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

Goal: Ensure the rebirth of the universe.

Appearance: Tut'Kor'Anuumo, when not in the form of an ethereal giant with elk-like horns, takes the form of young man, with bone-white skin and black hair that seems to absorb light, with glowing blue tattoos covering much of his body. He wears flowing robes that seem to show swaths of space and always move.

Manifestation of Power: The colors of the world around him are all , and when he uses any of his powers, the aftermath leaves an area of inverted colors, the time said area stays that way depending upon how much energy was put forth.

Weakness: Being exposed to strange matter. If this happens, Tut'Kor'Anuumo loses his powers, and becomes mortal. He would in theory, appear to be a normal human from that time forward.

Origin: When the universe was reformed, Tut'Kor'Anuumo was formed from the ideas of the new universe, a god of creation and discovery, sent to regulate the new universe with his eternal companion, Kaëbdaar.

"I will join you, Barbados," I say, stretching out my arms. "As will my other half. But I cannot promise that we will stay."

Edited by bees?

Barbados kept walking, nodded to Mizuiki, as he had already said his mind. If these people had actually listened to him, they would have heard something along the lines of ‘we are all equals here,’ and ‘we will not push others to the side,’ which should give the effect that if they developed a leader, it wouldn’t necessarily be him. If anyone wanted to come with him, @Coda, they needed to do it now.

7 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

It seems to me as though the newer gods or those with lots of vested interest in humanity/many temples, etc, would be well served in formally joining the Pantheon. It makes sense for the older ones to wait before binding in formally, but I assume they will eventually do so slightly later into the plot once stakes are raised or a more concrete solution presents itself in terms of dealing with the enemy.

Agreed.

I turn and stare at the retreating forms of those who follow Barbados. I clench my jaw and I rise to my full height. The weariness is gone now and I feel powers that I have not wielded in thousands of years flow through me. 

"Hear me Barbados!! You seek control of a Pantheon of those you name equals!! I offer you words of caution. Do not underestimate those that you see to control." My eyes rove across the deities that seek to form this new pantheon. "You are a young god who does not remember the chaos of the ancient days when pantheons rose and fell in the blink of an eye. Do you think yourself greater than Cronus, Jupiter, Odin, or Gilgmaesh the King? They stood where you do before they were destroyed. Beware hubris young god! It consumes all!! Do not believe that you will be any different than your predecessors. There will come a day soon when you will need my blessings and blade! On that day you will call out me! I will come to your aid. However know that I am War and I shall not bow or kneel at the feet of any Deity!!"

I turn to Sangus. "Why did you never take credit for The Prince? We all know that it was not that mortal Machaivelli could not have written such a thing."

The pendulum continues to swing in the air before Chao.

@Darth Woodrack, @Blessing of Potency, @Dr. Dapper

Edited by Nathrangking

Updated character sheet:

Spoiler

Name: Chao

Domains: Primary: Chaos, Secondary: Luck and Change

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Goals: Cause as much chaos as possible.

Appearance: The only constant in her appearance is the fact that she’s female, though she has some preferences. She prefers felines to canine, and she likes the color red. She’s appeared as everything from a cat to a person.

Manifestation of Power: Warm strong wind that can seems to carry the sound of clattering dice, it likes to tip things over. If someone’s mind is in a large enough state of chaos her whispers can be heard.

Weakness: Order. She stays away from banks

Origin: the natural chaos of the human mind and the untamed wilds. She is an old god, one of the oldest as she is not sustained by worship but instead simply by the existence of chaos

@Darth Woodrack

“Control.” Chao mutters to herself, just loud enough for Baalhan to hear, “control brings the best chaos of them all, chaos of the mind.”

@Nathrangking

Caeli snorted and raised an eyebrow at the impassioned war god. "Yes, I do imagine Pope Alexander VI would have loved that. 'Penned by the hand of a god.' Not the God of the Hebrews - who, by the way, has never once acknowledged any of my feasting invitations - but another god. Delightful! Oh, Sangus, you've robbed us all of quite the laugh with that modesty of yours."

She giggled and the sound rang in the air, her hair fanning out slightly around her. Caeli dropped her chin into her palm and looked at the remaining gods seated in the bunker. "Now, if we're all rather done making stirring speeches," her blue gaze rested for an extended moment on Baalhan before roving once more across the room, "I for one would like some more information about what, exactly, has happened. These mortals have killed three gods. How? I suggest a trip to the site of one of these murders, that we might ascertain a little more evidence on what, exactly, those clever little sheep have up their sleeves this time."

Edited by ZincAboutIt

Barbados barely avoided a snort. Did he seriously just compare him to a series of tyrannical god kings? That was almost a complement. The thing they forgot was that those old fools had an easy weakness. Odin? He could only be harmed in his own pursuit  of knowledge. He was tricked into trying to figure out where gods go when they die. Cronus? Well, he never actually figured out what their weakness was, but they didn’t have a godly healing factor, so he’s still in a million or so pieces. Jupiter? He could only die when the Roman Empire fell. Everyone thought that meant he was eternal. Guess not. Gilgamesh wasn’t even a true god! Zeus? He could only be killed by one who shares his wedding ring. His wife got fed up and killed him. The eternal pattern, the more powerful the god, the simpler the weakness. He figured that he followed that pattern, but he lacked their arrogance. He made sure that everyone feared him, and no god could kill him. Maybe on day his pantheon would fall, but it would be dang near impossible for someone to kill him, but he recognized that it was possible. So, he planned. 
@ZincAboutIt

He said at the beginning of the meeting that three were dead, and five more were captured.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

What happens to the gods who refuse? Will they still show up, or will they just disappear? If you want, you can kill off Logos to advance the plot.

Logos contemplated, but shook its head. "I cannot accept. This will not aid me."

Phantom smiled as he lied. "I will join you." 

2 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

He said at the beginning of the meeting that three were dead, and five more were captured.

Thanks! Do you have any idea of which ones are dead or captured? Any deities with a larger, older domain that could be leveraged to make an impression on all the old ones? I think it would be fun to go visit the site of a death and do some god sleuthing in the field. Show off a few abilities, make some discoveries, snark at each other some more. Just god stuff, y'know.