D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

34 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Steelrunner and Coinshot.

Looks like we got ourselves a compounder.

For myself, I'm thinking about running a hazekiller build. The idea's that I'd have no magical powers, but I'd have equipment designed to level the playing field with the likes of mistborn and Radiants.

Here's a list of weapons/equipment:

- 2 glass throwing daggers

- 1 light crossbow with obsidian tipped bolts

- 1 vial of poison to use with said weapons. The poison is fast acting (30-60s) and causes temporary paralysis lasting 5-10 minutes

- 1 forearm-mounted Half-shard blade. It runs along the bottom of the forearm extending 2 ½ ft past the hand. The hand is not free while this is in use since a grip is needed to stabilize it. The blade itself can take 3-4 hits from a shardblade before breaking

- 1 vial of Taldain sand for locating investiture

- 1 set of pocket binoculars

- 1 pet larkin

- 1 ettmetal primer cube. I have no way to charge it myself, though

@Ricocheting Windrunner, please let me know if you think any of my items are too OP for this campaign.

Edited by ILuvHats

43 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Steelrunner and Coinshot. 

Trying to sneak a compounder past us?

5 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I think since you have no investiture none of the items are overpowered. That's an interesting idea. Though I must confess I don't know what the cube does.  

If you charge it it can use alomancy.  Charge it with a coinshot's power and it will push all metal away from it.  Charge it with cadmium and it will slow down time once activated. 

Edited by Karger

@ChickenLiberty @Fifth Scholar @xinoehp512 if you want to play you might want to let me know for sure as there are four characters now. 

@ILuvHats Sorry but i might omit the cube because you have so many inverture using people in the party and you could duplicate any of their powers. 

13 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Sorry but i might omit the cube because you have so many inverture using people in the party and you could duplicate any of their powers. 

But not with any subtlety.  It just omnidirectionally uses all of them and we don't know if it works for anything other then alomancy.

32 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Sorry but i might omit the cube because you have so many inverture using people in the party and you could duplicate any of their powers. 

You have a point, but I don't think it's as OP as you think it is. As Karger mentioned, it's omnidirectional, so it's not as if I have advanced control of the powers. And I'd be playing under the assumption that it can't replicate any powers, only Allomancy. Plus, I basically get only one, maybe two uses with it during combat, since I can't charge it myself. Honestly, unless we have a Leecher (which I don't think we have yet), I don't think it's that powerful. You have the final say though.

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

You generally can't do that.  The spren would likely find a way to end the bond or just physically leave to prevent you from using those abilities.

That's part of the character. Brandon has said that you can do it, you just need the consent of the spren- and of all the spren, I feel like an inkspren would be the most likely to agree.

9 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

You have a point, but I don't think it's as OP as you think it is. As Karger mentioned, it's omnidirectional, so it's not as if I have advanced control of the powers. And I'd be playing under the assumption that it can't replicate any powers, only Allomancy. Plus, I basically get only one, maybe two uses with it during combat, since I can't charge it myself. Honestly, unless we have a Leecher (which I don't think we have yet), I don't think it's that powerful. You have the final say though.

Ok then. You can have the cube. As soon as i read the description my mind went crazy with possibilities. Your points make sense though and with no investiture yourself it's good. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

This sounds fun :)

I’ll have a character with one spike, giving them light weaving, if that’s alright?

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Sure that's fine. That's seven now so I think I'll close character building. When should we start playing any ideas?

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

So i'm assuming since I only have gravitation i'm at my 2nd Ideal. based of of this could I eventually, at 3rd ideal, gain the surge of division?

@Ricocheting Windrunner Were you thinking about starting it soon or later? Also how often will we be playing?

Edited by Feruchemical Skybreaker

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Actually, what am I thinking? Inkspren means Stormlight. I'll swap for feruchemical nicrosil.

nicrosil is super powerful so what if you did that and then one of the other traits instead of both. 

And i thought about getting an interaction so a day. Starting hopefully tomorrow. (whenever that is for time changes and such) 

Because of different time zones i'll try to have a lot of npc to talk to so if your online and nobody else is it won't be to bad. Once we do start playing put any out of character talk into quote boxes to minimize confusion. We'll see about setting up a regular timing for posts. I don't know yet when that will be.  

1 hour ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

nicrosil is super powerful so what if you did that and then one of the other traits instead of both. 

What do you mean?

I'll also swap out the pewter feruchemy for duralumin feruchemy, so:

-Inkspren
-F-duralumin
-F-nicrosil

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

Nah. blantantly obvious if you know what you are doing.

Am I being an idiot and missing something here? 

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

What do you mean?

I'll also swap out the pewter feruchemy for duralumin feruchemy, so:

-Inkspren
-F-duralumin
-F-nicrosil

I read that and thought of allomancy nicrosil not feruchemancy. Apparently I can't read. Your good.