Cycle 5

Writeup to come after I get off work tonight...I promise : P

CadCom was attacked and killed!  He was a Loyal with no items.

Joe was lynched! He was a Loyal with no items.

Lynch Results:

Spoiler

Elandera (1) Kyndedath

Striker (2) , Kidpen, Joe

Elkanah (1) Elandera

Joe (4) Butt Ad Venture, Elkanah, CadCom, Lemonelon

Cycle 5 will end at 1 PM CST on December 30th

Player List:

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity Loyal

4. Stick - Stick! Loyal

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings Traitor

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr Loyal

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets)

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper) Loyal

13. Kidpen - mustached gma

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets Loyal

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist) Loyal

Black Market:

Spoiler

Item

Description

Cost

Number   Available

Gun

One time use, may kill any player you target unless they're protected by the vest.

10 points

Bulletproof Vest

One time use, protects against any attack excluding the lynch (passive ability but if activated by an attack it will cancel out your other action if you took one).

8 points

Smoke Bomb 

You cannot be observed with Binoculars. Using this doesn’t consume your action.

6 points

Knife

Wounds a player of your choice, blocking their action for that cycle (may be used once per round).

4 points

Strongbox

Cannot be stolen. You can store one item in the Strongbox. That item cannot be stolen while in the  Strongbox.

2 points

If this stuff isn't right I'm gonna be annoyed xD

Nathan had lost track of the kid in all the chaos. Once again, for a moment, he was alone. He began to pace, to give something to keep the thoughts of hopelessness and despair at bay. It helped a little, for a few precious moments. But then they returned, telling him how pointless everything was. If he couldn't even keep track of a little kid, what good was he to the rest of the team? If he couldn't have even saved Mei, why should he even bother to try to save anyone else. His chest was heavy, his heart pounding. He seemed to be watching himself pace, as if he'd become detached from his body. He knew something was wrong, that these thoughts, these feelings, weren't normal. But they felt so much more real. As if they were the showing him the truth of reality, lifting the veil from his eyes that was hope and joy. 

He heard screams and then commotion in the distance. He ran towards them, to find the kid dead and the crowd attacking Doc Olny. He could only stare at the child's body as the rest of the team tore apart the doctor. He began to weep as the poor man gave his last breath. He'd lasted another day, but now they were fewer than half their original size. 

~

Well, that was kind of a disaster, wasn't it? I feel like we're running around in circles, chasing shadows that aren't really there. I need to go back through the thread and my PMs and figure out what the heck is going on.

Seven of us left. Assuming three starting elims and two elims left, five of us are village, we can only afford one more cycle with a mislynch and elim kill. I really don't want to have to do that though. It is extremely late where I live, so I can't analyse much now, but I will be back on in the morning with some more alertness so I can hopefully help contribute to the discussion. Assuming there is discussion that is, these threads are getting pretty bare (get it? threadbare? sorry, bad joke). 

I’ve been reading over things and thinking about things, but I think it’s just too late at night to make any big conclusions right now. I’ll make some initial statements and then come back and see how I feel after sleeping. 

Kynedath has seemed pretty honest and sincere in our PMs, but that doesn’t mean much at this point I don’t think. He could’ve been pocketing me (which happens way too often :P)

I honestly sometimes Venture is even in this game sometimes. Which might be what he was going for? Same with Kidpen. At least with Lemon, I know she stole my knife that one time. :P

I really trust Elandera. I was uncertain of her for awhile, but we basically both had the same feeling about Sart, and our latest PMs make me believe she’s trust worthy. 

I don’t know about Elkanah. They’ve been staying relatively active while also staying pretty low. I’d probably be fine for a lynch on either him or Kynedath.

Okay, so 22 hours after the cycle was opened, and there are three whole posts in here. Not ideal.

Striker -  Suspicious because of their defense of Sart in cycle 1, Seem candid and honest in PMs though which throws me off. I like how active they are, but that's NAI unfortunately.

Venture - Flying below the radar it seems, they started the last lynch on Joe (along with elkanah who got ninja'd). That's basically all I have on them, which isn't much and makes me nervous.

Elandera -  I find them very suspicious for reasons I have outlined previously, but their voting last cycle has mitigated that a little bit, they were wary of the Joe vote and proposed the theory that the elims are the ones who are staying fairly inactive. That theory makes a lot of sense to me, but it could also just be them trying to push those players into suspicion more than themselves. I'm not sure, sight elim read I think.

Lemonelon - jumped on the Joe train relatively late. They claim that they voted on him because of the list of actions he sent out cycle 1, which could definitely be true and doesn't seem too much like an elim to me. Although that bandwagoning could be a tactic to solidify the joe lynch. Overall slight village read. Maybe neutral.

Elkanah - See my thoughts on Venture.

Kidpen - Not one of the most active players from what I remember, they voted on Striker when they said the striker lynch was meh and indicating that they were fine if Joe died from inactivity, seems a tad sketchy.

Wow, the more I play this game the more I remember how difficult it is. I have no more solid suspicions, But I think we need to get the voting started and the conversation happening. Everything seems to be going quite slow at the moment. I'm going to vote for Venture @Butt Ad Venture due to their vote on Joe and the theory that the less active players are letting the village destroy itself which would be dramatic and quite compelling in a story.

19 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I'm going to vote for Venture @Butt Ad Venture due to their vote on Joe and the theory that the less active players are letting the village destroy itself which would be dramatic and quite compelling in a story.

That’s fair. I did get Joe killed. :P But that was never my intention, I was just trying to get a bit more discussion on the table. To kill Joe with practically no evidence for his guilt would clearly be a move for an Eliminator, which I am not. That puts me in suspicion of Lemon, who voted based on the Action list. While a suspicious action, I don’t think suspicious enough to merit a tiebreaker vote.

I have been most suspicious of Elandera For a few cycles now. We really don't have the wiggle room for any more mislynches either, so we can't go after information votes. Here are my reads:

Striker: Suspicious for their defense of and vote saving Sart Cycle 1, but looking back through the thread, hasn't really done anything suspicious since.

Venture: I still believe is pretty cleared based on how keen Sart was to lynch them cycle 1. They have flown pretty effectively below the radar, but targeting the less active players was recommended by Elandera who is my number 1 suspect.

Elandera: Defended Sart, but didn't vote to save him cycle one. That both helps and hurts her case. Then Sart voted on her even though that would do nothing to change Sart's position on the block and this was before it looked like we were lynching Coda instead. I believe that was an attempt to distance from her. She suggested we start lynching the least active players only after she was in position to be lynched (tied with StrikerEZ). Hence I believe Elandera is the most likely to be a traitor.

Lemonelon: I looked back through all posts by and about her. It looks like at given points Venture trusted her, Kynedath didn't trust her, and Elandera and I had neutral reads. All of these were because of lack of content. If Elandera is right and an eliminator is just lying low, I'd guess it was Lemonelon.

Kidpen: Was on all three of CadCom's lists, placed a late vote on Devotary and a throw-away vote on Striker. May be more suspicious than Lemonelon due to voting patterns.

Kynedath: Is only on one of the four lists and hasn't felt very traitor-y to me. Wasn't involved in the Sart debacle. I don't see any real indicators going back through past cycles. Given the evil team is probably Elandera and either Lemonelon or Kidpen, I'd guess Kynedath is village.

(I thought there were seven of us and it took me a whole minute to realize I was the seventh)

2 hours ago, Elkanah said:

I have been most suspicious of Elandera For a few cycles now.

Yet you chose to vote on Joe? And you jumped to that lynch fairly quickly. While I was still in the lead, in fact. 

Elkanah. I stand by my suspicion from last turn. Your voting patterns have seemed off and you've been flying just below the radar, similar to Venture (the person I suspect second at the moment).

EDIT: (Didn't quite finish my thoughts)

Both you and Venture seem to be casting a lot of doubt toward Lemon, as well. I don't know if Lemon has been around quite enough to make sure orders have been sent in. I'm starting to suspect you two may be teammates.

Striker was the one who originally proposed the less-talkative elim theory, I just reiterated it. So if that's something you're using as a basis of suspicion on me, it should also be applied to Striker.

Edited by Elandera

Wow what no. This is an incredibly bad lynch. I can't imagine Striker and Elandera are together at this point considering how incredibly obvious it would be, so now I'm just confused. Honestly Striker the lynch too much at this point and really had stuff piled on him. Not that he's gonna get lynched considering where the voting stands, but I'm not gonna make myself part of this lynch. If I think the Elandera lynch had a chance I'd probably change to her.

Clark ducked behind a dumpster. He knew there were traitors among the denizens of the black market, but he didn't expect to catch one in the act. 

Did the doctor know something? Is that why he sent Clark off to one of the scarier parts of Newcago where that epic had control? He must have known. but how could Character betray everyone? It was so uncharacteristic of her. Clark had to warn everyone.

He peeked around the edge of the dumpster to see them both staring right at him! Clark jumped and ran for his life, knowing this was the end. He cut through alleys and slipped under fences too terrified to look behind, but he knew he would never  escape. Surely Character had already informed the epic of his name, where he stayed and his ties to the doctor. All was lost. 

...and yet, he still wasn't dead. Exhausted, he slipped through the slat in the window of a closed shop. The back half of the store was collapsed in a way that made it look like a dugout. At least there was only one way in, so he would see death coming. 

-----------

But it didn't.

After waiting for what felt like days, but may have been an hour or two, he snuck a peak. There was no sign of anyone. It didn't mean there wasn't anyone, but Clark didn't remember that epic having the power of invisibility. 

He realized he could either leave and try to bring the news to the doctor and probably get killed, or he could cower here until he starved. He chose starve.

That lasted until the early hours of the morning. Too cold to sleep and missing his shanty, he finally decided to venture out. 

He looped around several times to make sure as he could that he wasn't followed. Finally, he made his way back to the market. Exhausted, but with an important message, he burst into the far emptier room leasing to the lab to see someone accuse Charlie. That didn't seem right at all. He had just seen Character with an epic. 

"Wait, Charlie wouldn't hurt a fl..." The words died as Clark spotted Character.

-------------------------------------------------------

Definitely just RP. Don't read too far into it. :ph34r:

19 hours ago, Elandera said:

Yet you chose to vote on Joe? And you jumped to that lynch fairly quickly. While I was still in the lead, in fact. 

It was originally a poke vote that got away from me while you were tied. I'll admit I should have switched over once you voted for him and it was clear you were ok with him getting lynched.

19 hours ago, Elandera said:

Striker was the one who originally proposed the less-talkative elim theory, I just reiterated it. So if that's something you're using as a basis of suspicion on me, it should also be applied to Striker.

That's a fair point. I thought he had jumped on after you had, but he also proposed it the cycle earlier. It was suspicious to me that you used it to break the tie on you, but striker may have done that too. I'm on mobile so I'll be better able to check on that when I get home.

Ninjad

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

Wow what no. This is an incredibly bad lynch. I can't imagine Striker and Elandera are together at this point considering how incredibly obvious it would be, so now I'm just confused. Honestly Striker the lynch too much at this point and really had stuff piled on him. Not that he's gonna get lynched considering where the voting stands, but I'm not gonna make myself part of this lynch. If I think the Elandera lynch had a chance I'd probably change to her.

I agree and have said as much. I'm going to keep my vote on Elandera as I think she's more likely the elim. 

I don't mean any of this to come off as angry, but rereading I can see it being taken that way. I'm not salty, I'm just suspicious.

Edit: to not double post. 

I'm an idiot. Elandera [/green]didn't vote Joe. She voted on me. I'm going to go back and look at everything again.

Edited by Elkanah

Cycle 6

writeup to come later...again *sigh (being busy in real life can suck haha)

Butt Ad Venture was lynched. They were a Loyal with no items.

Lynch Results:

Spoiler

Venture (4): Kynedath, Lemon, Elandera, Striker

Striker (1): Kidpen

Cycle will end at 1 PM CST on January 1st

Player List:

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity Loyal

4. Stick - Stick! Loyal

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings Traitor

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen Loyal

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr Loyal

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets)

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper) Loyal

13. Kidpen - mustached gma

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets Loyal

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist) Loyal

Black Market:

Spoiler

Item

Description

Cost

Number   Available

Gun

One time use, may kill any player you target unless they're protected by the vest.

10 points

Bulletproof Vest

One time use, protects against any attack excluding the lynch (passive ability but if activated by an attack it will cancel out your other action if you took one).

8 points

Smoke Bomb 

You cannot be observed with Binoculars. Using this doesn’t consume your action.

6 points

Knife

Wounds a player of your choice, blocking their action for that cycle (may be used once per round).

4 points

Strongbox

Cannot be stolen. You can store one item in the Strongbox. That item cannot be stolen while in the  Strongbox.

2 points

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Interesting lack of kill. Did anyone use a knife? I doubt it was for lack of submission, as elims would have won had the kill gone through. 

For now, I'm still certain Elkanah is elim. He stole from CadCom the cycle he died, and I've had a theory elims are stealing from their victims to stockpile items. When was the last time someone died with items? Yet we know there should be several items out there.

Elkanah

EDIT: I reviewed past turns. The only person to be killed with an item is Stick*. Those were the binoculars, which most knew Stick possessed. Not stealing from her was likely the intended action to get rid of binoculars.

Edited by Elandera

Elkanah. I was just about to ask if anyone had lost a vest or if someone had knifed someone. I guess we managed to finally catch another elim. 

I’m gonna go back through the thread at some point and see what I can glean from how other players have been treating Elk and how Elk’s been treating other players. 

EDIT: wait, would the thread have shown that someone was attacked but survived if they’d been hit with vest? Knifing really was the only way the elim kill could’ve been stopped if that’s the case. 

Edited by StrikerEZ

Gosh, no. At this point I'm pretty much totally sure that 2 out of Elandera, Striker, and Lemon is an elim. The only issue is that that means somebody out of them [accidentally didn't finish this sentence earlier]

Whoever it is that's actually village in the above 3, 

Gonna note that I knifed Kynedath (because I forgot to change it to one of the above three).

BTW @BrightnessRadiant you seem to have marked me dead instead of butt in the player list.

Edit:

@Lemonelon just to clarify, BR didn't say that they took no action, right? 

@Elkanah what action did you take last cycle, and can anyone confirm it?

Elkanah cause I can't just ignore a knife claim. I am prepared to change this depending on their response though.

Edited by Kidpen
Posted too soon. Read some stuff I had missed

Sorry for my inactivity, it's been a stressful couple days. 

I can confirm I was roleblocked. I tried stealing from Elandera and was foiled by a knife. I had already sent that action when I posted and decided not to change it. I realize I've tunneled pretty hard on Elandera, but I really don't know who else to go for. It's possible Lemon role blocked me instead of submitting a kill if there were only three elims to begin with.

On 12/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, Elandera said:

I doubt it was for lack of submission, as elims would have won had the kill gone through. 

That is only accurate if the game started with four traitors. In that case, if they killed someone, they go up 3-2. If they started with three traitors and they killed someone last cycle, they would still be down 2-3. Granted lynching me either way wasn't going to be that hard, but it was possible that whatever other two you left alive would side with me. By roleblocking me, the eliminators would now have a patsy to lynch and an unfettered kill order. bringing them 2-2. Then they just tie the next lynch and submit the kill. They could tie the lynch perpetually until one of the two of them wasn't blocked.

I'm willing to believe the kill was blocked, but I wasn't the one who sent it. Did anyone else block someone?

Unless someone else comes forward with a roleblock on someone who might have made the kill, I'll vote Lemonelon as she has admitted to enacting the most likely other scenario given my innocence.

------------------------------------------------------------------ Edit: to not double post RP

Clark had been cornered. No where to go, no one to turn to. Even the doctor couldn't help him at this point. He dove for the door, but it it was blocked. He looked over the counter and he could see there were no sympathizing faces left. Only frustration at not having found any bona fide traitor yet. There was desparation and even anger in some eyes. Then he spotted it. His way out was clear.

Clark ran for the door to the lab. Everyone knew there was no way out. The lab was set up specifically so that there was one way in and the stairs led underground. That way anyone coming to stop the operation couldn't sneak in or out, but had to fight their way through. Seeing Clark was going for the doctor, gang members hustled to block the path to the lab. That was the chance Clark needed. He swung around and sprinted back for the door out into the market. He reached for the door handle, wrenched it open, and saw daylight as the hands from behind pulled him back in. The sunlight in the market was the last thing he saw. 

Edited by Elkanah