AonEne

12 minutes ago, kenod said:

I'm not sure, I think that with the Stranger's current plan there will probably be an element of guild politics, in the way that one member (or a small number) are trying to do something behind Voidus' back. But I think you can make a case for guild politics, given that IIRC there were multiple groups capable of using the alleys back then, so having DA splinter groups could make sense. It might even be the reason that loyalty spikes are used nowadays.

Ooh, these are all good points kenod! I like that loyalty spike idea especially.

19 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Ooh, these are all good points kenod! I like that loyalty spike idea especially.

I personally figure there would probably be three different factions around within the DA, the pro-city group, the anti-city group, and the neutrals.

The pro-city group would probably want to do it out of curiosity, or the ability to run new experiments on the population. I'd figure there's probably also a sub-group that's going on a power-trip and wants to rule the place, and the defeat of the latter group would be the reason why the DA doesn't really have any people interested in taking over the place.

The anti-city faction would want to avoid the creation of the city because of the potential for things to get out of control, endangering the alleys or their experiments, something that could actually be reasonable if the non-DA factions have higher power-levels than current-era guilds, or if non-DA guilds also have access to the ability to use the alleys. In the later case this could also explain as to why current-day guilds don't have this ability anymore, as a compromise for allowing the creation of the city this group instead worked together with the rest of the DA to block off the alleys.

The neutral faction would comprise of people who either aren't interested in the outside world, instead just focusing on running experiments deep in the alleys, or they would function as observers in the conflict, curious about how it will work out or what will happen, possibly documenting everything as some sort of experiment, or they'd be neutral on the whole issue and just happen to aid a specific side or person out of interest.

Everybody with a character idea can post them here, once we've got the characters we can start I think. I feel like we've more or less sorted the setting, the rest depends on the characters, because they will determine which additional parts of worlbuilding we need.

I suggest that we start at a point, where the knowledge of the impeding city has more or less spread, but maybe through rumors, with lots of false information as well.

I would like to submit my character!

Name: Titus Elm Nightshade-Ebony

Investiture: Mistborn, Amberite Aether, 6 hemalurgic spikes (hearing, smell x2, strength x2) making him an abomination (see Other:)

Skills: Skilled hand to hand, amatuer melee weapons

Physical:

Eyes: Black, small golden ring, near the outside, red pupil

Ears: Elongated, pointed, lightly fuzzed at the top

Hair: White, waist length, braided with onyx beads.

Teeth: Long canines, and pointed teeth.

Skin: Tan, with a hint of a seafoam green under his eyes, on his back, and on his forearms.

Build: 6'5", extremely muscular, wide shoulders

Clothing: Usually wears a black leather jacket, without any metal to speak of, a mistcloak that is partially connected to the jacket, a belt with an aluminum buckle stamped with crossed hemalurgic spikes, black dress pants, and a deep red collared shirt. No shoes.

Other: Claws on hands and feet. Two small ridges on the spine.

Equipment: Metal vials, obsidian daggers, glass shortsword, wooden club with obsidian spikes

Planet: Alleyplanet

Family:

Martha Ebony (Grandmother) - Mexican immigrant from Legion Earth, fell in love with a member of the Dark Alley and moved to the Alleyplanet

Thomas Ebony (Grandfather) - Denizen of the Dark Alley, originally Scadrian noble

Albus Ebony (Father) - Born on the Alleyplanet, tin misting, went to a school on Sel for two years, never joined a guild

Esmeralda Nightshade (Mother) - Bastard of a noble line in early Final Empire Scadrial, eventually became a Worldhopper, were she obtained an Amberite aether and discovered she was a Mistborn

Abigail Nightshade-Ebony (Older sister, deceased) - No powers, born on the Alleyplanet, she died at the age of twelve in the woods, when she got attacked by a Koloss

Max Nighshade-Ebony (Younger brother) - Bronze misting, born on the Alleyplanet, became a trapper of invested beings on the Alleyplanet after his sister died

Weaknesses: Egotistical, instinctual, can be controlled by a strong rioter or soother. Afraid of heat, Koloss, and cremlings. A crinkle of his nose when he lies. A blind spot when it comes to women, as he feels it is his duty to protect them. Taps his fingers aggressively when he is angry, or before he attacks. Missing two fingers on his left hand. Has a strong allergic reaction to honey.

Backstory: Born into the Ivory Tribe, a wandering group who roamed the forests of the Alleyplanets, he was with them when they decided to settle down, when he was nine. This was because of the murder of his sister. Thomas, his grandfather, and Lex, another elder, supported this decision, as it made their jobs in the Dark Alley easier. They created Fort Ivory, and Titus grew up there. He got attacked by wolves when he was ten, and snapped in the delirious fever afterward. Discovering this, he began to wander further and further. At thirteen, the day he was gifted his Amberite aether, when he became a man in his tribes eyes, he left the tribe, to join larger civilization. And, more importantly, the Dark Alley. Titus joined up, learning the ropes, and got his first spikes, a human smell spike. As he learned, creating creatures, he eventually signed up for an experiment, Project Wilde. They gave him his other spikes, and he transformed. Only one of the others survived, and Titus survived only because of pewter. He continued his life in the Dark Alley, but he now had an instinctual, wild side. He was territorial, he was more aggressive. And deep within him was the urge to become the Alpha. When he heard of the founding of a city, he decided to join, to start a noble house like his Grandfather, Thomas, had told him off. And he would be the Alpha. He would be powerful. And his legacy would endure forever.

We'll see if he's too OP, but I think the weaknesses should tip it back into balance.

21 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Weaknesses: Egotistical, instinctual, can be controlled by a strong rioter or soother. Afraid of heat, Koloss, and cremlings. A crinkle of his nose when he lies. A blind spot when it comes to women, as he feels it is his duty to protect them. Taps his fingers aggressively when he is angry, or before he attacks. Missing two fingers on his left hand. Has a strong allergic reaction to honey.

I feel like these are here mostly just to try to allow an otherwise OP character, some of these are actually really nice traits for a character to have, it's nice to flesh out exactly what tics or physical clues they give out. But also not going to be worth a lot of points.

Don't have enough time right now to fully score them but I'd say even with the weaknesses this might end up on the OP list.

5 hours ago, kenod said:

So this is the origin of Hellbent's family?

It's actually the origin of two families, the other being Councilman Ark's. The plan is that his descendants split as some decide to move to Scadrial, and the rest stay and continue the family.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

I feel like these are here mostly just to try to allow an otherwise OP character, some of these are actually really nice traits for a character to have, it's nice to flesh out exactly what tics or physical clues they give out. But also not going to be worth a lot of points.

Don't have enough time right now to fully score them but I'd say even with the weaknesses this might end up on the OP list.

I also think points are subtracted the more hemalurgic spikes are added, if I'm correct.

And you're right, it is kinda a bunch of random stuff, because I needed weaknesses, but I did it in a way that will make the character more realistic and rounded, and more fun to play.

8 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

It's actually the origin of two families, the other being Councilman Ark's. The plan is that his descendants split as some decide to move to Scadrial, and the rest stay and continue the family.

I also think points are subtracted the more hemalurgic spikes are added, if I'm correct.

And you're right, it is kinda a bunch of random stuff, because I needed weaknesses, but I did it in a way that will make the character more realistic and rounded, and more fun to play.

That's true but the spikes are also synergistic with allomantic tin and pewter, though not as much as they are with feruchemy.
I think this comes out at just over 300 from a quick count

Total should be:
Mistborn - 160
Amberite - 45
Spikes - 120 (20 apiece)
Synergy - Spikes + Mistborn = 50

Skills - 50 (30 H2H, 20 melee)

Weaknesses - -40 (Misc), -75 (spikes)

Total: 375 (M) + 50 (S) -115 (W) = 310

But a problem is how oriented this is to magical abilities, assuming that we were attempting to keep the existing ration of magic:skills with the 300 point limit there should only be 200 points of magic, even with the weaknesses offsetting them there's currently 260.

I'd probably suggest changing the weaknesses up a bit, swap out the allergy, missing fingers and fears for a single really impactful weakness. Try working in the other direction, come up with a weakness based on the character and their history and then blow it out of proportion to counter their strengths, rather than trying to come up with enough individual weaknesses to offset the points.

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

That's true but the spikes are also synergistic with allomantic tin and pewter, though not as much as they are with feruchemy.
I think this comes out at just over 300 from a quick count

Total should be:
Mistborn - 160
Amberite - 45
Spikes - 120 (20 apiece)
Synergy - Spikes + Mistborn = 50

Skills - 50 (30 H2H, 20 melee)

Weaknesses - -40 (Misc), -75 (spikes)

Total: 375 (M) + 50 (S) -115 (W) = 310

But a problem is how oriented this is to magical abilities, assuming that we were attempting to keep the existing ration of magic:skills with the 300 point limit there should only be 200 points of magic, even with the weaknesses offsetting them there's currently 260.

I'd probably suggest changing the weaknesses up a bit, swap out the allergy, missing fingers and fears for a single really impactful weakness. Try working in the other direction, come up with a weakness based on the character and their history and then blow it out of proportion to counter their strengths, rather than trying to come up with enough individual weaknesses to offset the points.

So, I was assuming it would be 250 to magic. It doesn't really make sense to up skill, as, in theory, the skill level of these people would be the same. I personally think that's how it should be.

I really like those weaknesses, but i could also add a big weakness on top. I'm keeping those though, I like them.

Just now, Ark1002 said:

So, I was assuming it would be 250 to magic. It doesn't really make sense to up skill, as, in theory, the skill level of these people would be the same. I personally think that's how it should be.

I have to disagree here. We decided on a 1/3 skills only // 2/3 possible Investiture for a reason and it was nowhere mentioned in this thread, that we're changing the ratio for the prequel. So I think, that we should keep it.

Additionally I don't really understand, why the skill level of these people should be the same than in Era 4. The points are only an ooc tool for us to rate a character, and how skilled a character is, is influenced by them. So if we allow stronger/ more skilled people, then of course the level for the non-investiture skills has to be higher as well, or the whole thing is pointless. An example. You could easily play a character who is an expert with nearly every weapon, which you can't in Era 4.

Just now, Sorana said:

I have to disagree here. We decided on a 1/3 skills only // 2/3 possible Investiture for a reason and it was nowhere mentioned in this thread, that we're changing the ratio for the prequel. So I think, that we should keep it.

Additionally I don't really understand, why the skill level of these people should be the same than in Era 4. The points are only an ooc tool for us to rate a character, and how skilled a character is, is influenced by them. So if we allow stronger/ more skilled people, then of course the level for the non-investiture skills has to be higher as well, or the whole thing is pointless. An example. You could easily play a character who is an expert with nearly every weapon, which you can't in Era 4.

What I mean is: Skills become less reasonable the more you get. A  character with expertise in all weapons is incredibly unlikely.

50 points is a reasonable amount of skills for an average person. 100 gets more unlikely. Someone with magic isn't likely to train that much. So they wouldn't get to the extremely skilled level.

In addition (correct me if I misunderstand what you're saying) the amount devoted to investiture doesn't affect the possibility of a character who is expert in all weapons, as its still fluid.

More magic would by no means increase the overall amount of skill, if anything it would actually decrease it.

25 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

50 points is a reasonable amount of skills for an average person. 100 gets more unlikely. Someone with magic isn't likely to train that much. So they wouldn't get to the extremely skilled level.

Sorry Ark, but I disagree. Yes the weapons were an extreme example, so let's make a more logical one.

Let's say a hazekiller, without any investiture. Expert with swords, expert scholarship (investiture) is over 100 points, without anything else. And then that guy maybe trained as an assassin to make it more likely to kill an invested person and suddenly we have something over 150 points in skills, that are completely reasonable. If you then picture that guy as someone who knows how to deal with basic wounds, and who maybe has a special gun as a weapon and is additionally rather intelligent, then we are close to 300 points with a logical character concept, without a single point in a magical skill at all.

So in short: The points in skill don't say how skilled a character can be, they are only an ooc tool. If we allow for stronger characters, then yes, these characters can have more skills that aren't based on Investiture. Honestly to me it's more the other way round. If we aren't talking about Elantrians or Fullborn, then it is difficult to have a logical character concept that uses all these points up completely. (Hemalurgy is a way, but apart from that?)

We agreed in this thread to double the points and yes, that meant that we double the 100 for skills or Investiture and we double the 50 to be used for Skills only.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sorry Ark, but I disagree. Yes the weapons were an extreme example, so let's make a more logical one.

Let's say a hazekiller, without any investiture. Expert with swords, expert scholarship (investiture) is over 100 points, without anything else. And then that guy maybe trained as an assassin to make it more likely to kill an invested person and suddenly we have something over 150 points in skills, that are completely reasonable. If you then picture that guy as someone who knows how to deal with basic wounds, and who maybe has a special gun as a weapon and is additionally rather intelligent, then we are close to 300 points with a logical character concept, without a single point in a magical skill at all.

So in short: The points in skill don't say how skilled a character can be, they are only an ooc tool. If we allow for stronger characters, then yes, these characters can have more skills that aren't based on Investiture. Honestly to me it's more the other way round. If we aren't talking about Elantrians or Fullborn, then it is difficult to have a logical character concept that uses all these points up completely. (Hemalurgy is a way, but apart from that?)

We agreed in this thread to double the points and yes, that meant that we double the 100 for skills or Investiture and we double the 50 to be used for Skills only.

In advance: forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be getting angry. So I'd like to just say that I don't want that to happen and please calm down.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I even get where you're coming from.

I also get that we agreed to double the points. The thing with that is: I disagree with how we've changed the points, and I think it should be changed. I understand what you mean, but I don't think, IC, it's rational. It doesn't make sense from a worldly perspective.

Maybe we should ask all the other people? I don't know, I just don't think this argument is going to go anywhere.

I have no idea where in that post you got the impression that Sorana was angry :P I’ve only ever seen her get mildly irritated, to my knowledge. She’s Sorana. 

I also agree with her way of dividing the points completely, because it makes much more sense to me than the way you’re suggesting, Ark. 

CS to come soon ^_^ 

While we do try to make decisions democratically for the most part when it comes to things that relate to characters, in this case we've already opened the forum up for people to discuss. If more people were suggesting an alternative option then we might open a poll or something but at the moment there don't seem to be much in the way of issues that people are taking with it.

So for anyone reading, at the moment we'll be operating under the assumption that all points are doubled, skill allocation and magic allocation, leading to a 300 point total. If anyone wants to reopen the discussion on the points for this plot then let us know, otherwise I think we should move forward with other planning.

I'd like to submit a character for approval, please. 

Spoiler

Name: Rathar Alderbon (He demands to be addressed as "High King Alderbon)

Physical Appearance: Alderbon cuts an imposing figure; he stands well over 6 feet tall, and is well muscled, though rather slim. His face is firm and imperious, and his light violet eyes are piercing. His hair is black and long, reaching nearly to his shoulders. He wears a crown of dark, spiky metal, a finely cut black military uniform, and a dark red cloak. 

Investiture: He is a Skybreaker of the 5th ideal, and is very skilled in what he does. His Oaths are as follows:

- Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

- I will hold the law above all else.

- I will devote myself to the laws of the highest power.

- I will reclaim the leadership of my people.

- I am the Law. 

Spren: His spren is named Daimen. He had bonded a Knight Radiant soon before the Recreance, who fell in the fighting. Daimen was unbalanced by the loss, but continued to live, and eventually bonded Rathar under Nale's guidance. Daimen now thirsts for blood and power, and pushes Rathar to great acts of violence and cruelty. 

Skills: Alderbon is very talented with using his Investiture, and is an expert in fighting with plate and blade. He can be very stealthy when he needs to be, and has naturally keen senses. He also has a knack for telling truth from lies. He actually never lies himself; everything that he says he believes to be true.

Age: 32 years (although it's worth noting that he's spent time on two different worlds with different calendars, so that number may be inaccurate).

Personality: Alderbon is haughty, demanding, and cruel. He believes himself to be the one rightful ruler of the Alleyverse, and indeed the entire Cosmere. He's also very charismatic, though, and is a naturally compelling leader. 

Weaknesses: He is, if not insane, at least very unstable. He genuinely believes himself to be the rightful king of the universe, and is quick to punish those who disobey him. He believes that his word is law and has a violent temper. His greatest fear, of which he is only subconsciously aware, is of people removing his authority. This manifests most obviously in his paranoia, which is quite strong.

Backstory: *

Rathar was born in the Alleyverse, in a small settlement in the mountains. His mother seized control of the village, and soon merged it with those surrounding it, creating what nearly amounted to a small kingdom by the time he was 7. His father was from Roshar, and one day the two travelled back, where Rathar's father guided him to the order of the Skybreakers, where he was taken in by Name. Rathar proved himself to be precocious, and soon became Nale's favored apprentice.

Eventually, though, Rathar's instability began to manifest itself and Nale, alarmed by the man's defiance, sent him back to the Alleyverse to settle a dispute between several warring clans. Rathar declared himself to be the leader of both, however, and soon formed a group of loyal followers. He then returned with them to his mother's kingdom and demanded that she turn over the throne to him. When she refused, he killed her and swore his final oath. 

With a (small) land united under him, Rathar declared himself to be the rightful ruler of the Cosmere, and dedicated himself to the pursuit of this goal, beginning with the Alleyverse.

Followers: Although he technically has many followers among his people, there's only a handful whom he actually trusts. There most important are listed here. [I don't know how many points these add - they're not all blindly loyal, so I don't think it would just add their point values onto him, but I may be mistaken. I can always remove some or all of them.]

San Raed: She is the most trusted of Alderbon's followers, and the only other one with Investiture: she's a Copper Ferring. For one who believes in Rathar Alderbon, she has a surprisingly high sense of morality. Nevertheless, she upholds Rathar's claim to the throne, and usually handles the more practical concerns of his life, such as actually running the company. She is often urging Alderbon towards moderation and sanity. 

Mita Hiatel: She is usually around to provide extra muscle, and her advice frequently acts as a counter to San Raed's. She delights in violence, and also plays the viola in her spare time.

Panteros Dondal: Dondal frequents the underworld, and is excellent at procuring difficult to find supplies and information. He is generally optimistic, and he's motivated by money and power, which he believes that Alderbon can provide. 

*I am aware that this backstory likely contradicts established Alleyverse lore; unfortunately, I don't know the lore that this would be. If someone more well-versed in these matters would point out the flaws to me, I would be quite grateful and would subsequently change the story. 

So, with the followers this is probably over the point limit, but I thought I'd submit it to get a sense for how everything's rated and what I need to change. Sorry for the trouble. Thank you!

4 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I am currently musing on an idea for a pair of identical Zinc compounder twins. Could they share metalminds? I'm just imagining them both swapping and filling rings or bracers or whatever, thinking so fast that they can literally finish one anothers' sentences and being a general riot (haha).

That sounds like a cool concept. I wouldn't mind them sharing their metalminds, although idk if it's possible.

Writing a zinc ferring is great so, I think you should do it!

On 16/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, ZincAboutIt said:

I am currently musing on an idea for a pair of identical Zinc compounder twins. Could they share metalminds? I'm just imagining them both swapping and filling rings or bracers or whatever, thinking so fast that they can literally finish one anothers' sentences and being a general riot (haha).

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/98/#e874

Lucadaw

So identical twins could share metalminds ?

Brandon Sanderson

:) RAFO.

Not explicitly contradicted yet and Brandon has confirmed elsewhere that Identical twins are likely to share the same ability for the metallic art (As are fraternal twins, but identical even more so)
I think it's safely within the pseudo-canonical realm that we operate in.

On 15.11.2019 at 2:36 AM, Rushu42 said:

I'd like to submit a character for approval, please. 

Here's your rating. The character is approved.

Spoiler
Investiture: He is a Skybreaker of the 5th ideal, (200) and is very skilled in what he does. His Oaths are as follows: (-35)

- I am the Law. 

Skills: Alderbon is very talented with using his Investiture, and is an expert in fighting with plate and blade (75). He can be very stealthy when he needs to be, and has naturally keen senses. (Expert stealth 30) He also has a knack for telling truth from lies. (15) He actually never lies himself; everything that he says he believes to be true.

Weaknesses: He is, if not insane, at least very unstable. He genuinely believes himself to be the rightful king of the universe, and is quick to punish those who disobey him. (-15)  He believes that his word is law and has a violent temper. (-10) His greatest fear, of which he is only subconsciously aware, is of people removing his authority. This manifests most obviously in his paranoia, which is quite strong. (-15)

Followers: Although he technically has many followers among his people, there's only a handful whom he actually trusts. There most important are listed here. [I don't know how many points these add - they're not all blindly loyal, so I don't think it would just add their point values onto him, but I may be mistaken. I can always remove some or all of them.]

San Raed: She is the most trusted of Alderbon's followers, and the only other one with Investiture: she's a Copper Ferring. For one who believes in Rathar Alderbon, she has a surprisingly high sense of morality. Nevertheless, she upholds Rathar's claim to the throne, and usually handles the more practical concerns of his life, such as actually running the company. She is often urging Alderbon towards moderation and sanity. 

Mita Hiatel: She is usually around to provide extra muscle, and her advice frequently acts as a counter to San Raed's. She delights in violence, and also plays the viola in her spare time.

Panteros Dondal: Dondal frequents the underworld, and is excellent at procuring difficult to find supplies and information. He is generally optimistic, and he's motivated by money and power, which he believes that Alderbon can provide. 

========

Skills: 105
Investiture: 215

Weaknesses: -75

Total: 250

Character is approved. (depends a little on your replies to my questions below)

A few questions on my part:

-I assume that his naturally keen sense don't reach tin level?

- If he speaks the truth, does he make sure that the other person understands his words in the way he meant them, or does he mislead with the truth as well?

Regarding his followers: how do you plan to interact with them during the role play? Will they simply be NPCs that you control, or will you also use them to support him e.g. during a battle against another RPer? Depending on that I might add points for them or not.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Here's your rating. The character is approved.

Reveal hidden contents
Investiture: He is a Skybreaker of the 5th ideal, (200) and is very skilled in what he does. His Oaths are as follows: (-35)

- I am the Law. 

Skills: Alderbon is very talented with using his Investiture, and is an expert in fighting with plate and blade (75). He can be very stealthy when he needs to be, and has naturally keen senses. (Expert stealth 30) He also has a knack for telling truth from lies. (15) He actually never lies himself; everything that he says he believes to be true.

Weaknesses: He is, if not insane, at least very unstable. He genuinely believes himself to be the rightful king of the universe, and is quick to punish those who disobey him. (-15)  He believes that his word is law and has a violent temper. (-10) His greatest fear, of which he is only subconsciously aware, is of people removing his authority. This manifests most obviously in his paranoia, which is quite strong. (-15)

========

Skills: 105
Investiture: 215

Weaknesses: -75

Total: 250

Character is approved. (depends a little on your replies to my questions below)

A few questions on my part:

-I assume that his naturally keen sense don't reach tin level?

- If he speaks the truth, does he make sure that the other person understands his words in the way he meant them, or does he mislead with the truth as well?

Regarding his followers: how do you plan to interact with them during the role play? Will they simply be NPCs that you control, or will you also use them to support him e.g. during a battle against another RPer? Depending on that I might add points for them or not.

His keen senses do not reach Tin, no.

He can be confusing, but he doesn't really try to lie to people; he's just frequently mistaken due to his unique perspective. He sees himself as the hero of the story, so he's unlikely to deliberately deceive.

I think they're mostly just NPCs. Theoretically, they could join in a fight, but most of the time the character will insist on doing these things alone.

Thank you.

Edited by Rushu42

New Titus

Spoiler

Name: Titus Elm Nightshade-Ebony

Investiture: Iron misting, brass ferring, Amberite Aether, 6 hemalurgic spikes (hearing, smell x2, strength x2) making him an abomination (see Other:)

Skills: Skilled hand to hand, amatuer melee weapons

Physical:

Eyes: Black, small golden ring, near the outside, red pupil

Ears: Elongated, pointed, lightly fuzzed at the top

Hair: White, waist length, braided with onyx beads.

Teeth: Long canines, and pointed teeth.

Skin: Tan, with a hint of a seafoam green under his eyes, on his back, and on his forearms.

Build: 6'5", extremely muscular, wide shoulders

Clothing: Usually wears a black leather jacket, without any metal to speak of, a mistcloak that is partially connected to the jacket, a belt with an aluminum buckle stamped with crossed hemalurgic spikes, black dress pants, and a deep red collared shirt. No shoes.

Other: Claws on hands and feet. Two small ridges on the spine.

Equipment: Metal vials, obsidian daggers, glass shortsword, wooden club with obsidian spikes

Planet: Alleyplanet

Family:

Martha Ebony (Grandmother) - Mexican immigrant from Legion Earth, fell in love with a member of the Dark Alley and moved to the Alleyplanet

Thomas Ebony (Grandfather) - Denizen of the Dark Alley, originally Scadrian noble

Albus Ebony (Father) - Born on the Alleyplanet, tin misting, went to a school on Sel for two years, never joined a guild

Esmeralda Nightshade (Mother) - Bastard of a noble line in early Final Empire Scadrial, eventually became a Worldhopper, were she obtained an Amberite aether and discovered she was a Mistborn

Abigail Nightshade-Ebony (Older sister, deceased) - No powers, born on the Alleyplanet, she died at the age of twelve in the woods, when she got attacked by a Koloss

Max Nighshade-Ebony (Younger brother) - Bronze misting, born on the Alleyplanet, became a trapper of invested beings on the Alleyplanet after his sister died

Alignment: Chaotic Nuetral

Personality: Animal, wild, doesn't feel as strong compassion as most, feels a strong attraction towards the wild, untamed, chaotic, both with himself, with the world, and with women and men. Likes violent, predatory creatures and people. Is generally a badchull.

Backstory: Born into the Ivory Tribe, a wandering group who roamed the forests of the Alleyplanets, he was with them when they decided to settle down, when he was nine. This was because of the murder of his sister. Thomas, his grandfather, and Lex, another elder, supported this decision, as it made their jobs in the Dark Alley easier. They created Fort Ivory, and Titus grew up there. He got attacked by wolves when he was ten, and snapped in the delirious fever afterward. Discovering this, he began to wander further and further. At thirteen, the day he was gifted his Amberite aether, when he became a man in his tribes eyes, he left the tribe, to join larger civilization. And, more importantly, the Dark Alley. Titus joined up, learning the ropes, and got his first spikes, a human smell spike. As he learned, creating creatures, he eventually signed up for an experiment, Project Wilde. They gave him his other spikes, and he transformed. Only one of the others survived, and Titus survived only because of pewter. He continued his life in the Dark Alley, but he now had an instinctual, wild side. He was territorial, he was more aggressive. And deep within him was the urge to become the Alpha. When he heard of the founding of a city, he decided to join, to start a noble house like his Grandfather, Thomas, had told him off. And he would be the Alpha. He would be powerful. And his legacy would endure forever.

My character as as follows.

Spoiler

Name: Rustburn (Katherine)

Physical Appearance: She is a 6'3 tan athletic woman with long shocking red hair. Her eyes are hazel, and her face is narrow, with a light scar down the right side of the head.

Investiture: She is an epic with the ability to create, manipulate, and intensify fire. She can manipulate up to a square mile of fire, create up to one hundred square feet, and make it ten times stronger. She can not intensify, or expand, fire that she created. Her fire is an average heat for natural fire. In addition, she can instantaneously rust any metal within one hundred feet. Unless she can see the meta she targets a basic area and all the metal in that area rusts. She can have this rust take shapes that she wishes. Investiture does not stop this, only slow it down. A steel inquisitors spike would slow it to take about ten seconds. In addition, whenever something touches her that would harm her instantly turns to rust and breaks away, except for living flesh. Living flesh is slightly repelled so that it does not hit with momentum, and burns the flesh, turning the skin to rust. A specific trick she uses with her powers is to create a blade out of rust from the metal drifting in the air, and then ignite it.

Skills: She is an expert with her ability, and with swordplay, as well as hand to hand combat.

Weaknesses: Epic Weakness; Not having friends. As in, as far as she can tell, nobody cares about her. Other weaknesses; She has a very hard time trusting people, and utterly hates the taste of pineapple.

Personality: She is probably the nicest evil epic in history, as for her, being nice is selfish. She will be kind to people she cares about and torture those she doesn't to death. She will speak of the fleeting quality of life, and is constantly planning to turn the fledgling Alleyverse into her empire, a massive cult of personality dedicated to her.

Equipment: She wears a black leather jacket, and loosely fitting shirt, with leather pants. She has a short sword holstered under the jacket.

Backstory: To be revealed, through RP. If she doesn't kill you first.