Writing Prompts (and responses)

So this game is pretty simple. The first person (me) provides the first writing prompt. Whoever is next responds to the prompt and then provides the next one. There is no minimum length, but at least a paragraph would be nice :), and there definitely isn’t a maximum.

If multiple people respond at once, then you can just pick a prompt to respond to. You also don’t have to have a prompt of your own. If you do not want to add a prompt, simply write “I Defer” in bold and someone else can write a prompt.

In regards to formatting, please bold your writing prompt, so that people can easily see the prompts.

With all that out of the way, here’s prompt number 1:

You just got fired from your job. Unfortunately for your former boss, you are actually a super villain, who’s about to do what ever it takes to get revenge.

59 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

You just got fired from your job. Unfortunately for your former boss, you are actually a super villain, who’s about to do what ever it takes to get revenge.

I stalked out the door, my cape flaring out dramatically behind me. The yelling of my incompetent boss chased after me.

”We just cannot tolerate experimentation on fellow coworkers!” the useless excuse for a human being cried. It wasn’t his fault that the sales department had developed an intense craving of brains and goat cheese. They were just too weak minded to properly tolerate my enhancements. Had they had strong enough wills, they would have been able to shoot powerful laser beams directly out of their ears! Instead, they now wandered the halls, attacking any who got too close. Just last week, Brenda had made the foolish mistake of bringing a goat cheese sandwich for lunch. Who even ate those, anyways? She hadn’t lasted long. What a miserable bunch. 

“And the harassment of our potential clients drove away all of our customers!” my former employer continued on. I had had good excuse for giving those irritating clowns bright red noses that exploded when exposed to UV light. It had been thematically appropriate and had prevented such monstrosities from ever again seeing the light of day. Sure, it had cost the company quite a bit of money and paperwork, and sure, avoiding those arrest warrants had been difficult, but seeing the looks on their faces as they had been blown to bits had been so worth it. Even if no one had contacted the company for several months following the incident. After all, they had refused to give me more than one of those fancy mints they had in a bowl on the reception desk!

”And don’t even get me started on the time you got in into your head to redecorate the place!” I stumbled a little at that one, nearly turning back to give him a piece of my mind. That had been a drastic improvement over the drab, dreary surroundings I had been forced to work in for days on end. The spikes, flamethrowers, pits of lava, pits of poison, pits of angry beavers, pits of boiling iced tea, pits of pits, live baby crocodiles, piles of nail clippings, stacks of stories that ended on cliffhangers, bottles of children’s tears, paper-cut machines, creepy and lifelike dolls, knives dangling from the ceiling by fraying threads, cans of hairspray from the 80s, single unpaired socks, chalkboards constantly being scratched on by frenzied chipmunks, assorted animal droppings, broken records, and screaming bats had really brightened up the place.

“And not to mention the time you drank all of the milk directly from the carton then put it back in the fridge, completely empty!” The man’s voice had risen in pitch quite a bit by the end of that statement. I giggled for a moment, then stopped. Alright, that one had been pretty cruel.

As I slammed the door behind me for the final time, a sinister, clever, and all around magnificent idea began to take shape in my mind. I started laughing my most evil laugh, one that was wicked enough to strike fear into the hearts of the bravest warriors.

”HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!”

I would seek revenge on my boss, and I would get it. For I had an evil plan to rival all evil plans. A plan so planny that all other lesser villains would tremble to look upon it. A plan that would make Moash positively wet himself. A plan that would shake the foundations of the very idea of what it was to be a super villain. 

I would force him to watch a movie with me. And I would talk very loudly and distractingly about spoilers for that very movie the entire time!

You are trying to find a parking spot, but someone steals the one you were about to pull into even though they knew that you were going for it.

Did I do it correctly?

Edited by Lunamor

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

You are trying to find a parking spot, but someone steals the one you were about to pull into even though they knew that you were going for it.

Did I do it correctly?

Yup!

As I drove into the local Megamart, I saw something that shocked me. There wasn’t a single parking space unavailable. That’s right, there was not a single customer in the whole of parking lot in front of the store. I know what you might be thinking, surely I must be joking. This is Megamart after all. Only the most popular store in the whole of the United States of Americium. I thought it was a joke too.

I opened my phone, checking to see if there was some kind of holiday, or apocalypse I hadn’t heard about. Nope, nothing. The lights were on in the store, and besides the parking lot everything seemed normal. Even as I thought this, a blue SUV was pulling into parking lot as well. It was the same make as mine, down to the year and color. It too paused, just as mine was. We looked across the parking lot at each other, not actually able to make eye contact because of the distance, dating each other to make the first move. A tumbleweed rolled across the lot, its rustling the only sound. Eventually the SUV crawled forward, and even as they did so, I mirrored them, following them exactly. Even as I did so, I was trying to figure out their motives. There was no else here, so why them. I knew why I was here. I needed cat food. I’d run out yesterday, and if I didn’t return with it today, I’d be sleeping on the porch.

I’d had enough of slowly driving forward. I gunned the engine, and sped up. I ignored the other car, even though somehow I knew it would be doing the same. I was approaching the end of the parking lot. I picked my parking spot, and started to turn, I looked back to the spot only to see something terrifying. 

The SUV was in the spot that I had chosen, but it wasn’t that sent chills up my spine. My guy lurched as though I was being ripped to pieces. I felt my lunch rise and then settle, as the feeling faded. I’d had enough. I put the petal to the floor, and as my car accelerated, I did my best not to look behind me. I couldn’t see it, I refused to. The rearview mirror seemed to call my eyes, and I felt them drawn there of their own accord. I fought against it, resisted it. Eventually though I couldn’t resist it. The pull became to strong, and my eyes slowly fell to the mirror. 

That was when I crashed into the concrete barrier the separating the different parking lots. My head smashed against the steering wheel, and as I lay there, I felt blood begin to drip down my forehead. Eventually I got up, forcing myself out of the car to inspect the damage. As I got out, I couldn’t help but look behind me. The parking lot was empty again. No trace of that cursed SUV.  I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the police.

I’m supposed to write this report to explain the reason of the crash. I guess that’s how I get the insurance payout or whatever. The reason I can’t go back to Megamart, the reason that I can’t see that SUV again, is this.

When I looked into the rearview mirror of that other car, the face I saw was my own.

—Case 126 “The Police Report”

I Defer :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Fourteen years ago, you were snatched from your family to fulfill a prophecy in a distant land. Now the prophecy has been completed, and you are being returned. What do you do?

I walk down the central path of a place that I had forgotten so long ago. My blade which has slain legions of darkness hangs limp at my side. I pull it off as I approach the town's central well and cast this accursed sword into the depths. A crown that was given by the grateful monarchs of this world is a weight unlike any other. The first hovel that I encounter is a dilapidated shack that belongs to a widow created by the hellish conflict that I fought. With tears in my eyes I approach the doorway.

A figure whose heart I broke long ago stares at me with dead eyes. I grab the crown that glows with mystical jewels and hold it out to her. She approaches me rage filling her haggard form. She slaps it from my hand and pulls a dagger from her rags. "Do you think that this can make up for what you took from me? Unless you can bring him back you are better off dead." She tosses the knife at my armored chest and with a clang it falls at my feet. "That is what I think of your honor. If you could not save your brother by marriage why bother saving anyone at all?"

I hang my head in shame as my sister tears open old sounds that fester with rot. I remember my oath to protect the father of my unborn niece. I recall how in an instant a horrifying curse obliterated him while I watched. She never knew her father who alone among the armies of the world rode to my aid. She will never know the man who at the darkest hours wove tales of hope that kept me fighting. I turn to leave this place and go where no one knows me.

A hand on my shoulder freezes me in a way no spell ever could. "Tell me that he died bravely protecting the realm. I understand why you took him from me. Don't go now and leave us alone please come back to us."

I turn to see the one who never knew her father with tears pouring down my face. "Why don't you hate me? I killed him. I was chosen to take the fate of humanity into my hands. I played god. HATE ME! SPIT AT ME! CURSE MY NAME! DON'T FORGIVE ME!" The armor that protected me from so many enemies cursed me. It forced me to survive and return here.

"You gave me as much as you took away. You gave the world a hope for a better future. If l hated you for that I would be no better than the monsters that you destroyed. Tell me that he died a bravely."

"I was a coward and he died a hero. Let me go. There is no prophetic hero here just one who has lost too much and caused others to suffer."

"No. The hero is not the victor. The hero is the man who despite loss emerges changed for the better. Come join us uncle and be the hero that you deny being." She smiles and in her eyes her father shines forth.

I take a breath and kick eyes with my sister. I strip off my armor and leave it in a heap. I step into the house with my niece by my side and close the door on my past as I enter my future.

A mage shows you your future as the leader of the greatest minstrel troupe in history. However, to achieve this you must turn your back on your true passion underwater basket weaving. What do you do? 

Edited by Nathrangking

No, that can't be right, I think to myself. I am not destined for greatness.

"Oh great and wise mage, are you certain this is my future" I ask the mage. 

"Certainly," the mage said, matter-of-fact-ly. "The ability I have to read the future is given to me by the greatest wizard of all time, the Great Hangrot. You should trust this vision"

As he finished speaking, the unknown mage flapped his cloak, and disappeared, the remainders of his black cloak floating to the ground.

As I begin the treacherous walk down the mountain path, I question the accuracy of the mage. "Surely, no one can see the future" I mutter under my breath. "I am in charge of my own choices, and therefore my own destiny."  

Hours later, I arrive back at my village. There is smoke coming from my part of town. I let curiosity get the better of me, and hurriedly, I go to see what is on fire. As I get closer, to the fire, my apprehension begins to grow. I turn the last corner, and see that it is my underwater basketweaving shop that is on fire. After asking around, I learn that my neighbor was attempting to light a fire for his evening meal, when his fireplace unexpectedly collapsed, releasing a cloud of smoke concealing a flurry of sparks. Some of those sparks seem to have landed on my pile of twigs, and reeds, used for basketweaving. Now my home and shop was burnt down. 

Among the devestation, I hear the distant sounds of the town main street. Music begins, and I realize that a Minstrel Troupe has come to town. 

I immediately decide that the unknown mage cannot tell the future. I decide to ignore the Minstrels. I square my shoulders, set my jaw, and begin plans for reparation of my business. No mage will make decisions for me. I am certain that the fireplace collapsing was the work of the mage, and not mere coincidence. 

You are an entity called Life. For millenia you have been spreading life chaotically to a new and unorganized universe. You have had no conciousness. A new entity, Sentience has spread fare enough to touch you, and granted you sentience. Not a moment later, you feel that you have now given Sentience life. As you and Sentience become aware, and alive, you Sentience realizes that there is great potential if you combine your efforts. What do you do next? *Note: This may be used to help me brainstorm ideas for a world I am attempting to build. It is also free game if anyone else wants to build a world off the same idea. 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

You are an entity called Life. For millennia you have been spreading life chaotically to a new and unorganized universe. You have had no consciousness. A new entity, Sentience has spread fare enough to touch you, and granted you sentience. Not a moment later, you feel that you have now given Sentience life. As you and Sentience become aware, and alive, you Sentience realizes that there is great potential if you combine your efforts. What do you do next? *Note: This may be used to help me brainstorm ideas for a world I am attempting to build. It is also free game if anyone else wants to build a world off the same idea. 

*sighs*

that's a bit... specific.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:53 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

You are an entity called Life. For millenia you have been spreading life chaotically to a new and unorganized universe. You have had no conciousness. A new entity, Sentience has spread fare enough to touch you, and granted you sentience. Not a moment later, you feel that you have now given Sentience life. As you and Sentience become aware, and alive, you Sentience realizes that there is great potential if you combine your efforts. What do you do next? *Note: This may be used to help me brainstorm ideas for a world I am attempting to build. It is also free game if anyone else wants to build a world off the same idea. 

Life whispered to Sentience of creation. They didn't communicate through words, as much as sensations, feeling, and impressions. It had known of creation for some time, though the very concept was time itself was new to Life. Sentience responded with a feeling of unison, of agreement. With the affirmation, Life let power flow from it, into an empty rock. It would start first, they had already agreed to it. Its power flowed into the planet, first small, then as time passed, growing larger. It was time for Sentience's turn. It did the same thing as Life did, allowing its power to flow into the life already on the planet. And so Sentience and Life became one, and whole, and became Beauty

You have invented a time machine! Unfortunately, you do have any control over where in time and space it goes. You decide to use it anyway. You approach the machine, but right before you enter, a rift in space opens up, and an older  haggard version of yourself walks out of an old beaten up version of the machine that standing in front of you. He pulls out a gun, fires several rounds into both machines, and then says, “We need to talk.”

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, Snipexe said:

You have invented a time machine! Unfortunately, you do have any control over where in time and space it goes. You decide to use it anyway. You approach the machine, but right before you enter, a rift in space opens up, and an older  haggard version of yourself walks out of an old beaten up version of the machine that standing in front of you. He pulls out a gun, fires several rounds into both machines, and then says, “We need to talk.”

Stupefied, you begin to mutter. "I... huh... What... You broke ..."

Older you interrupts yourself. "Quit your stammering. You know how to build the time machine again. I just needed to stop you from using this machine. What you do in this time machine will cause the destruction of the entire earth in 45 years time. I had to retrace my path and stop myself from doing everything I did in this time machine. You're my last stop." 

Still struggling for words, you respond "Ok. So you still want me to time travel, just... not now?" 

"Go back to the drawing board kid. You're so close to discovering how to control where your ship lands." He spoke with knowledge. "I've corrected my timeline. The last step was removing myself. But this interaction will allow you to start a completely new one. Be careful, but don't forget to enjoy yourself. You are destined to bring humanity into a new era of existence!"

"How is removing yourself from your timeline fixing it?" You ask, starting to find your words.

He chuckles "Too many questions kid" Let's just say that through some weird time travel situation that I accidentally created, I also made it so two of me were existing simultaneously. Not like now where you and me are in front of each other, but two of me. We each were able to have the same memories. If I lived something, so did he. But we were never in the same spot. We both knew what we had to do. We chose me to come back." 

With that, he takes the gun again, points it at his head and shoots himself. You brace for the gory scene, however, as he collapses onto his knees, instead of bleeding out, he begins dissolving. Within a moment, the smile from his face disappears, and you are left alone, with two time machines, shot up and destroyed. But you now have the resources to determine how it is that old-you was able to control to when he travels.

You have lived your whole life seeing the effects of ghosts and phantoms and your society is based on the idea that Ghosts exist. From the moment a person appears, they are sent to school to learn how to avoid ghosts. 

But you've always wondered what there is to fear about ghosts, as their actions have always seemed rather random, and unpredictable. So you set out to discover what ghosts are, and how intelligent they are. After years of research you make an incredible breakthrough. The beings you have been calling ghosts are not ghosts. They are people, prior to their death. When someone dies, their spirits appear in your realm, having no recollection of their prior life. Your entire civilization are ghosts of a dead past. What do you do with this knowledge?

You open a university where you teach the future leaders of the world everything that you have learned. In time every citizen clamors to learn that which you have taught to the elite. This leads to a new and greater age. These ghosts are integrated into society and the world becomes a much better and more inventive place.

A letter appears in your mailbox one day. In it a distant cousin who you don't know well tells you that they have discovered a cache of old books and papers written by an ancestor 2300 years before. They were hidden and only recently rediscovered. As a professor of ancient languages and culture they contacted you. You travel to them and discover that the papers contain spells that can make their speaker the ruler of an unending empire. There is a warning that should you do this you can never go back to what you were before. What do you do?

You stare down into your hand in bewilderment. The most recent letter from your 2nd cousin and best friend lies there. Stunned, you pull out your phone and call them. Two times the phone rings, then it picks up. "Hello?" You take a deep breath. "That letter you sent. It's a joke right? There's no way that can be real." A pause, then she replies. "What letter?" The line fills with static, and the floor begins to shake. The letter you were holding slips from your hand onto the floor, its words seeming to glow from the page. As you collapse to your knees, the sky turns red and you hear distant thunder. You drop your phone, shattering the screen as your front door falls out. Through the hole, you can see a massive vortex swirling in the sky. A paper blows across the street towards you, landing neatly in front of you. You glance between the two letters in shock, realizing they are the same. Then the ground explodes, and you black out.

The dust settles to the ground slowly, revealing the barren, desolate plains that are left. The sole survivor rests on a throne, a golden crown on her head, a paper in one hand, and a scepter in the other. A moment later, they gasp out their last breath and die, falling back into the chair. The gray planet, once green, spins on.

You wake up one morning and realize that you have the power to turn invisible, but once you do, you can't turn back.

You walk downstairs, invisible, and someone barrels around the corner, running into you. It's your wife. She looks around, eyes wide, and scrambles back, screaming. You try to calm her, but every word makes her panic even further. She grabs her phone and calls 911. You run, and she breaks down sobbing.

You're on the run. It's not a a very hard life. You steal with ease, invisible as you are. But no one knows you exist. After one more try with a homeless man, you stopped communicating. You also stopped using the internet after you saw your "missing person" posters. Eventually, you find your way to a cave in the wilderness, surrounded by perfect forest, with big fish and wild game, that never see you coming. You live there comfortably, for about a year. But you grow lonely, and seek to find your way back to civilization.

You find your wife. You speak to her, and this time, you don't run when she screams and cries. You cry with her, hold her, and she realizes its real, and she's not in any danger. But the government finds you, and takes you. Your wife, who can't see you, doesn't know if you're still there, doesn't know if you're still alive.

You find yourself in a government containment facility, in a box with a glass screen.

Alone.

The world will end tonight. A meteor the size of mars is rocketing towards it, and it will crack the planet into a thousand pieces of molten rock. What do you do with your last day?

"The world is ending- just look out your window," the TV says. Your little sister, Suzy, hops out of her chair and runs to the window. "A meteor will strike in 1 day exactly, 23 hours and minute now" continues the TV. Your father gets up as well, walking to the window. Looking up, he confirms the news. "Well. Guess that settles it, doesn't it?"

You hop out of the car and look up at the building. House #88372-AZ, its name a product of the original governing attempt. Your neighbors, and worst enemies. After they kidnapped your dog and sacrificed it to the sun, you kidnapped their dog and wrote a hate letter in blood on their wall. The feud had continued since, escalating from the petty dog murders to things like stealing cake of all things. Since civilization had fractured a few hundred years ago, governments had tried to reform, but instead all that happened was a renewal of news stations over the entire world.

Your family climbs out around you. As one, you turn to the door and pull out knives, all but your father. He instead takes out an ax and busts down the door.

An hour later, you emerge from the house with the things you need. Inside, 2 corpses lay dead, with 2 others kneeling over them. You dump the last of your gasoline into the car as everybody piles in. Driving off, you look at the fancy remote you found, labeled PUSH IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. You shrug. What could go wrong? We're all going to die anyway. You push it.

20 miles away, in the only remaining nuclear silo in the world, the roof opens. Smoke billows out, clouding around the tower. Slowly, then faster, a rocket emerges, shooting into sky towards the giant rock. 

Suzy points towards the window for the second time that final day, noticing the large rocket shooting through the sky. It slams into the meteor, which breaks into a million pieces that all, by pure random chance, fly away from Earth. Instead, they fly off towards the sun. On their way there, a certain large planet known as Mars gets in the way. The meteor fragments hit it, knocking it out of orbit. About 2 and a half years later, Mars on a direct intercept course for Earth.

You walk into the court, resigned to your fate. After that day where you saved the world, fractured countries made one last push for reformation. They succeeded, and with what tenuous control they had, began to rebuild the world. Starting with justice. Since you claimed to have saved the world, they started with you. They didn't get very far before Mars smacked right into to Earth and blew it into a thousand pieces of molten rock.

You live in a world where nobody talks, but not because they can't. Anything anybody says gets twisted and warped by a mysterious cult with magic powers until it becomes a twisted nightmare of reality. This has been happening for 2 years now.

• 5 months later...

My apologies in advance, this one's pretty dang long. It has a sort of Shadows of Silence vibe to it, and that being the case Viewer Discretion Advised. Nothing sexual or anything; just violent.

I never talk.

Neither does anybody, in this world. For two years now, conversations have been dangerous; even deadly. Ever since the Cult of the Mysterium walked into that city and performed their ritual...

But that's not today's story.

Today's story has to do with the person who broke the rules.

Seeing as how it's only been two years since the Incident, it's been kind of difficult to get people like small children to shut up when you need it to be quiet. Rules have been put in place, of course: You don't speak. You don't speak, and if you must, you speak in a whisper. You're less likely to draw the Phantoms' attention that way. If you can't whisper, then you speak as softly as you can. Avoid oral conversation at all costs, as even an idle chitchat can call the Phantoms. Keep your children indoors, and make sure they don't talk with anybody. If they do, punish them. Severely.

Talking to yourself is generally fine. Phantoms like having more than one target to torment; if you're alone, then they won't bother. Talking to someone else, though? That's an issue.

That's what this story is about.

His name was Jack, I think. That's what I read off the note I had to pass back a few weeks ago. He was a bit of flirt, to be completely honest. Nothing wrong with that, of course; not until the Cult of the Mysterium summoned the Phantoms, that is.

We were walking down the halls at school, silent as the moon. Sometimes you heard someone trip and yelp, and everyone would freeze, praying that the Phantoms didn't arrive; they rarely did. Long and loud conversations was how you caught their attention. Not a short, muffled yelp. Still, a yelp amongst such impenetrable silence could make anyone sweat.

It was then that Jack yelled across the hallway at Edith.

He probably did it reflexively; it happened to all of us, now and then. Laughing aloud at something we find funny. Telling our parents how our day had been at school. So as long as we shut up quick enough, we were fine.

That being the case, I have no idea why Jack continued his conversation.

"Edith!" He called. "Hey, Edith! Over here!"

You could see it in everyone's eyes; they wanted to shush him so badly, but they were worred about making it louder than it already was. People began diving into classrooms and under tables, their eyes terrified as Jack realized just how big of a mistake he had made.

"Eeeeeedith." A ghostly voice moaned. "Heeeere."

"No." I whispered despite myself.

The Phantom appeared. It was vaguely humanoid, and completely transparent. No eyes, though. They never had eyes. Never.

"Eeeeeedith." It moaned again.

Jack began to whimper. The faint scent of urine could tell you just how terrified this kid was.

"Heeeeere."

Edith-- a short, redheaded girl-- suddenly appeared before my very eyes. She appeared just between Jack and the Phantom, looking just as terrified as everyone else; probably more terrified, in fact.

I wish that would've been it. I feel that that could've been it. Phantoms rarely did anything more than what you had actually said. Unless you kept talking, they would vanish eventually, leaving everyone a good deal paler than they had been before.

Edith whimpered. "Please."

Big mistake.

I probably should've explained this earlier, but showing weakness to a Phantom is the worst mistake you could ever make. It gives it freedom to do whatever it wants. Don't ask me how it works; I can only tell you this from experience.

Firsthand experience of today.

The Phantom laughed crazily, and the screaming began. There wasn't any surviving a free-willed Phantom. You might as well say what you might before you go. The Phantom grew to ten times its size, and the walls began to close in. I threw myself into another hallway, so I didn't see what happened next. I heard screams; horrible, blood-curdling screams. After that, the walls became covered in red, dripping like the morning dew of a huge oak tree. I slipped in the blood, and saw something roll down the hallway. I don't know what it was, but it had red hair, and was coated in blood. People were running around like mad, trying to reach their friends before they died. Everywhere, people were screaming, their limbs being shorn from their bodies by some unseen phantasmal force.

It was horrible.

The walls were still closing in. People in the last hallway were being crushed to death. I tried to stop them; I tried to save myself. I broke my arm from the strain. It was going to crush me to death.

Then, suddenly, it stopped. I can't tell you what happened. I only know I was trapped between two walls. Hours later, someone finally got me out. I wrote all this down and told them what had happened. Or, rather, what I saw. I still don't know what happened.

I only know one thing.

Never free the Phantoms.

(Edit): Going back and re-reading this it can be a little confusing. My apologies.

A world where you need a license to do anything; go to school, eat food, cut your hair. EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by Channelknight Fadran
Disclaimer...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mom,

How are you doing? I’m doing ok. Things are pretty boring. Life these days seems to just be one giant DMV. Correction, it might actually be exactly that. Just last week I spent five hours waiting in line just to get my permit finally accepted. I mean, come on. There’s got to be a more efficient way of doing things. Do we really need a permit for everything? Sure, this ensures that nothing too out of place happens, and sure, the permits let you do basically anything, but it takes so long! We shouldn’t have to wait for forty eight hours to get a page turning permit! Plus, who spells the last name Bond as B-a-w-n-d? It’s really not that hard. That little mistake took three whole weeks to get fixed. Well anyways, now that I’ve at long last got my license to kill I can start working again, so that’s nice. I should actually start to catch up on that stuff so I don’t think that I have time to write anything else. Hope this letter reaches you soon, miss ya!

Love,

James

A small and very fluffy cat runs into your house and refuses to leave. You let it stay on account of how cute it is. However, there seems to be something rather strange about it.

Edited by Lunamor