Just looking for friends to talk and debate about the world of Roshar. I'm planning on reading all of Sanderson's work but I've only read Stormlight Archive so far. I audible while I'm at work so I don't have anyone else to talk to about the books I listen to and I'm sick of not being able to yarn after something life changing happens at the end of a chapter ha-ha.

Welcome to the Shard! If you need somewhere to talk about Sanderson, you’ve come to the right place! Who’s your favorite Stormlight character? And which of Sanderson’s books do you plan on reading next?

P.S. Don’t accept any baked goods from anyone here unless it’s certified hemalurgy free. You haven’t read Mistborn yet, so you don’t know what I’m talking about, but just trust me. Any non certified hemalurgy free foods are spiked and will steal your soul.

Edited by Rebecca

Favourite character definitely has to be Kalladin Storm blessed but Szeth son Nuturo is a close 2nd. Who's hour favourite character? Im actually planning on rereading the storm light Archive with Edgedancer this time because I missed it in my first run through. But with all these baked goods jokes in the forums I'm thinking I should read Mistborn. Which of Sanderson's works are complete? Im dying waiting for Rhythm of War and I only finished Oathbringer this morning.

Edited by DylanStormblessed

Before you reread, at least check out Warbreaker. It's currently standalone, and while it may have a sequel eventually, it's still a complete story, and there's some...interesting things you'll note. Mistborn would also be good to check out, since it's just a really good series. Elantris is fun and is (sort of) a standalone. The graphic novels of White Sand aren't finished yet (pretty sure we're still waiting on Volume 3).

What's your favorite Radiant Order?

My favorite character is Kaladin as well. :) And Mistborn would be a good series to read, but as Invocation mentioned, Warbreaker would also be a good choice. Other than that, Sanderson’s other Cosmere works (which Invocation pointed out in his post) are Elantris, White Sands, and various short stories which are compiled in Arcanum Unbounded.

What's the longest books? I like the longer ones so I don't have to buy credits so often on audible. The long story times is what made me buy The Way of Kings originally. Oathbringer was 55hrs but time flys when your audibling at work to such a good book. I don't have a favourite order yet I'm waiting till all the oaths are spoken and the radiants are revealed because there's still so much we still don't know! What is your favorite radiant order?

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Arcanum Unbounded.

Don't read Arcanum Unbounded until you've read everything else! It's full of spoilers and things you'll need to know, but you won't need to know them until after you have context within the full books.

Just now, DylanStormblessed said:

What is your favorite radiant order?

Mine is Truthwatchers.

Mistborn is nice and long, not as long as Stormlight, but the first book is 600 something pages.

Edited by Invocation

Think I'll go Mistborn, Warbreaker,  Re-Read, Elantris. Any issues reading past the first Trilogy of mistborn before any other particular Sanderson series? No spoilers going to ripple across the Cosmere? I know you can read them in any order and it doesn't effect the story but I'm on the hunt for hoid and finding the little things that link the different world's together. The first Mistborn book is 24ish hours if anyone was wondering. Noice.

Imagine how good Rocks stew would be if he had a spren blade. I literally just bought the first Mistborn book. I got up early before work just so I could download the audiobook so I had a new adventure to listen to at work today haha. Very high expectations after The Stormlight Archive.

1 hour ago, Firebolt-101 said:

My favorite character would have to be Kaladin, but Rock and Renarin are close seconds!

7 minutes ago, DylanStormblessed said:

Imagine how good Rocks stew would be if he had a spren blade. 

I see I have admirers. This thing, it makes me happy! :P

(Welcome!)

13 hours ago, Invocation said:

Before you reread, at least check out Warbreaker. It's currently standalone, and while it may have a sequel eventually, it's still a complete story, and there's some...interesting things you'll note. Mistborn would also be good to check out, since it's just a really good series. Elantris is fun and is (sort of) a standalone. The graphic novels of White Sand aren't finished yet (pretty sure we're still waiting on Volume 3).

What's your favorite Radiant Order?

I read Warbreaker finally and started a reread of Stormlight and I'm finding all kinds of things I missed. Some have nothing to do with Warbreaker, but it's more nuggets I can enjoy.

10 hours ago, DylanStormblessed said:

Think I'll go Mistborn, Warbreaker,  Re-Read, Elantris. Any issues reading past the first Trilogy of mistborn before any other particular Sanderson series? No spoilers going to ripple across the Cosmere? I know you can read them in any order and it doesn't effect the story but I'm on the hunt for hoid and finding the little things that link the different world's together. The first Mistborn book is 24ish hours if anyone was wondering. Noice.

That's a pretty solid line-up to read. There's no major spoilers in Mistborn, but there are a few mysteries you'll enjoy.

2 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I read Warbreaker finally and started a reread of Stormlight and I'm finding all kinds of things I missed. Some have nothing to do with Warbreaker, but it's more nuggets I can enjoy.

More nuggets are always fun!

16 hours ago, DylanStormblessed said:

What's the longest books? I like the longer ones so I don't have to buy credits so often on audible. The long story times is what made me buy The Way of Kings originally. Oathbringer was 55hrs but time flys when your audibling at work to such a good book. I don't have a favourite order yet I'm waiting till all the oaths are spoken and the radiants are revealed because there's still so much we still don't know! What is your favorite radiant order?

You can return audible books even if you've finished them and get a credit back so no need to buy extra:) 

7 hours ago, hoidanalsium said:

You can return audible books even if you've finished them and get a credit back so no need to buy extra:) 

If you return them too often they don't let you return them after awhile without having to call them first. You have to wait for your monthly credit to renew before you get another 3 returns.

On 25/04/2019 at 8:29 AM, Invocation said:

That's a pretty solid line-up to read. There's no major spoilers in Mistborn, but there are a few mysteries you'll enjoy.

Started listening to Mistborn on the way to work this morning. Nine and a half hours in so far loving it. Kelsier is the man.

6 hours ago, DylanStormblessed said:

Started listening to Mistborn on the way to work this morning. Nine and a half hours in so far loving it. Kelsier is the man.

You should PM me and keep me updated on your progress. I love hearing from people who are reading Mistborn for the first time.

12 hours ago, DylanStormblessed said:

If this is your first read through then you definitely should keep us updated! It's a helluva ride.

There's a Cosmere Book Club on Reddit going through this exact same thing, too if you wanna look into anything further:

Cosmere Book Club