Trell is Devotion

Ripheus23

Does Trell have to be only one shard? I could see a scenario where one of Autonomy's Avatars absorbed a piece of Ambition for example, in which case the red color of the haze attacking Scadrial would make more sense, since it would be investiture of mixed origins. I'm generally on board with the idea that Trell is in some form Autonomy since we have the WoB saying that what we've named Trellium is from a Shard we know, but I think theres something more to Trell than that. 

22 hours ago, Ciridae said:

Does Trell have to be only one shard? I could see a scenario where one of Autonomy's Avatars absorbed a piece of Ambition for example, in which case the red color of the haze attacking Scadrial would make more sense, since it would be investiture of mixed origins. I'm generally on board with the idea that Trell is in some form Autonomy since we have the WoB saying that what we've named Trellium is from a Shard we know, but I think theres something more to Trell than that. 

Now that's a really intriguing idea.

Per WOB if you leave a mass of Investiture alone long enough it has a way of eventually becoming Sentient all on it's own (even if nobody picks it up).  I think that means it's theoretically possible that Trell could be one of the bigger chunks of Ambition, Devotion, or Dominion that has begun acting on it's own.  My money is still on an Avatar of Autonomy, but I do think that Splintered doesnt necessarily mean Out of Play. 

I am not saying it is true, but I would love if the big bad were Ambition.

Spoilers All Series

Spoiler

1) Ambition was splintered, but we have seen that Ambition likely is connected to necromancy magic (Threnody, and Brandon WoB saying Ambition would be mono-black in Magic the Gather).

2) Of all the shards, who might make a plan to die (while wounded) and resurrect?

3) Ambition had time to see Devotion and Dominion go down, so she had time to learn and make an ambitious plan.

4)The other Shards seemed somewhat relieved Ambition was splintered and saw her as a potential threat (perhaps villain). 

5) While Autonomy makes sense as the new villain, Brandon seems to care very little about making that word a novel and something people need to read.

6) Ambition being back makes for a cool story; who knows if Ambition also grabbed some of the Dor, too. 

• Chaos locked this topic