The Radiant spren on the ship.

TousenShadowForged

We know is that the Deadeye was the Captain's father, and a Lightspren, so he'd have been bonded to a Willshaper.  There are hints that Timbre is the captain's Daughter, so the Deadeye's granddaughter. 

We dont really know anything about the Orders of the dead sharblades that have appeared on stage other than Adoline's Mayalaran (who was formerly an Edgedancer's blade), though I would guess that most of the ones with Flame themes in their design are going to have been Dustbringers (being that Flame is their associated essence).  Also, I supposed it's reasonable to assume that there are no Deadeye Skybreaker Highspren out there.  Edit: Also there are no Deadeye Bondsmith Blades, they never made blades even before the Recreance, though I think they still had access to plate.

Edited by Quantus

I also think that Bondsmiths get Plate. This WoB would support it:

Hoidonalsium [PENDING REVIEW]

In that one long rejection of Odium, how many Oaths did Dalinar swear before merging the Realms? And is "I am Unity" the fifth.

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

No, that is not an Oath. He swore one ideal in that experience.

Hoidonalsium [PENDING REVIEW]

Okay. How many Oaths is he on?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

The number you think. So, he should have just finished three, right? Or maybe four. I'll have to go look. It's the number that you think it is. I'm not being sneaky on you. There's nothing sneaky there. He doesn't get armor, so I can't remember where he is... He should be at three. "Life before death." "I will unite instead of divide." "I will stand up each time I fall." Yeah, so he's done three.

But do we know for sure that other Bondsmithspren than the Stormfather would not appear as a Shardblade? 

7 minutes ago, equinox said:

I also think that Bondsmiths get Plate. This WoB would support it:

Eh, the WoB can be interpreted either way. He doesn't have armor yet... Or he doesn't get armor at all so it's harder to remember what point he's at. 

The wording Brandon uses, I think it's the latter. 

7 minutes ago, equinox said:

But do we know for sure that other Bondsmithspren than the Stormfather would not appear as a Shardblade? 

Yes. Bondsmiths never had blades. 

Questioner

And there's one last question if I may: I'm really into swords and such. I couldn't help but notice king Elhokar's Blade. It's just... All the others are ornamented, and they may have some glyphs, but it is the only one where it is explicitly it is told that there are ten fundamental glyphs on it which are the glyphs of the orders. I read some of the chapters from Dalinar from Unfettered II, and I know how he got it for Elhokar. Is there also some more backstory to this Blade?

Brandon Sanderson

There's a backstory to every Blade and every one of them is special, that's the problem. But I will be exploring the origins of some of the Blades. Eventually. Not a ton, but a little bit.

Questioner

As it is ornamented in such a way... Could it be related to a Bondsmith?

Brandon Sanderson

Bondsmiths didn't have Blades.

Questioner

All of them? It's just... Maybe it was just the Stormfather...

Brandon Sanderson

No. That's a really good guess. Really good guess. I'm gonna RAFO Bondsmiths because you gonna learn a lot about them in the next book because it's the Bondsmith's book. That's a really good theory, but it's not true. 

Questioner

But maybe there is at least something to it.

Brandon Sanderson

But there's a reason to it, why it has all the 10 orders.

source

Edited by Ookla, the Hivemind

5 minutes ago, Ookla, the Hivemind said:

Eh, the WoB can be interpreted either way. He doesn't have armor yet... Or he doesn't get armor at all so it's harder to remember what point he's at. 

Ahh... :wacko:. Point taken!!

And thanks for the other WoB. I was looking for that, but I'm still struggling with finding adequate WoBs quickly ^^

PS: Elhokar's Blade is quite intriguing as well...

Edited by equinox

I thought there was a WoB about Venli seeing Dalinar start forming plate. He said it in reference to the 2 instances of us seeing the foundation of plate. Jasnah in the battle of Thaylen city and Dalinar in the vision that he shared with Venli. Give me a few and I can go find it.

Edit: I guess I'm remembering wrong as I can't seem to find it. I wonder if it was just a quoted post here on the forums that I took as a WoB from the Arcanum. Either way we do see the same geometric shapes around Dalinar's arm when he reaches for Venli, as we do when Adolin rounds a corner to check on Jasnah. 

Edited by Aesicar

1 hour ago, Aesicar said:

I thought there was a WoB about Venli seeing Dalinar start forming plate. He said it in reference to the 2 instances of us seeing the foundation of plate. Jasnah in the battle of Thaylen city and Dalinar in the vision that he shared with Venli. Give me a few and I can go find it.

Edit: I guess I'm remembering wrong as I can't seem to find it. I wonder if it was just a quoted post here on the forums that I took as a WoB from the Arcanum. Either way we do see the same geometric shapes around Dalinar's arm when he reaches for Venli, as we do when Adolin rounds a corner to check on Jasnah. 

Dalinar, much like Kaladin seemed right on the edge of searing the 4th Ideal and getting plate.  But the WOB that @equinox posted confirmed that he did not actually do it so he, though Id assume that the questioner had the same thought you (and I) had the first read through. 

Jasnah might be there, hard to say. 

Per this WOB, Shallan is up to the 4th, since Kaladin swore his 3rd during WoR, and Im pretty sure we saw hints that her Radiant persona could summon it.  Though she's also proven capable of regressing (which may or may not be a thing unique to the Lightweavers, since their Truths are different and more personal/variable than the Ideals of other orders).

tganchero (paraphrased)

How many oaths can a Radiant swear?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

There is an upper-limit/threshold to the number of oaths a Radiant may make. By the end of WoR, Shallan was a step higher than Kaladin.

source

3 hours ago, Aesicar said:

It was in the books, Venli sees geometric lines around Dalinar's arm, when he saves her from falling into Odium's abyss.

• Chaos locked this topic