Quick Fix Game 33 - Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

Herowannabe

2 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Everyone, before making an accusation, clear it with others first. We only have 9 guesses left, and less if there are co-conspirators.

I'll edit in some analysis later.

Wait a sec.

At the time you wrote this only Elandera, Snip, Bort, Rath and PK made their guesses.

That’s 5 people. In a game of 16 players, that means we have 11 guesses, not 9. Taking one out for the murderer, because we all know she exists, that’s still 10 guesses left, not nine.

Obviously, we do have nine now, what with Joe’s accusation, but at the time you wrote that you wouldn’t know.

It sounds like you know something the rest of us don’t, Meta.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Wait a sec.

At the time you wrote this only Elandera, Snip, Bort, Rath and PK made their guesses.

That’s 5 people. In a game of 16 players, that means we have 11 guesses, not 9. Taking one out for the murderer, because we all know she exists, that’s still 10 guesses left, not nine.

Obviously, we do have nine now, what with Joe’s accusation, but at the time you wrote that you wouldn’t know.

The assassin is likely to have an accomplice, like last round.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

The assassin is likely to have an accomplice, like last round.

True, but Meta specifically said the number could be less if there were Co-Conspiritors, meaning he didn’t factor them in his original estimate.

Spoiler

Also, wonder who the accomplice is... I say Droughtbringer! Nah, too obvious.

Edited by I think I am here.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Sorry, that was a simple miscalculation. (Read: I suck at counting.) I stand corrected: we had at most 10 guesses. 

Now, with Joe’s guess, we only have 9.

Edited by MetaTerminal

My current top suspicions are:

Kidpen: Patji's Finger + Lak/Saddle Strap
Droughtbringer: Rioting/Punch +False Beard

Things that I probably should have crossed off but haven't:

Madagascar: Dueling cane/Aimian + Boots
Rathmaskal: Hemalurgic Chimera + Artifact/Scorch Marks

I am not really happy with any of these combinations, and will try to go through all the evidence again before the game ends.

Sorry I haven't contributed much this round. My work schedule has been a bit overwhelming this week.

That being said, I hope to be able to break down some possible options just a few hours before the end of the cycle, if there are still any guesses left and people want suggestions. Depending on how work goes, I might be able to offer some sooner than that.

Of the ones offered so far, I'm thinking rioting or punching may be some of the more plausible options.

Here are the guesses so far:

Bort, Firesnap Lizard + Footprint
Itiah, Shades + Horseshoes
Randuir, Kick + Firemoss
Paranoid King, Whitespine + Spectacles
CadCom, Dehydration + Hoofprints
Joe in the Bush, Cliff + Medallion
Randuir, Kick + Hairpin

Keep in mind, some of these may be partially correct. If I had been a Co-conspirator or Assassin, I likely would have made a partially-correct guess to throw people off that trail.

Also, upon re-reading the clues, I finally picked up on the "Untidy" part being a reference to the victim's clothing, not the suspect. As such, we also need to consider how their death may have cause their clothing to become untidy.

The current suggestions:

Kidpen, Patji's Finger + Lak or Saddle Strap
Droughtbringer, Rioting or Punch + False Beard
Madagascar, Dueling Cane or Aimian + Boots
Rathmaskal, Hemalurgic Chimera + Artifact or
 Scorch Marks
Paranoid King, Awakened Rope + Spectacles
Walin, Skull + Fire

I've crossed out the ones I think are less likely. Rioting, because I don't think accidental death by rioting would be likely in the wilderness. That sounds more like a city thing, where mobs are common. I'm also uncertain about Hemalurgic Chimera, though I suppose it would fit accidental and wilderness. I just mentally associate that more with Supernatural than Accidental.

PS, sorry for the double post. It's been a few hours since my first, and as you can see by my reason for edit, this was published accidentally.

Edited by Elandera
Oh no! I accidentally hit publish while I was still writing. Stupid hotkeys...

17 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

So has nobody guessed Bort with Booby Trap and Footprint? Is there a reason that was ruled out? Cause if not, I'd be tempted to do that.

I don't think it was ever really ruled out. There had been some talk about how choosing booby trap again would create a bit of an IKYK situation, but that was about it.

Also, looking back on some of the clues, I'm revising the suggestion list:

Kidpen, Patji's Finger + Lak or Saddle Strap
Droughtbringer, Rioting or Punch + False Beard
Madagascar, Dueling Cane or Aimian + Boots
Rathmaskal, Hemalurgic Chimera + Artifact or
 Scorch Marks
Paranoid King, Awakened Rope + Spectacles
Walin, Skull + Fire
Bort, Booby Trap + Footprints
Droughtbringer, Cut-away Vines + Map
CadCom, Rifle + Footprints

I crossed out punch and false beard as well, because if that had been the case, I think on D1 the clue for "Trace at Scene" would have been bruises rather than footprints. I also crossed out fire because a death by fire would probably result in more than just untidy clothing. I added my own suggestions at the bottom of the list.

I think we've got few enough hours left that I can make an accusation without others clearing it first. Since Bort is the almost-center of attention right now, I'll guess him.

@Herowannabe I accuse Bort of using a Booby Trap and leaving behind Footprints.

*throws down Pet Bird dramatically*

I think that the oracle may have accidentally stumbled upon a trap that Fourth of Twilight/Devotary made of Cutaway Vines while wandering the wilderness. Falling from above, it would naturally land on their head, and the painful struggle as they tried to escape would naturally leave their corpse in a terrible and untidy state. Fourth of Twilight probably set this up so he could prey on travelers and steal what he could from them before fleeing and leaving them to die alone in the wilderness, a despicable act driven out of desperation. Then he ran from the scene but stepped in something as he fled, leaving a Wetleek Sap Trail behind him. Therefore I nominate him for brutal and unmerciful torture, in the name of justice, of course.

If it's not that, which is probably isn't, then, well, I was probably never getting back on the force anyway.

Because of all the torture.

@Herowannabe

2 hours ago, Walin said:

I accuse Bort of using a Booby Trap and leaving behind Footprints

No. 

13 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

*throws down Pet Bird dramatically*

I think that the oracle may have accidentally stumbled upon a trap that Fourth of Twilight/Devotary made of Cutaway Vines while wandering the wilderness. Falling from above, it would naturally land on their head, and the painful struggle as they tried to escape would naturally leave their corpse in a terrible and untidy state. Fourth of Twilight probably set this up so he could prey on travelers and steal what he could from them before fleeing and leaving them to die alone in the wilderness, a despicable act driven out of desperation. Then he ran from the scene but stepped in something as he fled, leaving a Wetleek Sap Trail behind him. Therefore I nominate him for brutal and unmerciful torture, in the name of justice, of course.

If it's not that, which is probably isn't, then, well, I was probably never getting back on the force anyway.

Because of all the torture.

@Herowannabe

No.

1 hour ago, Madagascar said:

well, I was probably never getting back on the force anyway.

Well, I get to be right about  something.

Edit: Not that I know what I'm doing, as is clearly demonstrated, but I'm not sure a rifle sounds like an accident.

Edited by Madagascar

Well no one said anything, and we're running out of time.

@Herowannabe I accuse CadCom using a Rifle and leaving behind Hoofprints

I picture a horse based hunting accident, the hunting being a necessity, and then shooting him in the head which leaves the clothes only slightly untidy. 

I'm probably going to guess one of Droughtbringer: Rioting + False Beard, Kidpen: Patji's Finger + Saddle strap, or Walin: Skull + Fire within the hour. Does anyone have opinions on which is most likely to be right/would give the most information even if wrong?

@MetaTerminal@Steeldancer, @I think I am here., @Kidpen, and @Cadmium Compounder still have yet to make an accusation.

13 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Well no one said anything, and we're running out of time.

@Herowannabe I accuse CadCom using a Rifle and leaving behind Hoofprints

I picture a horse based hunting accident, the hunting being a necessity, and then shooting him in the head which leaves the clothes only slightly untidy. 

No. 

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I'm probably going to guess one of Droughtbringer: Rioting + False Beard, Kidpen: Patji's Finger + Saddle strap, or Walin: Skull + Fire within the hour. Does anyone have opinions on which is most likely to be right/would give the most information even if wrong?

@MetaTerminal@Steeldancer, @I think I am here., @Kidpen, and @Cadmium Compounder still have yet to make an accusation.

@Herowannabe I accuse Walin using a Fire and leaving behind a Skull.

I do indeed have an opinion.

Ok I've gone through each scenario in my head that is left, and I have arrived at a possible thing. @Herowannabe, I am Making an accusation. 
I think it was PK using the deathants leaving behind the spectacles! 
Gosh I hope I'm right. We don't have much more time, and if I'm wrong we need to have everyone else who has accusations left to use them. 

The ... the torture didn't work? But it always works. HOW CAN THIS BE?

I think anyone who's left should really focus more on wilderness clues than things like rioting and rifles, but also that we're probably all going to have a lot of trouble accounting for this on our resumes in a way that portrays us as effective when we have to start job-hunting again.