Incarcerationspren

Aonar

During my reread of WoR today, I happened upon this little gem while Kal is in prison: (Ch. 62 "The One Who Killed Promises")

He stood, waving away some strange spren like taught wires crossing before him...

Sounds like Axies' incarcerationspren to me. I guess he's never seen them because he's never been imprisoned in the Alethi Warcamps. (Or maybe its because of the differences between how he and Kaladin Cognitively interpret imprisonment, but that's a theory for another day.)

Are there any other neat references back to The Way of Kings that you've noticed?

(Sorry if people have already noticed this, it didn't appear in any of the searches I did.)

Edited by AonarFaileas

Yeah, speaking of interlude appearances:

“. . . changed even when he was in the other room,” Rushu mumbled, flipping to another page.
“Repeatable and measurable. Only flamespren so far, but so many potential other applications . . .”

During my reread of WoR today, I happened upon this little gem while Kal is in prison: (Ch. 62 "The One Who Killed Promises")

Sounds like Axies' incarcerationspren to me. I guess he's never seen them because he's never been imprisoned in the Alethi Warcamps. (Or maybe its because of the differences between how he and Kaladin Cognitively interpret imprisonment, but that's a theory for another day.)

Are there any other neat references back to The Way of Kings that you've noticed?

(Sorry if people have already noticed this, it didn't appear in any of the searches I did.)

I also noticed that, except I thought they were called captivityspren? Either way, the level of detail in these books is just awesome and I literally laughed when I read that line.

I also loved how the WoR interludes come together at the end - references to rioting that started in the Lahn interlude, Dalinar talking to the new king of Azir who I'm pretty sure must have been Gawx etc.

Yeah, speaking of interlude appearances:

I also liked that little reference to Geranid. I wish Navani had listened to Rushu; it would have been interesting to see that discussed. Alas, that will have to wait for later books.

I also noticed that, except I thought they were called captivityspren? Either way, the level of detail in these books is just awesome and I literally laughed when I read that line.

I also loved how the WoR interludes come together at the end - references to rioting that started in the Lahn interlude, Dalinar talking to the new king of Azir who I'm pretty sure must have been Gawx etc.

I laughed also thinking about Dalinar talking to Gawx. I hope Lift sticks with him. If they come to Urithiru, that would be amazing! I really want Lift to join the other Radiants.  :D

• Chaos locked this topic