[WoR Spoilers] So did Dalinar find....

synobal

Judging by the plural "Words", I think he's got a way to go yet. His posse of Radiants are also still green so I think they all have to level up first before that one is fulfilled. He has at least started the process though.

I figured the "most important words a man can say" were just Knight Radiant oaths in general. 

It also adds to the idea that Dalinar wasn't meant to lead the Radiants, just gather them/ find them. By finding more people who knew the words/ideals, he would be finding and gathering more Radiants.

I thought the most important words where the oaths as well

On the topic of dalinar.. what do you think a bondsmith actually is?.

Bondsmith:

Herald: Ishar

Surges: Tension/Adhesion

Known History:

In the time before the Recreance the order was very small and likely the smallest with only 3 members.

Ideals:

1.Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

2.I will unite instead of divide

3.I will bring men together

Edited by WEZ313

Bondsmith:

Herald: Ishar

Surges: Tension/Adhesion

Known History:

In the time before the Recreance the order was very small and likely the smallest with only 3 members.

Ideals:

Thanks! :)

Ideals:

It more felt (to me) like number 3 is part or further explaination of number 2, so that 2 and 3 would be one ideal in total. But it's entirely possible that they are seperate. Do we have any confirmation for either interpretation?

"Fortunately," Dalinar said, "I know the second oath I am to make. I don't need to be told it. I will unite instead of divide, Stormfather. I will bring men together.
 - Words of Radiance, Chapter 89, pg 1072 Hardcover

Emphasis mine. So it looks like Dalinar has only spoken the Second Oath so far. But I believe the most important words were just the Oaths in general.

I don't know. I can't help but still think that the "most important words" go beyond the usual Oaths. There was too much emphasis put on that. Then again, I wouldn't know which words could be even more important than the Oaths in general. Maybe some sort of final Oath? The Heralds' Oath or something like that?

Still, just a feeling.

The word that bond Odium to the rules mentioned by Tanavast? Just a thought.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 281018368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 520558896 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Gavilar tried to summon a desolation. Not sure he was aware of Odium, or he might have made a less "terribly sociopathically eviler than Sadeas as he would be in Game of Thrones" decision...

So I've totally lost track of all the secret societies, but the most important words a man can say (which Ive always thought were the Ideals) only fits if Gavilar wanted the Knights Radiant back. But was he with a group that wanted them, or wanted them gone?

Edit: I also sort of feel that, as Gavilar's last words, the resolution to them will be made fairly obvious as a resolution. But Dalinar wasn't thinking of Gavilar when he climbed to the roof and yelled at the Stormfather so...maybe not?

Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic