Epigraphs that should have been

Sasukerinnegan

Post your imaginary epigraphs which you think should have been in the book....... make them as imaginative and eerie as you can.

I'll start.....

" Consumed by madness, Betrayed by his comrades, orphaned by the Almighty, the Bearer of all Agonies has returned to Roshar. Accompanied by the immortal liar, he rushes to the battlefield, the final hope of a dying world."

- Dated Vevanev, 1173, 130 seconds pre-death. Seemingly refers to a Herald. Subject: an illiterate beggar

" I walk with the songs of the dead in my ears, the Blade I wield weighing upon my soul. I walk these broken lands, a Herald of death, the storm not seeming to end."

-Dated Vevahach, 1173, 12 seconds pre-death. Subject: A convicted murderer.

Edited by Sasukerinnegan

I can't resist...

"I flinched, when I should have scurried!"
Collected on the third day of the week Palah of the month Shash of the year 1171, twenty-five seconds before death. Subject was an aged meerkat. Sample highly significant. 

I did also come up with these two:

“The land breaks! The light dies! The shadow reigns!”

“A light of black, burning in the night. It illuminates our end.”

"He carries the blade of lords. Almighty, why must he kill? Why must he kill!"

"One remains. He is not far now - I see him struggling, he sees me - the pain he feels. I feel it as my own. Release me, Almighty!"

"Everything is so dim. Why must you take what I would have given freely? For that, I will deny you all but this: You are doomed to fail. The Everstorm comes, and I will ride it as it takes you."

"Where am I? Why do they follow me? Those lines, those beads, ever shifting and changing, unknowable and knowable... Almighty, why have I been cursed to join those that have deserted you?"

"Where is my Reshi?  He lied to me, he has red hair so he is not Reshi but a Horneater instead.  When I see him again I'm going to beat 10 colors of guts out of him."

-- Date illegible.  10 seconds before subject faded out of this world.  Subject was an unusual lighteyes with goat legs by the name of Bastas.

(I've been looking for some time for an opportunity to plant this Reshi witticism.  Apologies to Kvothe, although maybe he's glad to be rid of such a terrible student.)

• Chaos locked this topic