I'm back! And I'm front!    (Thanks! @The Young Bard)

Oooh! Joe, we're going to have so much fun this game, you and I, especially with all the puns in my head.

Darb, signing up for the game. A grumpy guy crossing out of his youth. Grumpy especially because people misread his name and call him a Drab. 

Hopefully, the drab assassin won't do that? Will he? @The Only Joe

I was very strongly considering taking a break for the rest of summer, but this is El's game, and it sounds so fun!

The temptation is almost irresistible :P 

I will think on it, I am going to Las Vegas a week after game starts and the School starts again for faculty on the 1st, which is the day after I get back, so it will be a hectic couple of weeks in the beginning.  However once my schedule gets back to normal it will be much easier to focus on SE again which means it might just be worth the rough start. :P  

So, potential returned is a side-role someone can have? And, it is basically a conversion role? If killed by the elims, that is. And, I assume it won't be announced in the thread that the player was killed.

If I pass my breath voluntarily, can I never receive breath from anyone again? Or only for that turn?

And, if never, then can I receive breath after winning some from the lottery? (Edit: oh wait... you'd die in one turn anyway....)

If Aman is an Idrian returned and he decides to kill meta on N1. Then if Burnt decides to use an 8-breath Strawman to check on him N1, she will see it as a breath transfer and N2 as a kill, yes? (If she's checking on Aman, right?)

If I make the 9 breath Rabbit thing, then do I get a kill every night on from then? Or is it just that night?

And how many breaths does every person start with? And the returned? 

Edited by Mark IV

5 hours ago, Mark IV said:

1. So, potential returned is a side-role someone can have? And, it is basically a conversion role? If killed by the elims, that is. And, I assume it won't be announced in the thread that the player was killed.

2. If I pass my breath voluntarily, can I never receive breath from anyone again? Or only for that turn?

3. And, if never, then can I receive breath after winning some from the lottery? (Edit: oh wait... you'd die in one turn anyway....)

4. If Aman is an Idrian returned and he decides to kill meta on N1. Then if Burnt decides to use an 8-breath Strawman to check on him N1, she will see it as a breath transfer and N2 as a kill, yes? (If she's checking on Aman, right?)

5. If I make the 9 breath Rabbit thing, then do I get a kill every night on from then? Or is it just that night?

6. And how many breaths does every person start with? And the returned? 

1. Yes. Potential Returned is a side-role anyone can have. Yes, it is a conversion role if they're killed by the Returned. No, if a player is Returned it won't be announced that they have died.

2. You can never receive Breath once you have given yours away.

3. Yes. You may still enter and win Breath from the lottery if you give yours away. 

4. Correct.

5. Every night for as long as you have that Awakened object.

image_zps0cyobgml.jpeg

Edited by Elbereth

On 8/13/2016 at 3:00 PM, Elbereth said:

Note: Clarifications in this game will only be answered in the medium in which they are asked. Yes, this includes whatever script and so forth they are in. This does not include foreign languages which your GMs do not speak. 

Estas helplingvoj permesita? Mi estas komencanto en esperanto.

Edited by Bugsy6912

2 hours ago, Mark IV said:

There are no other secret roles, yes?

Does entering the lottery cost breaths? Or is it just risk-free?

(Love the PAFO card. :D)

image_zpsuy2cbtg1.jpeg

It does not cost any Breath, no. 

(Thanks. :P That one actually wasn't mine; Awesomeness Summoned created it a very long time ago. The one above, however, is my creation. :))

1 hour ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Estas helplingvoj permesita? Mi estas komencanto en esperanto.

...No, I am not learning Esperanto to answer questions in it. Sorry, but no thanks. 

I'm in! Sign me up as Plathar Ku.

Does entering the lottery take a breath?

Is there any reason not to enter the lottery? I see, limited actions. To clarify, the possible actions are deposit breath, withdraw breath, use item, enter the lottery, or take breath, right?

What are the stances on PM's?

Edited by Paranoid King

If Meta (or anyone else who isn't me) is running the game after this one, then I'd sign up, but if I'm running the next one (with El, no less), I'd like to spectate instead... El, did you ever let me know if it was okay/feasible for you to co-GM my (ridiculously complex) game while running yours, or if we should ask someone to go between the games?

2 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Does entering the lottery take a breath?

I believe I've already answered that. :) 

14 hours ago, Elbereth said:

It does not cost any Breath, no.

Is there any reason not to enter the lottery? I see, limited actions. To clarify, the possible actions are deposit breath, withdraw breath, use item, enter the lottery, or take breath, right?

Essentially, yes. 

What are the stances on PM's?

On August 13, 2016 at 0:00 PM, Elbereth said:

Generics: Each player has two actions per cycle. Cycles will be composed of 48 hour days and 24 (?) hour nights. Turnover will be at 8:30 p.m. PDT/11:30 EDT/3:30 GMT. Tied lynches will result in a coinflip. PMs are completely open as long as you include the GMs.

Nyali - it would be theoretically feasible; I would prefer not to test that particular theory. :) 

Edited by Elbereth

Just to be clear, if you awaken something with some of your breath, and then give away all your remaining breath, you cannot receive breath anymore during the game, but you can take your breath from the object you awakened and then give it away to someone else, right? And, if you try to pass someone breath but they can't receive it because they gave some away at some point, you keep your breath?

33 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Just to be clear, if you awaken something with some of your breath, and then give away all your remaining breath, you cannot receive breath anymore during the game, but you can take your breath from the object you awakened and then give it away to someone else, right? And, if you try to pass someone breath but they can't receive it because they gave some away at some point, you keep your breath?

Correct on all counts. EDIT: Although the first question is assuming you somehow survive drab death. 

Edited by Elbereth

20 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Correct on all counts. EDIT: Although the first question is assuming you somehow survive drab death. 

Whoops, forgot about that part. I see from the order of operations that what I suggested wouldn't work because drab death is IMMEDIATELY after giving it away. You couldn't even retrieve from awakened objects the same turn you gave your breath away - you die instantly. Huh. Okay. Good to note!

But then, technically speaking, wouldn't it be that you can give away and retrieve breath in the same turn? 

Like if I gave my breath to Nyali N1, and the same night, I decide to retrieve my 4 breath from my Strawman.  Then, wouldn't I be a breath holder who doesn't have to fear death by assassin?

Edited by Mark IV

9 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

But then, technically speaking, wouldn't it be that you can give away and retrieve breath in the same turn? 

Like if I gave my breath to Nyali N1, and the same night, I decide to retrieve my 4 breath from my Strawman.  Then, wouldn't I be a breath holder who doesn't have to fear death by assassin?

You're confusing "Receive breath" with "Retrieve breath from awakened objects" - they're separate on the order of action chart.

5 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

I'm saying it wouldn't be hard to avoid the drab death. But, you'd sacrifice both your moves for the turn. Well, I guess you'd do that in any case.

How would you do that? My reading of the rules says you can't give breath away and survive even if you sacrificed both your moves. Unless you had a hidden special ability of some kind.