Full episode thoughts soon, quick question/speculation though:

So...the first shot Ruby aimed at the golem looked like electric rounds. And Nora's semblance converts electricity into strength, right?

...so, theoretically, could Ruby shoot Nora repeatedly to charge her electric battery super strength?

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

Full episode thoughts soon, quick question/speculation though:

Hide contents

So...the first shot Ruby aimed at the golem looked like electric rounds. And Nora's semblance converts electricity into strength, right?

...so, theoretically, could Ruby shoot Nora repeatedly to charge her electric battery super strength?

Spoiler

Yes, that's a possibility. Would probably be a better idea to tap the dust for the electricity using a method which doesn't involve shooting Nora though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2015 at 11:07 AM, LeftVash said:

I started volume one. Got distracted, and I was struggling with the animation, so I've never gone back. Might eventually.

Dude, wow... You gotta finish. With volume 4 coming out now, I can say that the animation is now fantastic, and the characters are absolutely captivating. The action scenes that have been discussed are top notch, and the plot is super well thought out. So yeah.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2016 at 4:57 AM, Edgedancer said:

That's why I said it wasn't necessarily bad just that it set a potentially bad trend. Some of your explanations don't really work though.

Reveal hidden contents

With shooting Amber my problem is that her aura shield, whatever it was, just disapeared. the scene goes something like this

-Her aura casually catches the attacks shoot at her by Mercury and Emerald with very flashy effects

-Amber sees Cinder coming, so suprise isn't an explanation here

-Cinder's attack hits Amber without her aura doing anything, no effect, no softening the impact, no diversion, no nothing

-Cinder shoots explosive arrows at Amber that are actually shown to overpower her aura.

So why effects on the first and last one but not in the one inbetween that actually mattered?

Qrow not immediately spotting Cinders group we could talk about, if not for the fact that they are on live television of a high profile tournament that Qrow has been shown to watch in his first appearance and are also manipulation several of the match ups of said tournaments. They have not exactly been quiet.

For the positioning between Yang and Mercury, lets look at this step by step. As you yourself pointed out the episodes presented Emerald's illusions as somewhat limited, meaning that even if she got better the only way this makes sense is if Yang has been shown the illusions, that also is supported by the flashback in episode 7 focusing on Yang when the illusion effect sets in. Then we see Yang walking away from the direction in that she punched Mercury and this is not something Emerald's illusions could have manipulated from how they have been portrayed. Yet somehow Mercury kneeled in exactly the location Yang ended up punching, which means he either teleported or bend physics when hit by Yang to somehow land behind her and that this plan required so much luck to work that it should not have worked.

Alternatively the scene completely breaks the limits on Emerald's powers it has established within the very same episode and Emerald can now create so detailed mass illusions that apparently can even fool camera footage, which honestly would not be good story telling.

For Mercury's leg we'll have to wait and see but that still wouldn't explain the part where they take him out of the hospital and into their hideout.

Look, I know this was from, like, 2 years ago, but I saw this and it was bugging me. There's no problem with the aura failing to prevent Cinder's attack (or the effects). As we have firmly established in Volume 5 (freaking hype) magic is real. And there have been hints at that since the maidens were introduced. Magic beyond dust and semblances. The maidens are supposed to be feared for their immense power. Thus, not only could Cinder likely break the aura of a (comparatively) inexperienced fighter, she could also, likely, bypass auras entirely. Who knows. But the simple fact that she has the powers of the Fall Maiden kiiiinda make all arguments against her null and void until we get even more information.

• 5 months later...