Lets be honest, though. With season 3 ending, we can totally see who in that universe is most overpowered (purely because her weapon could end all existence). Velvet. In case you don't remember who that is, that's the one with rabbit ears, the camera, and the OP weapon that I won't talk about because spoilers... and I'm too lazy to deal with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gosh, I've just been caught up in a lot of stuff lately. I'm extremely excited for volume 4, and how the story will progress, but I'm worried about the time skip. How long will it be? Will we miss RNJR action? WHAT THE STORMS IS EVEN HAPPENING WITH THE OTHERS!?!? The costumes look great, I'm just wondering how far this skip will be. I've heard whispers of 3 years, but that seems quite extreme. That'd make Ruby an adult, and puts most of the student cast at 20 years old! I can see one year, maybe two, but I don't know. I trust Miles, Kerry, and Grey (he helps with the story, right?) to stick with Monty's vision and give us the best story, but that doesn't prevent me being anxious.

Side note, does anyone keep up with the manga? Because it recently finished the Black trailer, and a certain extra line by Adam has me thinking. I don't think this needs a spoilers tag, does it? The trailers don't need spoilers, right? Either way, very minor spoilers ahead. If you're reading this thread, though, it's a good idea to be caught up on RWBY anyway.

Anyway, in the manga's iteration, when Adam tells Blake that he's going to use the moon slice (likely his semblance), she objects. He responds with: "Just a little is fine." Just a little of his semblance? Why? Does it corrupt him? Is that why he "changed," according to Blake? It'd certainly fit in with her story. "He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self defense." Does this mean she doesn't blame him?

Edited by Amrynn
Deleted unnecessary characters

5 hours ago, Amrynn said:

Gosh, I've just been caught up in a lot of stuff lately. I'm extremely excited for volume 4, and how the story will progress, but I'm worried about the time skip. How long will it be? Will we miss RNJR action? WHAT THE STORMS IS EVEN HAPPENING WITH THE OTHERS!?!? The costumes look great, I'm just wondering how far this skip will be. I've heard whispers of 3 years, but that seems quite extreme. That'd make Ruby an adult, and puts most of the student cast at 20 years old! I can see one year, maybe two, but I don't know. I trust Miles, Kerry, and Grey (he helps with the story, right?) to stick with Monty's vision and give us the best story, but that doesn't prevent me being anxious.

Side note, does anyone keep up with the manga? Because it recently finished the Black trailer, and a certain extra line by Adam has me thinking. I don't think this needs a spoilers tag, does it? The trailers don't need spoilers, right? Either way, very minor spoilers ahead. If you're reading this thread, though, it's a good idea to be caught up on RWBY anyway.

Anyway, in the manga's iteration, when Adam tells Blake that he's going to use the moon slice (likely his semblance), she objects. He responds with: "Just a little is fine." Just a little of his semblance? Why? Does it corrupt him? Is that why he "changed," according to Blake? It'd certainly fit in with her story. "He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self defense." Does this mean she doesn't blame him?

An interview I saw said the time gap was less than a year, round about 7 or 8 months. 

I....I just

yang. And pyhrra.

:( 

Edited by Delightful
There's a leaked trailer. And and wow and AHHH https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMv6EnW7BS0

I didn't watch the trailer because the crew at the panel specifically asked not to film it and I want to respect their wishes. They cut it out of the live stream for a reason, it was meant to be exclusively for those who bought tickets to RTX. Also, the quality is horrible and its not even finished. I'm going to wait until they finish it up and post it on the internet.

Agreed. But some of my friends watched it (I was too late to stop them) and they've said the animation quality looks even better than volume 3, so that gives me some comfort. With them changing away from using Poser, I was worried the look of the show would suffer, but apparently not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I just watched the whole thing in 2 days. And I did not expect where volume 3 would lead to :o this show turned pretty dark pretty fast!

Anyway,  I can't wait for volume 4 now!

Saddest line from a RWBY panel I saw:

Pyhrra turned Penny into quarters!

:(

to tide you over....check out 

Edited by Delightful

Remember how I said I was going to start watching Rwby, and would give my thoughts and analystical opinions about the characters?

...Blame work. I haven't had a chance to watch the series yet.

Saw the trailers for volume one, though! Of the four, I think Yang might be my favorite (just from the teasers). Though Blake had the most elaborate one, so, there's that. 

Edited by Quiver

So, still processing thoughts, but after volume 1?

Rwby is so obviously built on RPG mechanics that I am stunned there isn't one yet.

Parties. Stamina combat system (aura). Cool mechanics you could play with for customisation, as evidenced by their fighting styles? Complex socio-economic situations that could be leveraged for plot hooks?

Weiss gets mad, and says Ruby attacked out of turn...and turn based combat? An RPG mainstay.

I refuse to believe a Rwby RPG doesn't exist in some form. It's merchandising GOLD.

6 hours ago, Quiver said:

So, still processing thoughts, but after volume 1?

Rwby is so obviously built on RPG mechanics that I am stunned there isn't one yet.

Parties. Stamina combat system (aura). Cool mechanics you could play with for customisation, as evidenced by their fighting styles? Complex socio-economic situations that could be leveraged for plot hooks?

Weiss gets mad, and says Ruby attacked out of turn...and turn based combat? An RPG mainstay.

I refuse to believe a Rwby RPG doesn't exist in some form. It's merchandising GOLD.

Look up RWBY: Grimm Eclipse.

Finished volume 2. Started volume 3, but I'm too busy to do full responses at the moment.

I stead...quick question.how old are the cast?

My guess is that Beacon is meant to be like a high school, but I never know what ages at high schools are compared to UK schools.

Ruby's personality makes me place her in the 11 - 13 bracket. Blake mentioned she was 2 years younger than the rest of the team, so that makes them 13 - 15, itching.

Is that accurate?

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Finished volume 2. Started volume 3, but I'm too busy to do full responses at the moment.

I stead...quick question.how old are the cast?

My guess is that Beacon is meant to be like a high school, but I never know what ages at high schools are compared to UK schools.

Ruby's personality makes me place her in the 11 - 13 bracket. Blake mentioned she was 2 years younger than the rest of the team, so that makes them 13 - 15, itching.

Is that accurate?

From what I remember (and a quick look on the internet backs me up there) Ruby is 15 and the other three are 17.

11 hours ago, Amrynn said:

Edgedancer is right. As of writing this, Ruby is 15 years old and the other students on her level (The rest of team RWBY, team JNPR, SSSN. Basically any students who aren't CFVY) are 17.

Who are SSSN and CFVY? 

I think there's 8 months ish between 3 and 4 and Ruby is 17 then? Would I be wrong in assuming they'd make a big deal of birthdays?

Edited by Delightful