How much of this thread have you read though? Did you read a summary, or skim through it, or... I just need to know what your baseline is before I launch into a long-winded explanation of all of this (as I'm prone to do.) ;)

I read only a little of it, and I can't access some of the pictures, but I read most of the wiki. I also gathered some more basic information from the important links in the OP, but that's it.

How far is everyone planning on taking diaemus? I was planning on making short stories and artwork, but is everyone going to do that? If we do this it would be cool to build a site, in which each creator could post their own artwork, and links to stories.

My species is in production, and I will have some posts up soon.

EDIT: My race is the 

Malcostraca

Centered in the malacost Rift

Edited by King's wit

How far is everyone planning on taking diaemus? i was planning ion making short stories and artwork, but is everyone going to do that? if we do this it would be cool to build a site, in which each creator could post their own artwork, and links to stories.

We have a wiki, sure.

Nobody's posted new content for a few months (besides Winter just now,) so the future of the project is a bit specious. Go to town with it, though. The world is cool even with just what we have on the wiki right now, even if not even a fraction of it is complete.

We have a wiki, sure.

Nobody's posted new content for a few months (besides Winter just now,) so the future of the project is a bit specious. Go to town with it, though. The world is cool even with just what we have on the wiki right now, even if not even a fraction of it is complete.

Thanks. ill probably be posting some art and info on the wiki tomorrow, or in the following week.

Edit: dang, the wiki is not what i expected it to be, i was having a hard time navigating and trying to create a page.

Also, as ive been going through, ive noticed that its harder to make a race then i originally thought, you have to take into account all these little things. It just raises the difficulty by a few notches.

Edited by King's wit

hairstreak capture.PNG

Adult male hairstreak

Sorry for the double post, but i finished the warrior class of my species, (which is sentient). This is the head, and ill try to upload the full body in the near future.,

Anyway my species is called the Malacostraca Formica by others, but their name for themselves is кусающееся or (kus-ay-ush-cheeye-sya) "The Biter" . Written in the alphabet of коготь (ko-gut') "Claw" made by scratching their hard claws on tablets made from fallen members of their colony.

The biters live in the trenches of the malacost area, an area that has an elevation difference of 5500 feet, from the mountain tops of the two small islands in the area, to the bottom of the main city situated in the deep trenches. 

The biters have no lungs, instead oxygen and other minerals and gasses are filtered through spiracle valves in their exoskeleton. The oxygen is then passed to the hemolymph (a blood substitute) that courses through their body, their hearts are long tubular muscles that run parallel with their backs. The biters have two sets of eyes, one compound, that grants them acute movement detection, but does not produce a high resolution image, and one set of deep sea eyes, that let them see in the darkness of the trench.

The biters bodies are equipped with a set of double stomachs and intestines, and a pressure bladder that lets them endure the crushing forces of the deep water. (2,160 psi at 5000 feet = 1 x 1 x 5000 x 12 x .036 <- calculation to find pressure per sq inch) 

The biters have sensor pits (like vipers) that can detect vibration, currents, heat, and light. The biters have an infrabuccal chamber that stores lumoles for later use. This chamber is present in all members of the species.The biters have 6 legs, a pair of short grasping arms at the front. Each pair of legs has 5 claws spread out asymmetrically 3-2 like a chameleons claws.

The biters have three separate jawbones that can snap together at speeds of (128km/h blues/coppers) and (230km/h Hairstreaks) The biters warrior class is the hairstreak.

Biter colonies function as a superorganism (There are 17 known biter colonies in the malacost area, and many more that the biters have kept from the other species of the world) each colony has a queen, and a caste system divided into 3 seperate duties.

Eggs laid have a orange sheen to their shell, these eggs are not fragile, and it takes a great deal of force to break the outer layer of minerals that crystallize on the many nucleation sites. The eggs are roughly 12" tall and 6" in diameter. The young emerge from their shells covered in congealed hemolyph.

The blues are the youngest members of the colony recently being hatched from their eggs, these members are the breeders, their jobs are to tend to the queen, protection of the brood, and to sterilize the brood environment. The queen isn't the only egg laying member of the colony. Young blues called gamergates lay their eggs in the hatchery. These gamergates choose a male and form a lifelong bond with this individual. Blues are 8 feet from head to tail, and stand 4 feet at the shoulder

After the blues complete one cycle as a pupae are "born" into the copper role. Coppers are the maintenance crew, the farmers, and the transportation of the colony. Despite their name coppers have a green tint to their exoskeleton, the name "coppers" is speulated to have come from human and dromean explorers that stumbled upon the two volcanic but fertile islands controlled by the кусающееся. Apparently, the humans thought the coppers green tint was simmilar to copper that had oxidized. Coppers are 12 feet from head to tail, and stand 5 feet at the shoulder. These beings are infertile, and are incapable of being gamergates. They last 14 cycles before entering second pupation,which lasts 1 cycle, and hatch as hairstreaks (picture above).

Hairstreaks are the colonies warriors, they stand 6 feet at the shoulder, and are 18 feet from head to tail.These beings are infertile, and are incapable of producing young. Hairsreaks live for 10 cycles after second pupation. These warriors exoskeletons are bolstered by lumoles.

The lumolian theory of 132kyc created by cyianno the wise, proposes that hairstreaks can exclusively use lumoles of specified type. This type is dictated by the specific great lumole that the queen has ingested, at great risk. Кусающееся scholars have been studying and collecting great lumoles For thousands of cycles. The scholars then catalogue and "Store" the lumole in an willing queen, therefore providing that colony with the use of two lumoles. Biter scholars have been influential in the choosing of queens since the days of cyianno. Whenever there is a new great lumole discovered, the scholars rush to claim a queen, and she accepts the lumole.The next queen to produce a heir then recieves a stored lumole. The new heir builds a colony from scratch or liberates an abandoned colony.

According to cyianno the lumole types Known to scholars are as follows:

Red:

INCOMPLETE i will finish this later.

Edited by King's wit

• 1 month later...

The word for scholars in the language of коготь  is

Scholars: ученые

Blues:синий

Coppers:медь

Hairstreaks:полоса волос

Edit: if you're wondering what the heck this is, read the post above

Edited by King's wit

• 2 months later...

This is an artistic drawing by a кусающееся scholar.

It portrays one of the key crops of the кусающееся species. This crop, called blue-stem, is one of the primary sources of blue lumoles, which cluster at the tips of the flexible stalks, the stalks are edible as well as the main body, which stores starches as well as nutrients.

the depiction captures the movement of the lumoles as they are shifted by underwater currents.

Rift flora..jpeg

• 10 months later...

Hello

Nice idea i'd like to be part of it.

For me i'd say magic is culture related: that said i have an idea for a technomancer-like race that uses magic to empower scientifically created automatons (to say thet truth my inspiration is the dwemer race from the elder scrolls univers?

Some other idea about this race i still need to develop. 

Geographic position foe thia nation would be either an isolated island or on the other sids of the mountains land kind of thing.

Anything else...?