Then I'll retract my vote on Wonko and Vote for Panda, since he's still voting for me, and I've given him plenty of discussion.

Out of curiosity, how many of you actively check for white text?  Please respond in White text, don't tell the people who don't know.

Don't think you can get away with this, Joe! I'll have me cash back!

Mailliw, because you don't have a vote on you, and a retracted vote doesn't give you money. I had to move my vote off Joe to get his off me.

Edit: Changed vote to Surgebound Rainspren, since I'll probably get the same response from Mailliw, and Rainspren hasn't turned up yet.

White text saves lives.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Karlin looked up from his book to gaze at the spectacle unfolding before him. It seemed the thought of there being traitors among them had thrown them into a fit of finger-pointing. He sighed, shaking his head, and returned to his book. "At least the Lawmen will be found quickly" He thought "even if we lynch off our own ranks to do it".

Before we get to crazy with voting can we agree on something.

This game is an Isolated incident (for want of a better term). Players alignments in other games don't effect the alignment of those players in this game. Furthermore using voting to punish players is ridiculous, don't vote for people because they didn't understand the rules.

retract araris. will make green later. vote.. is now for joe.  do not shanghai.

I never shanghai'd, I counter Shanghai'd. And anyway, I'm not even voting for Wonko anymore. I retracted my vote on him.

I'm also retracting my vote for Panda. Voting for Emerald since no one's voted him yet.

Vote Tally

Votes for sale(2): Mailliw, Ostrichofevil

Phattemer(3): Araris, Dowanx, Emerald

Surgebound Rainspren(1): Lightsworn Panda

Emerald(1): The Only Joe

Dowanx(3): Clanky, Phattemer, Feligon

Winter(1): Pifferdoo

Pifferdoo(1): Winter Cloud

Spencer(1): Haelbarde

Edited by The Only Joe

I also don't think we should be spreading votes over everyone.  That leaves too much room for lawmen to manipulate the vote especially with vote buying mechanic.  

This is day one and because its day one I have no real suspicions like most of you.  That being said I am going to follow my gut and vote for Phat.

Funny, I had a dream that I'd be lynched first cycle. Gut? What gut, I've done nothing. I really think you shouldn't do this, I'm not a lawman. it is not a good idea, why lynch someone random, it just helps the lawmen. I'll change my vote for now to DOWANX but I'll retract it if he retracts his.

Edited by phattemer

"I think in my professional opinion that he is indeed dead." said Doctor McNinja as he stepped away from Warns corpse. "However cause of death is not so easy to ascertain."  

"Ummm Doc, he got shot in the head that's probably what did him in."

"Who are you to say that? Are you a Doctor? No, I didn't think so! Anyways based on my cursory examination most likely cause if death would be asphyxiation from being submerged in liquid."

"You mean drowning? There ain't nothing to drown in round here. We are trapped in this here cave and besides he was found in his room, dry and with a bullet in his head"

Doctor McNinja ignored the ridiculousness being spouted by his assistant. He wasn't even a doctor what could he know.

"Stop your babbling and take me to the other patient" 

retracting my vote on haelbarde because he retracted off pifferdoo, and voting for Joe because he voted for me.

I'm also retracting my vote for Panda. Voting for Emerald since no one's voted him yet.

What kind of a reason is that?

Edit: on second thought, retracting off Joe and voting for Phatt to help prevent the lawmen from killing whoever they want with the votes they (probably) bought.

Edited by Emerald101

Thanks Feligon, you won't regret that. GAH! Emerald, why you do this? Killing someone random is... wait, you're right. Never mind, killing a random person is better than a definite non-lawmen. Color me embarrassed. But maybe not me, because I'm not a lawman, and to stop my dream from coming true?

Player Count

(Per Cycle)

Cycle 1: 17

Cycle 2: 14

Cycle 3: 11

Cycle 4: 8

Cycle 5: 5

Cycle 6: 2

I think that basically gives us Cycles 2-4 to work things out. The most annoying thing is that 17% of the player set will be dead before we gain any information.

Wyrmhero, what happens if the smoking gun targets person to get lynched? Because the Lynch target dies before the gun goes off, will it kill the holder, or no one? Also, how will voting results appear?

Shouldn't it be two deaths per cycle, one from the lawmen and one from the smoking gun?

Also, you can't forget abilities like the archivist and koloss-blooded.

Edit: wow, forgot lynching. I've been playing Mafia for years but i forget lynching. *facepalm*

Edited by Emerald101

Shouldn't it be two deaths per cycle, one from the lawmen and one from the smoking gun?

We also have the Lynch vote, and the only way I see that failing is if no one at all votes. But that's never going to happen - Lawmen might as well just vote out who they don't like.

Also, you can't forget abilities like the archivist and koloss-blooded.

I had forgotten about those, true. I'd be surprised if there were any more than 2 Koloss-bloods though, and an archivist can only use their ability on one person per turn, and each player can only have their death prevent by an Archivist once also.

Oh, and that's something - Smoking Gun kill happens after Lawman kill, so if the Lawmen target the wielder of the smoking gun, then presumably the smoking gun won't go off that round.

So maybe things are as bad as I thought they were.

retracting my vote on haelbarde because he retracted off pifferdoo, and voting for Joe because he voted for me.

What kind of a reason is that?

Edit: on second thought, retracting off Joe and voting for Phatt to help prevent the lawmen from killing whoever they want with the votes they (probably) bought.

I wanted to see how you'd react to be voted on. You voted for me. That makes me think you're not a lawmen.

However, I'm the only one voting for you, and I don't have anyone else i want to vote for yet, so i'll leave it there for now to collect my coins.

Dr Rab Heatherlock performed a headcount. Always worth keeping track of where peoples are. If you can see 'em, then they ain't backstabbing you. There were just over a dozen people of any significance in the hideout at the moment, but two of them were missing. "Hey, peoples, any of you seen Doctor Walin or Ralon since we found out 'bout them Lawmen?"

(Don't believe I've seen any posts from spencer (Dr Walin) or Alvron (Ralon) yet.)

Edited by Haelbarde

Haelberde, maybe we haven't, but keep in mind that Walin is new also, and inactivity does not necessarily mean Eliminatorship.

This is true. I'd also not mind just having a vote down somewhere to earn an extra coin. Unless you reckon it's not worth the risk - probably not going to be on just prior to the end of cycle, so'd not be able to change things if last minute shenanigans happen. Otherwise, 1 vote on its lonesome won't make any difference. If you think I'm better off retracting my vote, then I will do so.

Vote Count: (I think)

Phattemer(3): Emerald, Dowanx, Araris

Dowanx(3): Felgion, Phattemer, Clanky

Emerald(1): The Only Joe

Lord Pifferdoo(1): Winter Cloud

Spencer12357(1): Haelbarde

Rainspren(1): Lightsworn Panda

Winter(1): Lord Pifferdoo

Auction Votes: Mailliw, Ostrich

EDIT: Also, bother. I really wish there was no smoking gun this cycle...

Edited by Haelbarde