9 minutes ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

“And whose fault was that?” Khusa pushed past them, his smugness gone. He gestured for them to follow. “You’ll be safe from the police if you follow me back to my office. If you don’t want to get caught, I suggest you follow me. You have no reason to trust me, but unless you want to know what life’s like in prison, probably your only option is to follow me, considering you left them a trail.”

"Are you bleeding thick?" Velen could not stand the arrogance of this man. "I am a professional assassin. I will be declining your offer, and you will be coming with me. Try to run, and you're dead. And I know it's 'hard to kill you,' but I assure you, I am much, much more dangerous than you could ever be. Now follow me." They vaulted over the stone wall separating the manor from the rest of the world.

Edited by Ookla the Confused

“I’m much smarter than you’ll ever be,” Khusa said, calmly climbing over the wall. “And I’m terribly sorry that you’ve made me do this. I gave you fair warning.”

Before they could react, Khusa swiftly and effortlessly disarmed the stranger, throwing their knives out of reach. Khusa swept the stranger off their feet with a hard blow to the ankles, twisting their arm behind their back as he leaned his weight on their with one foot while pulling out his own knife in one motion. He pointed the blade to the stranger’s throat, but didn’t apply pressure.

“You and I” he started, his voice hinting towards blood at any wrong word on the stranger’s part, “are going to have a talk about what a professional assassin is. And, if you don’t want me to talk to the law about what you have done to one of my most valued customers, I suggest you listen very closely: I am not your enemy, far from it. But, so help me, if you don’t take a second to think about what’s going on, I will make you wanted not just by the law, but with the underground too. You will wish that I would have just ended your life right here and now.

“You have the killing part of the assassin down––I don’t doubt that for a second––but you’re not thinking. You underestimate the law, because if they were able to catch you in the act, you better bet whatever coin you have that they are already working on posters and telling every law enforcement in the whole star-forbidden country what kind of reward that can get by turning you in, dead or alive. They know your starring face, for crying out loud!” 

Khusa’s gaze turned cold. “If you don’t come with me, you’ll be on the run for the rest of your life; you wouldn’t be able to do your work without the fear of someone catching you or recognizing you because you let yourself be seen. However, if you were to come with me, I will talk it over with officials and see what I can do about your face in their system, then we never have to talk again.”

He applied a little pressure to the stranger’s neck, but not enough to draw blood. A cold smile appearing on his lips. “And I suggest you make your choice soon,” he offered. “Your new friends are eager to talk with you.”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

“I’m much smarter than you’ll ever be,” Khusa said, calmly climbing over the wall. “And I’m terribly sorry that you’ve made me do this. I gave you fair warning.”

Before they could react, Khusa swiftly and effortlessly disarmed the stranger, throwing their knives out of reach. Khusa swept the stranger off their feet with a hard blow to the ankles, twisting their arm behind their back as he leaned his weight on their with one foot while pulling out his own knife in one motion. He pointed the blade to the stranger’s throat, but didn’t apply pressure.

“You and I” he started, his voice hinting towards blood at any wrong word on the stranger’s part, “are going to have a talk about what a professional assassin is. And, if you don’t want me to talk to the law about what you have done to one of my most valued customers, I suggest you listen very closely: I am not your enemy, far from it. But, so help me, if you don’t take a second to think about what’s going on, I will make you wanted not just by the law, but with the underground too. You will wish that I would have just ended your life right here and now.

“You have the killing part of the assassin down––I don’t doubt that for a second––but you’re not thinking. You underestimate the law, because if they were able to catch you in the act, you better bet whatever coin you have that they are already working on posters and telling every law enforcement in the whole star-forbidden country what kind of reward that can get by turning you in, dead or alive. They know your starring face, for crying out loud!” 

Khusa’s gaze turned cold. “If you don’t come with me, you’ll be on the run for the rest of your life; you wouldn’t be able to do your work without the fear of someone catching you or recognizing you because you let yourself be seen. However, if you were to come with me, I will talk it over with officials and see what I can do about your face in their system, then we never have to talk again.”

He applied a little pressure to the stranger’s neck, but not enough to draw blood. A cold smile appearing on his lips. “And I suggest you make your choice soon,” he offered. “Your new friends are eager to talk with you.”

Velen was seriously about to lose their stars. But they knew Khusa - or at least, his reputation. He was not going to let up. Velen was, after all, still the most dangerous person here, despite the man’s oversized ego. “Fine, you bleeding eyeslit.” 

It’s ten o’clock at night. I can’t think of any better curses. Sue me.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Velen was seriously about to lose their stars. But they knew Khusa - or at least, his reputation. He was not going to let up. Velen was, after all, still the most dangerous person here, despite the man’s oversized ego. “Fine, you bleeding eyeslit.” 

Khusa glared at them, the coldness freezing over every feature. He stared for an uncomfortable amount of time, studying everything about this person, before nodding slightly.

“Alright,” he said, sheathing his knife and removing his foot from the stranger. He then offered a hand to help them up. “What I suggest is to keep your head low and if we encounter anyone, let me handle it. But no matter what happens: Keep your face hidden till we get to my office, which shouldn’t be that far of a walk. Am I clear?”

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

Khusa glared at them, the coldness freezing over every feature. He stared for an uncomfortable amount of time, studying everything about this person, before nodding slightly.

“Alright,” he said, sheathing his knife and removing his foot from the stranger. He then offered a hand to help them up. “What I suggest is to keep your head low and if we encounter anyone, let me handle it. But no matter what happens: Keep your face hidden till we get to my office, which shouldn’t be that far of a walk. Am I clear?”

Velen met Khusa’s gaze. For all his cold, glaring stares and counterfeit smiles, they could tell Khusa wasn’t all he was trying to imply.

And that was because he’d made a fatal mistake.

Underestimating Velen.

“I’m clear.”

Ya did tho

Edited by Ookla the Confused

Sait held himself motionless, briefly opening his Third Sight to fully still himself before he attempted once again to extend his awareness. He had failed dozens of times before, and would likely fail hundreds of times more before he succeeded, but for the moment, he was certain of his own success. After a lengthy effort, he could no longer ignore the burning in his lungs, so he rose and took a deep breath. Another failure. He would try again tomorrow, and the day after that, and every day, until he was successful. He had heard any number of insults against his character, but no one had ever said he gave up easily. He took a brief moment to collect himself, then opened his First Sight and began walking.

The Epicenter felt yet another disturbance. Earthquake... death... millions... The Epicenter spread out towards the shifting tectonic plates, gently shoving them in safer directions. However, a small tremor was felt around the center of Valor.

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Sait held himself motionless, briefly opening his Third Sight to fully still himself before he attempted once again to extend his awareness. He had failed dozens of times before, and would likely fail hundreds of times more before he succeeded, but for the moment, he was certain of his own success. After a lengthy effort, he could no longer ignore the burning in his lungs, so he rose and took a deep breath. Another failure. He would try again tomorrow, and the day after that, and every day, until he was successful. He had heard any number of insults against his character, but no one had ever said he gave up easily. He took a brief moment to collect himself, then opened his First Sight and began walking.

You still grow stronger. Lina 'whispered' to him.

Sait was so excited by the prospects of the message that he nearly twitched. He had no desire to take shortcuts, but such mystical interaction might prove to be the necessary catalyst for opening his Fourth Sight, which would allow him to sense the flows of magic energy in and around him. In his excitement, he nearly ignored the message itself. Without altering his pace, Sait cast out his spiritual awareness as broadly as he could, hoping he might be able to sense whoever had contacted him.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Lad said:

I've been watching you for some time. Lina continued, then added, Not in a weird way.

Is it possible for me to respond to you in the same matter?, Sait pondered. Is it simply a matter of projecting my thoughts? Would you mind identifying yourself, and revealing your location?

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

Are such intrusions habitual for you? How long have you been observing me, and for what purpose?

Wow. You're really clear now. Lina sounded impressed. I keep a level of awareness of everyone nearby, usually for basic purposes. It makes things a lot easier if you can read a room without any margin of error. As for you, I simply noticed that you're more... balanced.