11 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

"You know I did. I didn't expect you to come back. I made some rounds with my own informants, who's your new friend?"

“He’s not my friend.” Velen walked towards the rug in the center of the room, rolling it up tightly, then unlocked the trapdoor under it.

11 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

"I botched the job." Might as well cut to the chase. 

“You did.”

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I might make a second character for this so I can actually join the plot; can anyone give me a quick TL;DR so I can do that properly?

Tip was late for a job, went in without Velen, and immediately got captured. When Velen realized this, they rushed into the manor (where Tip was), completed the job, and rescued Tip. Then, they locked Tip inside the manor so he would have to deal with the consequences of his actions. Tip escaped. Meanwhile, Velen had some banter with Khusa, in which he forced them to come to his office so he could clear their name. Velen thinks he’s trying to use them, so they get out of there as fast as possible. Their name is cleared, but they also turn down a different contract that I’m going to shortly force them to accept.

57 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

"You knew?"

“Yup. You’ve been doing it since you came here. When you don’t want to be seen, you sometimes bend the light away from you; shroud yourself in a thin veneer of shadows. I’m honestly surprised it took you this long to figure out that you’ve been doing it.”

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Who's playing Tip? I might run into them.

Tip and I are at the house - you could visit Khusa; I’m sure you could think up a way for them to be connected.

36 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Jensir knocked on the door.

Velen hastily locked the hatch, unrolling the rug onto it. They walked over to the door and opened it. “Whatever you’re trying to sell me, I don’t want it.” They started to close the door.