17 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

I’m always under the impression that people shouldn’t mess with other people’s ocs, but I think that’s just my logic.

Oh ok - I just knew you were feeling a bit overwhelmed and didn’t want to pressure you or anything :)

Velen watched the whole exchange with a flat expression, then walked into the office. “Is this going to take long? I have an appointment in two hours.” They had no such appointment, but they didn’t think they could stand Khusa’s ego for much longer, or they’d either go mad or kill somebody. Possibly both.

“It shouldn’t, no,” Khusa replied, sitting behind his desk while clasping his hands together, searching Velen’s eyes with a serious gaze after what they had said. “Haro is good on keeping everything organized and on time. What you should hope for is that my contacts not being too busy on trying to catch you so I can talk to them. I talk to them, they do their job, you’re off the hook, and we never have to see each other again.”

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

“It shouldn’t, no,” Khusa replied, sitting behind his desk while clasping his hands together, searching Velen’s eyes with a serious gaze after what they had said. “Haro is good on keeping everything organized and on time. What you should hope for is that my contacts not being too busy on trying to catch you so I can talk to them. I talk to them, they do their job, you’re off the hook, and we never have to see each other again.”

Velen sighed, sitting in the chair opposite Khusa’s. “Sounds wonderful.”

13 hours ago, Fallapede said:

After what felt like an eternity, Sait felt something shift within his awareness. One of the purple eyes on his blindfold began softly glowing as his mind was flooded with information. He promptly collapsed, grinning widely even as he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Oh." Lina blinked. "Oh dear."

She picked up him and started walking back to the towers.

15 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Velen sighed, sitting in the chair opposite Khusa’s. “Sounds wonderful.”

“When you don’t have to do all the paperwork, yes.”

As soon as he said that, Haro walked in with a small stack of papers. She placed it on his desk. “Here’s the papers you wanted,” she said. “Also, your contacts are ready whenever you are.”

Khusa nodded his thanks, gesturing a dismissal. Haro complied, closing the door softly behind her. Khusa looked through the papers. “Hm, family murdered when you were about eleven,” he muttered to himself, leafing through some more. “Seems you want to find the murderer and bring justice for their deaths as seen with your apprenticeship with The Shadow in… Valor? Hm, interesting. After that apprenticeship, you are trying to plant your feet here, which is something I can respect. Having some trouble with the law enforcement as well as your friend, whom I assume is your own apprentice. Let’s just hope they got lucky in terms of escaping the law.”

Khusa looked up from the papers. “Is this information correct, Velen Ipara?”

8 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“When you don’t have to do all the paperwork, yes.”

As soon as he said that, Haro walked in with a small stack of papers. She placed it on his desk. “Here’s the papers you wanted,” she said. “Also, your contacts are ready whenever you are.”

Khusa nodded his thanks, gesturing a dismissal. Haro complied, closing the door softly behind her. Khusa looked through the papers. “Hm, family murdered when you were about eleven,” he muttered to himself, leafing through some more. “Seems you want to find the murderer and bring justice for their deaths as seen with your apprenticeship with The Shadow in… Valor? Hm, interesting. After that apprenticeship, you are trying to plant your feet here, which is something I can respect. Having some trouble with the law enforcement as well as your friend, whom I assume is your own apprentice. Let’s just hope they got lucky in terms of escaping the law.”

Khusa looked up from the papers. “Is this information correct, Velen Ipara?”

Velen stiffened. "Yes." How does he know that?

19 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“Good, good.” Khusa gathered the papers together. “Do you know my name? It would be terribly rude to know yours without you knowing mine.”

“Khusa Asou.” Velen leaned back in their chair. “You’re rather… infamous.”

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

Quick question: Does this world have the technology of phones yet? Sorry if I haven’t been paying attention lol.

That’s alright - no, they don’t. I’m thinking early Industrial Revolution in terms of technology, actually.

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

He smirked, spreading his hands out. “At your service, Velen Ipara.”

Velen took a deep breath and stared at Khusa.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

That would be good.

Kk. Sorry it’s been taking me long to respond, I had to think more about it.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Velen took a deep breath and stared at Khusa.

He raised his eyebrow at Velen, staring right back at them. His gaze flicked up as Haro came in, who walked to the corner to open a desk with a communication device on it. She sat down, placed the headphones on, and began writing.

“What are they saying, Haro?” Khusa asked, continuing to meet Velen’s stare.

“Asking why you’re doing this.”

He rose an eyebrow at Velen. “Well? You want to say something about that, or let me handle it?”

“No one said that you ‘needed’ me for it,” he put simply. “I’m just making it easier for you, so you can do your job without having too much work on my end. You don’t know how messy it can be to make sure that people doing the work that you or I do are getting off easy from the law. Really, I’m making both of our jobs easier. Now, please answer the question, my contacts only have so much time.”

13 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

“No one said that you ‘needed’ me for it,” he put simply. “I’m just making it easier for you, so you can do your job without having too much work on my end. You don’t know how messy it can be to make sure that people doing the work that you or I do are getting off easy from the law. Really, I’m making both of our jobs easier. Now, please answer the question, my contacts only have so much time.”

Didn’t he just answer it? Sorry, I’m confused :P

3 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Sorry for making you confused. I often do that without realizing.

Basically yes, but he’s asking for personal input.

That’s fine; everyone does sometimes

Velen sighed. Why is he doing this? “Well, he’s either a maniac, or he’s trying to gain my trust somehow.” Velen shot a glance at Khusa. “I think both, though for the latter, he’ll find that a little bit harder than he expected.”

Khusa nodded, looking up over Velen’s head. “Haro, start a new message,” he began. “I know you’re just doing your job, stop. But this is of an important matter and this will make both of our jobs easier, stop. A newbie is here and needed some help with these matters; I am simply helping them, stop.”

He paused, waiting for Haro to finish tapping out the sentence. “I need you to clear the face of the assassin who killed Arke Espara, stop.”

Haro finished tapping out the message, then began writing words on a piece of paper. It took a few moments, but she eventually held up the piece of paper.

“We have their face,” she read. “This could be our biggest break yet. Don’t you know what that’s like?”

Khusa clasped his hands together, the arrogance and laughter gone from his eyes in place of seriousness. “Alright, we’ll play your way,” he said to himself softly, before raising his voice in response. “Yes, I do know what that’s like, stop. But don’t think that you’re going to get off easily, Quentin, stop. Do you know how far away I am from messaging your boss about how you’ve been sleeping with his wife instead of your own, or how much more you’re embezzling compared to your coworkers, stop? You know you don’t want to be my enemy, stop. Why are you trying to get on my bad side, then, stop?”

Silence from both ends.

Khusa’s serious expression remained. Loss for words? he pondered, looking at Haro. Does he really think he can challenge me?

Haro began writing, then placed the pen down. “Have it your way,” she read. “Their face will be cleared.”

“Was that that hard,” Khusa said to himself. He leaned back a little bit. “How long will that take, stop?”

A pen scratched against paper. “An hour tops.”

Khusa nodded. “Your service is appreciated, stop. End conversation.”