Challenge of Champions Preliminary Match

Lord Meeker

Audience poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would win?

• Archer/Mace
    • Mraize/Rhazien

Please note that the poll above will not determine the outcome of the match but rather to see what you the members think. 

Mraize's alleyverse character

Spoiler

Name: Rhazien Voylderyrin

Investiture: Transformation and Transportation (Elsecaller-3rd) ~150 Breaths

Weakness: Rhazien as no clue how to use Transformation. Anytime he attempts he accidentally turns it into completely different than he intended to. Mainly opposites. 

Appearance: Black cloak with tearable strips and hood, vambrace, paldrons and gauntlets and red and white decorated mask. 

Physical characteristics: oval face, dark brown hair, thick eyebrows, and hazel eyes. He is 6' 2". He is about 27

Relatives: None that are important. 

Home planet: Roshar. Specifically western Roshar. 

History: Rhazien grew up in a home and was taught that kindness is the attribute you should emulate. He bonded his Spren, Asha, at the early age of 10. Two years later his was caught in a high storm and accidentally transported himself to shadesmar. Luckily for Rhazien, sailors were passing and saved him from drowning. The sailors were taking a group of people to Nalthis. These world hoppers took Rhazien with them and dropped him off at the Court of the Gods where he was taken in by the god of Kindness. This is where he learned about his 3rd oath and began his collection of Breaths.  He soon discovered how to get off Nalrhis and took the opportunity to journey back to Roshar. 

Archer's Alleyverse character

Spoiler

Name: Mace

Investiture: Feruchemist (doesn't have any God Metals. The only Higher Metal I have is gold. I think having Chromium would be too OP) 

Physical characteristics: 200 cm tall, 31 y/o, dusty grey hair, dark brown eyes, koloss-blood.

Parentage: Illegitimate son of a full koloss-blood (father) and a Terris (mother).

No spouse, children, or siblings.

Home planet: Scadrial

History: After being abandoned by parents, I was raised in Elendel by a crew who specialized in document forgery and theft. It was with them that I learned to read and write. I became a competent criminal over the next few years, but, upon conversion to the Path, I left the group to find more honest work. I worked as a soldier in the city from the ages of 18 to 23, where I met a Worldhopper with whom I became cosmere aware. I became an avid traveler after that, only settling down for a stint when I was 28 when I worked for a carpenter. I left after less than a year, but the experience did result in my uncanny ability to find weak-points in wooden furniture and exploit them. In other words, I’m very good at knocking down doors. I deal well with pain, but am prone to seeking revenge. I have schizophrenia, which effects my actions and emotions somewhat randomly. 

----------------------------------------

"Welcome to the first ever Challenge of Champions!" An announcer booms. "Down in the ring is our referee, @MacThorstenson! Entering on the left of the arena is Mace, a Feruchemist! And in the right we have Rhazien Voylderyrin, a Elsecaller of the 3rd ideal and an awakener of the first heightening!"

The arena is large spacious circle. Mace and Rhazien square up with Mac between them. 

"Let's review some of the rules. There will be no instance or circumstance where you will be allowed to kill the other. You will be allowed to maim the other combatant as long as you do not deal life threatening injuries. You are not allowed to leave the arena in at any time during the battle, shadesmar being the exception as long you do not leave the arena in the Cognitive realm. The match will only end once one of you yields. One will forfeit combat if either you break any of the rules."

Rhazien shook his opponent's hand. "May the best combatant win, friend"

"The same to you." Mace replied, firmly gripping Rhazien's hand. 

"Fighters ready yourselves!" Mac declared. 

Rhazien fell into flamestance, his inkspren, Atha, formed into a shardblade. Rhazien breathed in stormlight. The pair of them ha been give enough power to finish the match. 

"And so the match begins!"

I have some quick things to say. If anyone, other than @Mraize @Archer or @MacThorstenson, would like to make a comment please make it a different color than black or put it in a spoiler/quote. 

Please and thank you. 

@Archer You may go first, out of the deepest sincerest part of my heart. :P

Final character description. 

Spoiler

Name: Mace

Investiture: Feruchemist (doesn't have any God Metals. The only Higher Metal I have is gold. I think having Chromium would be too OP

Physical characteristics: 200 cm tall, 31 y/o, dusty grey hair, dark brown eyes, koloss-blood.

Parentage: Illegitimate son of a full koloss-blood (father) and a Terris (mother).

No spouse, children, or siblings.

Home planet: Scadrial

History: After being abandoned by parents, I was raised in Elendel by a crew who specialized in document forgery and theft. It was with them that I learned to read and write. I became a competent criminal over the next few years, but, upon conversion to the Path, I left the group to find more honest work. I worked as a soldier in the city from the ages of 18 to 23, where I met a Worldhopper with whom I became cosmere aware. I became an avid traveler after that, only settling down for a stint when I was 28 when I worked for a carpenter. I left after less than a year, but the experience did result in my uncanny ability to find weak-points in wooden furniture and exploit them. In other words, I’m very good at knocking down doors. I deal well with pain, but am prone to seeking revenge. I have schizophrenia, which effects my actions and emotions somewhat randomly. 

Rhazien sighs, closing his eyes. Childish he thinks. He lets himself dip into Shadesmar. When he returns he standing in a pile of rubble. "Missed!" He taunts. He sucks in more stormlight. In a blink, he appears right in front of Mace. "Hey, no running away!" He says attacking Mace with his shardblade, in a flurry of blows.

He who fights then runs away, lives to fight another day, I think. Luckily I grabbed some dust from the ground earlier. I throw it at Rhazien' s eyes, before ducking inside his guard to grab at his legs to trip him up. 

Edited by Archer
Wrong name

Rusts! I can't let that blade touch me. I don't know how well I can heal from a wound like that. Tapping my steel reserves for an extra boost of speed, I dodge the slice, countering with a punch to my opponent's chest using Pewter for strength. 

That punch hurt. A lot. But pain was soon dulled by adrenaline. Confused why the man hadn't been killed then and there, I stop for a half second to think. My zinc enhanced mind soon understood, then came up with a plan. The first step was to ensure he couldn't awaken my clothes. That's easy enough to prevent. I ripped off my tunic and tossed it aside. Then I started drawing on my reserves of weight, tripling my already considerable bulk. 

Not sure if I should get a surprise advantage for that move or not... 

With a cry of determination, I charge at Rhazien. My eyes lock on his legs. One good hit and he'd topple like a house of cards. When I get close, I eye his knees in prepa- suddenly I push off the ground. But instead of going down, I push upwards, skimming weight briefly to help me get higher. I clasp my hands together to smash down on his skull. One touch and it's over, I think to myself. 

While we're waiting for Mraize's move, I'm curious if anyone would object to using this attack:

Spoiler

Burning. We've seen people use brass to store heat, then draw on it to maintain an ideal body temperature in a cold environment. But what if they drew on an excess amount of heat? Enough heat so that their hands scald their opponent when they touch their skin. It would have much worse effects on the Feruchemist, but they could tap gold to heal themselves. If no one objects, I'd like to try it on Rhazien. 

The blow connects with Rhazien's so solidly thr he accidentally sends himself to shadesmar. He stare at the sky, unable to feel any his body. He was able to move but unable to feel. The blow had done some serious damage. He allowed his storm light to heal his brain before returning. He retrieve his breath and threw his cloak, one very similar to a mistcloak at an unsepecting Mace, whom he stood behind. Just before the fabric left his hands he cried, "bind things!"

The tendrils of the cloak enveloped me. Bits of cloth started grabbing my limbs, others squeezing my ribs. I thrashed about in confusion, falling to the ground and rolling about. 

I have no idea if this would work or not.

I tapped my brass metalmind. Almost all of it, used up in a few fleeting moments. Hours and hours of stored heat were released into my body. My body became very hot, hot enough to ignite the cloth. With a scream I tapped health to keep myself alive. The cloth began to smolder, then burn - enough that I could break free as I writhed. By the forgotten Gods! That's used up most of my gold reserves. 

Edited by Archer
corrected tense

"Stormfather!" Curses Rhazien. Fifty if his breath gone almost instantaneously. He growled. Attempting to put out the flame with soul casting. But instead turned the remnants of the cloak, parts that still clung to Mace, to stone. Rhazien cursed again and charged the man, as his shardblade formed into his hands. 

I found myself wrapped in what felt like dark stone vines. My legs felt weighted down, but I managed to wrench my arms free. Gritting my teeth, I started ripping the rock off my body, throwing them atop the burning cloth. The stones caught fire. Apparently they were coal. With a burst of speed, I scattered more of the rocks about, making a small field of burning coals around me as Rhazien closed the gap between us

Edited by Archer
missed a word