Poland - Warsaw and Krakow events 18/21 March

Extesian

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

unkeyed goldminds in hospitals in the future - very likely.

Just for clarity. Are you sure he said unkeyed and not unsealed?

Anyway thanks for the report... It's really a juicy One. I am a bit confused about the Allomantic Strenght...But probably Soon we will find a sense to it

3 minutes ago, Yata said:

Just for clarity. Are you sure he said unkeyed and not unsealed?

No, I'm not sure. As I said, I'll run those things through @Kanrei's notes and record and then, if we are not sure, I'll try to find the person who asked that (I think he is in our FB group so that won't be a problem hopefully).

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

Wait wait wait wait wait. 

[redacted] was exactly how SA and the Cosmere ends? Am I understanding correctly? 

Bevause holy hell what the storming everloving expletive expletive expletive. 

RAFO!

9 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Lol. RAFO will answer how they end but not if that's what Brandon told you. 

It was either related to the endings of Stormlight and cosmere, partially revealed them or was the whole thing. Can't say more :<

Edited by Oversleep

So much of interest! One thing that jumped out at me

Survival Shard... it was wise decision [to get away from all of that]

Depending on whether 'wise' was exact wording, could be a deliberate way of saying the Shard is Wisdom, which was already my favorite for this (or Caution, but Wisdom makes more sense now).

On 3/18/2017 at 3:59 AM, Blightsong said:

Im irrationally jeleous.

Any highlights from the questions you can share?

As a lover of spoilers who (living in the Philippines) will probably never attend a Sanderson signing, I'd say I am rationally jealous.

I am very, very happy that Vivenna is alive. Can't wait to find her! :)

19 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Q: Allomantic strength. There are stronger Allomancers, they can burn metals faster, right?
A: Yes, they can also squeeze more power out of it. They can use it more efficiently.
Q: So there is some loss of power along the way? How do savants work into that?
A: Savants can use it way more efficiently.
He also said they are more Connected to the Shard. (So savants do increase their Connection to Preservation)

Stormlight Archive - the name means an archive of books (summoning @Kanrei), something like the ten books, the actual in-world books?

EDIT: I don't have it in my notes (since we already knew that already) but Hoid is not in Edgedancer but Lift referenced him. So now we are 100% sure he is the man that was eaten that Lift remembers.

Actually about savants said that they are even more efficient and closer to Spiritual realm.

My questions were:

Q: Can Cosmore magic heal illness like depression?

A: It can heal physical stuff, like hormonal imbalance in brain, but if there are psychological reasons then it wont help

Q: Is "Stormlight Archive" reference to any inworld or inCosmere place or item?

A: No, it just archive of ten books which all have titles based on inworld books, but no Archive or something like that on world.

Q: Will there be love triangle between Adolin, Shallan and Kaladin. (It was mostly fun question and small hope that he will say spoilers and give me RAFO card ;P, I guess I should ask about Yolen or Dalinars wife for that)

A: Sanderson - not rly love triangle, more like confusion of teenagers about fact who they are attracted to.

Questions of other people which Im quite sure that I noted right (they are not rly verbatim but close):

Q: About Oathbringer cover and Jasnash flying there
A: In that scene in book Jasnash does not fly. Its artist imagination what we see on cover.

Q: Is Hoid in White Sand?
A: Answer to that will become obvious as story progress.

Q: What Sanderson consider magic in his book?

A: Its stuff which break our general laws of our physics, so generally new physics

Q: If single Parshendi were to be born and raised on other planet then Roshar, would he still hear Rhythms?
A: Sanderson asked if person asking mean global Rythms or Parshendi specific ones, she said global. He said that yes, that Parshendi would hear Rythms because its something which permeate whole Cosmere, but on Roshar manifest in specific/different way.

Q: Are there animals in Shadesmar?
A: yes but not what you think.

Q: Could Elantris be made with different Aon.
A: Yes, it could be made in another place.

Q: General question about Vax, which Sanderson misunderstood as Wax and started answering that at start era2 series didnt have Wax at all and was focused on Wayne.

Q: At Edgedancer climax Nale see Parshending transformed by Everstorm and fly away. Then we see Lift eating pancakes. What did happen with that Parshendi/Voidbringers and why there is no mention ?
A: Sanderson said something that he didnt want to make things confusing in Edgedancer, and it will be explained in Oathbringer what did happen.

Recording isnt great but actually better then I thought it will be (most questions is missing but I can hear a lot of Sanderson answers) and Im slowły working on that and will send what I got to Oversleep.
Big thanks to Sanderson himself for that, because I think he was talking louder and more clear so me and Oversleep can hear answers

Edited by Kanrei
Clarification that only first 3 questions are mine, rest are from other people.

3 hours ago, Kanrei said:

Q: Can Cosmore magic heal illness like depression?

A: It can heal physical stuff, like hormonal imbalance in brain, but if there are psychological reasons then it wont help

Great questions Kanrei :)

This one, he mentions magic would heal hormonal imbalance so it got me thinking, would autism be considered as a "hormonal imbalance"? My other thought obviously went to... huh... women's problems :ph34r: and I must say, I now envy Jasnah/Shallan :ph34r: This being said, I now wonder about Radiant pregnancies because this is one serious hormonal imbalance... 

3 hours ago, Kanrei said:

Q: Will there be love triangle between Adolin, Shallan and Kaladin. (It was mostly fun question and small hope that he will say spoilers and give me RAFO card ;P, I guess I should ask about Yolen or Dalinars wife for that)

A: Sanderson - not rly love triangle, more like confusion of teenagers about fact who they are attracted to.

Alright, good thinking of asking this, once again as this answer speaks more than previous ones we have gotten. In the past, he told us he wasn't found of "traditional love triangle" which didn't say much. Here, we actually have an answer: no love triangle. No Shallan pinning on both Kaladin and Adolin at the same time, but probably Shallam wondering who she loves which isn't quite the same thing. It might be applied to Kaladin to as he is likely to wonder about his feelings towards Shallan.

I feel sorry for Adolin, always stuck in the middle with people trying to use him on all front. Will he ever have his word to say? That's what I would ask.. Within the "love triangle" in between Shallan, Kaladin and Adolin, will Adolin's thoughts/feelings actually matter or is he a complete slave to the other two whims?

Edited by maxal

Q: What happened to Vivienna?

She's looking for Vasher. Keep your eyes wide open when reading Oathbringer.

I really like this WoB. It seems to imply that Vivenna is currently on Roshar. This might give us the opportunity to find out whether anybody from Nalthis can use the investiture present on Roshar, if that can be done only by the Returned. 

If she's really on Roshar, it will mean that she is a Worldhopper. Is she also a member of the 17th Shard? 

1 minute ago, maxal said:

Great questions Kanrei :)

This one, he mentions magic would heal hormonal imbalance so it got me thinking, would autism be considered as a "hormonal imbalance"? My other thought obviously went to... huh... women's problems :ph34r: and I must say, I now envy Jasnah/Shallan :ph34r: This being said, I now wonder about Radiant pregnancies because this is one serious hormonal imbalance...

I was talking with Sanderson a bit about that, as I mentioned that I struggled with depression myself and know about it and wondered if it can be healed in cosmere, because well Kaladin wasnt healed.
He said something like that - that it would depends on what caused depression. If its caused by physical problems, then magic can heal that physical problems, with hormonal imbalance in brain as example, but it wont heal depression caused by our mind, how we see world etc (he asked here if I got what he mean and I said that yes).

6 minutes ago, maxal said:

Alright, good thinking of asking this, once again as this answer speaks more than previous ones we have gotten. In the past, he told us he wasn't found of "traditional love triangle" which didn't say much. Here, we actually have an answer: no love triangle. No Shallan pinning on both Kaladin and Adolin at the same time, but probably Shallam wondering who she loves which isn't quite the same thing. It might be applied to Kaladin to as he is likely to wonder about his feelings towards Jasnah.

I feel sorry for Adolin, always stuck in the middle with people trying to use him on all front. Will he ever have his word to say? That's what I would ask.. Within the "love triangle" in between Shallan, Kaladin and Adolin, will Adolin's thoughts/feelings actually matter or is he a complete slave to the other two whims?

In answer he didnt mention names. I was a bit stunned that I was actually getting answer that I didnt dig deeper (plus I was quite nervous).

4 minutes ago, Kanrei said:

I was a bit stunned that I was actually getting answer that I didnt dig deeper (plus I was quite nervous).

Lol. We understand. Actually, I think you managed to get a lot of important answers from him. 

3 minutes ago, Zennix said:

Lol. We understand. Actually, I think you managed to get a lot of important answers from him. 

Oh no, I asked only 3 first questions.

Rest is from my notes, questions of other people which I noted and Im sure I got them right.

I will edit my post to make it more clear.

Edited by Kanrei

28 minutes ago, maxal said:

This one, he mentions magic would heal hormonal imbalance so it got me thinking, would autism be considered as a "hormonal imbalance"?

I second @WeiryWriter's answer to this. Speaking as someone with Asperger's syndrome (a kind of high-functioning autism), I can say with certainty that it is a fundamental part of my identity: it's absolutely not something that I would want to be "cured" of, even if you were to pay me for it. At the end of the day, all it really means is that I think differently to how most people do, and that's not a bad thing.

28 minutes ago, maxal said:

It might be applied to Kaladin to as he is likely to wonder about his feelings towards Jasnah.

What on Roshar makes you think that Kaladin will have feelings towards Jasnah? They seem completely unsuited for each other. Jasnah is, A) too old for him, and B ) far too much of a traditional lighteyes for him to be interested, surely.

Edited by BlackYeti

22 hours ago, Rasarr said:

Q: Can you slatrify sand into other liquids?

A: *thinks a moment* I admit that slatrification is one aspect of Sand Mastery I'm the least fond of, because it doesn't mesh well with the rest of Cosmere magic. The comicbook writers are working with my original script, with very minor changes, but if we ever release White Sand in print - which we might do - I might end up changing it. So - I won't answer that, because I'm not yet sure if slatifying into water is possible. *laughs* You can think of the comic as sort of in-universe story about those characters, then.

Q: Why don't Daysiders have darker skin? 
A: It's just how genetics on Taldain have played out. They should be darker-skinned, but there's always some randomness to genetics, so this is just how they played out in this case.

These two were mine. About slatrification he said that if he ever writes the novel (oh pretty please) he'll make slatrification an in-world legend. About dark skin on Dayside, he said that the fact that they don't have it  is a random factor, and that they should. I'm assuming it must be because there was too little time for natural selection. He also said that there is much more UV light on the Darkside. From astrophysics point of view, the UV levels should be quite similar though. I wanted to ask if Shardic power is involved but I forgot. Not the only thing I forgot :lol:

Other questions I asked:

Q: Do other cognitive shadows outside Threnody have to avoid silver?
A: RAFO 

Q: did Reod affect IRE? 
A: (don't remember the exact answer, maybe @Oversleep written it down?) It did in some way.

Q: Were Yolen dead gods some kind of pre-Adolsium shards? (I meant if Adonalsium wasn't actually first in cosmere, if he was maybe a super-shard kind of the way Harmony is) 
A: RAFO on Yolen... but no. Before the shattering there were no Shards, so these Gods are something different. 

Edited by strumienpola
I've written in on the phone and it had some issues :P

1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

What on Roshar makes you think that Kaladin will have feelings towards Jasnah? They seem completely unsuited for each other. Jasnah is, A) too old for him, and B ) far too much of a traditional lighteyes for him to be interested, surely.

:lol::lol::lol: That's because I meant Shallan.... I have been typing Jasnah's name too often in the book cover discussion :o:ph34r: I'll edit the post.

Thanks for the explanation on autism, I did wonder, based on this WoB, if Brandon would consider autism as a hormonal imbalance. I didn't mean I wished for Renarin to be healed, but I wondered if thus was the perception of the author. Glad to here it doesn't seem to be the case.

4 hours ago, maxal said:

My other thought obviously went to... huh... women's problems :ph34r: and I must say, I now envy Jasnah/Shallan :ph34r: This being said, I now wonder about Radiant pregnancies because this is one serious hormonal imbalance... 

Pregnancies or periods are not pathological, so "healing" it would make absolutely no sense. What's more I would actually say that these processes need an extreme hormonal balance to happen. In before: puberty and larvae moulting also doesn't count :P 

Edited by strumienpola

15 minutes ago, maxal said:

:lol::lol::lol: That's because I meant Shallan.... I have been typing Jasnah's name too often in the book cover discussion :o:ph34r: I'll edit the post.

Thanks for the explanation on autism, I did wonder, based on this WoB, if Brandon would consider autism as a hormonal imbalance. I didn't mean I wished for Renarin to be healed, but I wondered if thus was the perception of the author. Glad to here it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hormonal imbalance was just example of physical cause of illness, that magic can heal illness with physical causes, but not psychological ones (like some kinds of depression).

So yea, in case of autism, I guess it depends if that is first considered as illness, two if cause is physical or psychological.