Byu Cosmere Club

Does anyone live more northerly?  Like, Davis County?   :)  just wondering.  I only know one other person (in person) who talks about the mysteries of the Cosmere.

( Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this ! )

I'm in Bountiful, but my work schedule is not conducive to meeting very often.

Well, kind of. It's not an official club, but we meet up once a month and eat pizza and chat.

That sounds like a great time!  I wish I was coming back to BYU in the fall so I could be a part of it.  But I'm staying home until I leave on my mission.  

I am going to visit in October for General Conference and the Shadows of Self release.  We should totally do something then!  

Well, probably easiest would be to just meet up at the Shadows of Self release party. There'll be people there for a week before waiting in line. It's a nice chance to meet some people from 17th shard that you haven't seen before in real life. 

Then we may be meeting together at the end of October. Maybe not. We'll see what we decide about it eventually.

For the Words of Radiance release, they numbered everyone on Monday morning, and let them all go.  Then everyone came back at 10pm for the release party, and they didn't lose their spots in line.  It was really convenient because I slept outside the bookstore on Sunday night, but then I was able to go to my classes on Monday.  

If they do it like that for the Shadows of Self release, maybe we should all meet up for lunch or dinner on Monday.  

7:00 in the JFSB at BYU. Go ahead and go to the lobby (there's some tables behind the big spiraly staircase), and we'll then migrate to somewhere else.

Lyssie, I might be there early, but I really need a shower first. I'll do it quick so I can come help though.

So we had a great time, we played Cosmere against Humanity, (which was a blast), ate pizza, and rather enjoyed ourselves! 

The next meeting is going to be September 15th, a tuesday, at 7:00. Then we probably won't do anything for Shadows of Self- we'll just have fun with the people waiting in line! 

• 2 weeks later...

Noooo! Slowswift, you will be missed. 

And yes, people do camp out for a week. It'll only be about a dozen people or so that are there long before hand, but they mostly do it to get a low number. Brandon signs and numbers the first 1000 books that are released, and 500 are sold at Sam Weller's (which you can order by phone or online? I think?), and 500 are sold at the Bookstore. I don't think the bookstore's ever sold out, but I haven't been there the past few years. 

You have to stay in line nearly constantly in order to save your spot- you can leave for an hour or two, but then you have to come back or your spot is forfeit. 

The Bookstore will give everyone who's in line on Monday morning at like 8:00 a ticket saving their spot in line. People will go off and do things, and then come back for the release. 

So Brandon will come early to the release (like at 7:00 or something), and will sign & number the first 500 books. Then, at like 11:00, the bookstore will let people in and they'll have some contests (costume contest, some mini games, raffles, etc). Brandon will also do a Q&A. 

Starting at midnight, the bookstore begins to sell the books, and those who are happy go home, but if you want it personalized by Brandon and want to meet him, you can get into a second line to do so. They'll still be minigames and such going on.