Master List of Origins™: the Ultimate Nationality Thread

Aether

Nya Ellir, upvote for you. Mainly for your profile pic. It definitely explains why the handle of Sailor Jerry's that I usually keep on hand has been missing... Well, the bottle isn't missing but the delicious contents are. 

Also, I just read that Terisan is a fellow Desert Rat. Phoenix, if the post tells true. 

Edited by BreathTaker

I just... why Asia?

Because of the legend of the Gordian Knot.

I made a joke earlier about your knotted tongue and suggested Alexander's method of untying it (chopping it up with a sword, though the accounts differ).

It was a somewhat esoteric reference, I suppose, but it was prophesied that whomever untied it would be destined to rule over all of Asia, which Alexander the Great did (almost, somewhat).

Edited by Aether

I never introduced myself on the greetings subforum, so I might as well do it here and now :P

It's difficult to pin down where exactly I live in England, since I spend half my time at university, and the other half at home, but for the sake of simplicity, put me down for the South of England (or near-London, since it's pretty much just an hour's train away from both my university and my actual home).

I never introduced myself on the greetings subforum, so I might as well do it here and now :P

It's difficult to pin down where exactly I live in England, since I spend half my time at university, and the other half at home, but for the sake of simplicity, put me down for the South of England (or near-London, since it's pretty much just an hour's train away from both my university and my actual home).

Welcome! And finally a Brit I can ask directly!

Wyrmhero, would you prefer to have separate categories for England, Wales, Scotland and North Ireland, or can I just jumble you all together under United Kingdom as I am currently doing?

Welcome! And finally a Brit I can ask directly!

Wyrmhero, would you prefer to have separate categories for England, Wales, Scotland and North Ireland, or can I just jumble you all together under United Kingdom as I am currently doing?

Well, the way things are going, Scotland might object to that...

Personally, I'd say use 'United Kingdom', and then people can specify which part they come from, but really, you're better off asking someone from Wales, Scotland or NI, since they're the ones who'll be affected by everyone assuming they're English, with all that implies :P

I'm from Bozeman, Montana.

And you will find your Map Pin as a lightning icon. Just because.

Master Aether, I have finished plotting the Sharders in your list in the map. Is there anything else that you require?

*places a plate of waffles on the table*

And you will find your Map Pin as a lightning icon. Just because.

I approve so strongly.

This is absolutely amazing. It's insane how far spred we are... Also, I might be of the loneliest pins in the U.S.

I don't know, I'm pretty lonely too :P

This is absolutely amazing. It's insane how far spred we are... Also, I might be of the loneliest pins in the U.S. 

I think the loneliest are the ones which are alone in a continent (Nya in South Africa, jasonpenguin in Antarctica, Leonardus in South America). We need more data since there are only 102 Sharders in this map.

Glad you approve of the icon, Chaos. I had fun making this out of Master Aether's list. :) 

Although it may seem obvious that I am a Bostonian I am actually from a town just south of the hub named Braintree, Massachusetts. Birthplace of presidents and revolutionaries. It probably makes more sense to you people that I come from such a place seeing as how I clearly belong in such esteemed company.

Aaah, you put me in the bad neighborhoods of Chicago! Bad Aether, bad. Update me to Skokie, IL if you must, it's more accurate than just Chicago.

It was my fault, Argent. 

Your pin had been moved to Skokie, IL.

the map looks awesome! great work!

Thanks, Pathfinder. It was Aether's List that did it justice.

Edited by Quitecontrary

Master Aether, I have finished plotting the Sharders in your list in the map. Is there anything else that you require?

*places a plate of waffles on the table*

Wow! I am somewhat swamped now-a-days and was trying to find room for this next week-end, but now I do not have to, and it looks great!

And as this is indeed a form of List, I am hereby anointing you to List Maker Apprentice. Great work, young Padawan!

Aaah, you put me in the bad neighborhoods of Chicago! Bad Aether, bad. Update me to Skokie, IL if you must, it's more accurate than just Chicago.

Well, technically, 'twas my Padawan that placed you there, but I have full confidence in her decision to do so. She probably had her reasons.

EDIT: Seems like she ninja'd me. Up-vote young List Maker for taking responsibilities!

Edited by Aether

Wow! I am somewhat swamped now-a-days and was trying to find room for this next week-end, but now I do not have to, and it looks great!

And as this is indeed a form of List, I am hereby anointing you to List Maker Apprentice. Great work, young Padawan!

Well, technically, 'twas my Padawan that placed you there, but I have full confidence in her decision to do so. She probably had her reasons.

EDIT: Seems like she ninja'd me. Up-vote young List Maker for taking responsibilities!

Master, I feel uncomfortable being called a Padawan considering that you are the Dark Lord of Batter, and so I must be called a Sith Apprentice. I have long desired this, being a staunch supporter of bitchcraft and hazardry. 

Well that was impressively fast. Took me probably 10 minutes to actually realize where to find the map and then I spent five more minutes kicking myself for not realizing its under your waffles. 

Feel free to partake of the waffles, Greenmonsta. Please just take note that since this waffle is called The Fifth Wafflement, meant for Master Aether, there are side effects.