Brandon read this at the Jordan Landing signing tonight. He read the entire inturlude.  It ends with

Ym running untill he is out of breath and begains to except his death untill his Spern says no and calls for "light". Ym pulls a sphere from his pockt as the man in black seems to emerge from the shadows. Ym in his fear drops his sphere and then is killed with the Shardblade.

Edited by JcStoneDog

Brandon read this at the Jordan Landing signing tonight. He read the entire inturlude.  It ends with

Ym running untill he is out of breath and begains to except his death untill his Spern says no and calls for "light". Ym pulls a sphere from his pockt as the man in black seems to emerge from the shadows. Ym in his fear drops his sphere and then is killed with the Shardblade.

Not that I wasn't expecting this but I hate Darkness.

I'd be happy to transcribe the rest of the chapter if someone can get me a recording.

All right, so the OP has been updated.

It now contains the new Lift, Ym, Jasnah, and Kaladin readings. It does not have the second half of the Ym interlude, but if I hear anything more about that, I'll be sure to add it. Sorry that it took this long, but they're all in the right place now. Let me know if one of the links isn't working or something. They're also in, as far as I can tell, the same order they are in the book itself.

Also, wow. That's a lot of stuff, more than I thought we'd get. :D

Thanks for updating Windrunner.

Yeah, it is a lot, but I'm anticipating that Team Sanderson and Tor will start officially releasing the first few chapters, probably a chapter a month starting in December, maybe January to drive up pre-order sales. So we have more to look forward to as well. :D

Ooh nice!

Light, light, light! Fight the bad man with light.  Coolness!

Did you record it? Or Mi'ch or Josh?  Someone?

Sorry, I didn't since I thought he would stop at the same place as the other reading. He did say that WoR is now the same size as WoK and dont expect the next book any earlier then Fall 2015

Edited by JcStoneDog

Just a question.

In the reading he used any light power to attack "DARKNESS"or just grabbed the sphere ?

The way you narrated gived me the impression that maybe Ym used a "lightwaver" illusion to fake his dismiss. That would be nice =)

Edited by Natans

Just a question.

In the reading he used any light power to attack "Blackie"or just grabbed the sphere ?

The way you narrated gived me the impression that maybe Ym used a "lightwaver" illusion to fake his dismiss. That would be nice =)

Oh now that would be an awesome twist. As well as giving us some more glimpses into the nature of the surge itself. It would be kind of like Brandon to make us think one thing very obviously happened but it turns out later that it wasn't at all as implied.

Edited by deddinty

Just a question.

In the reading he used any light power to attack "Blackie"or just grabbed the sphere ?

Well it has been a few days now but I remember a few things distinctly from the reading

Ym excepting his death after he has grown tired. His Spern saying "no" and calling for light Ym drooping his sphere before the blade is thrust forward and the interlude ending with something very close to "and his experience ended"

Edited by JcStoneDog

Well it has been a few days now but I remember a few things distinctly from the reading

Ym excepting his death after he has grown tired. His Spern saying "no" and calling for light Ym drooping his sphere before the blade is thrust forward and the interlude ending with something very close to "and his experience ended"

Sorry to botter, but just one more question you can remember if the sphere are infused or not ?

Just for future reference, it appears that Brandon reads a little bit further each time he re-reads a section of the book. If he appears to be reading something that was already read, it might be a good idea to record it anyways if you brought the equipment.

What we have of the Ym interlude is on the first page. Some additional information was paraphrased from later readings that were not recorded.

For the entirety of the Lift interlude, follow the link to the ShardHunt at the top of the page right under the url bar. Latest News. Complete the Shardhunt and you will recieve a code and a URL which will allow you access to the Lift interlude as well as other samples that have been reserved for the Steelhunt.

Good'luck'

Edited by Gloom