Clarification of Scardinal facts and opinions.

Sheridan_rd

I'm writing a story (fanfiction) that has elements of Mistborn present.  I have a few theories (headcanon) in need of confirmation/debunking before I continue:

1) How long, chronically, is the Well of Ascension book?

2) How big is the Final Empire geographically? Specifically the walking distance between Luthadel and the Terris Dominance.

3) How long did it take a Kandra to gain sentient after receiving their Spikes?  How long did it take to learn how to replicate a body they eat?

4) Has there been a confirmed Allomancal/Feruchemical use for Lerasium outside of "making a mistborn"?

5) Has there been a confirmed effect of consuming Atium non-Allomancally?  (I've assumed Atium dissolves so fast in the stomach, because the body is absorbing the Investure similar to a Lerasium bead.)

6) Do Hemalurgic Spikes alter the DNA when they alter the recipient's Spirit Web?

Thank you for your time!

7 hours ago, Sheridan_rd said:

3) How long did it take a Kandra to gain sentient after receiving their Spikes?  How long did it take to learn how to replicate a body they eat?

Pretty quickly given what we saw in BoM

4) Has there been a confirmed Allomancal/Feruchemical use for Lerasium outside of "making a mistborn"?

no

5) Has there been a confirmed effect of consuming Atium non-Allomancally?  (I've assumed Atium dissolves so fast in the stomach, because the body is absorbing the Investure similar to a Lerasium bead.)

Also no

) Do Hemalurgic Spikes alter the DNA when they alter the recipient's Spirit Web?

It can, but won't always depends on how you use it, and how much.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Sheridan_rd said:

2) How big is the Final Empire geographically? Specifically the walking distance between Luthadel and the Terris Dominance.

We don't have exact numbers that I'm aware of but it's expected to take months of canal travel to reach the Luthadel from the more distant Dominances. So pretty big

Based on a small scene from Hero of Ages, it seems to take years or maybe even decades to first learn how to replicate. Gaining sentient minds seems to be almost instantaneous but a new Kandra wouldn't know any more than an infant would

Depends on what you consider canon. Strictly by the books, the answer is no. Per WoB though, there is a way to use it to access other inherent magic systems like Sand Mastery with it

On 10/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sheridan_rd said:

As per this post, the Final Empire is about the size of Europe

On 10/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sheridan_rd said:

Its alloys can make people into mistings, and alloying it with other God Metals can give people access to other magic systems. Becoming a Lerasium savant would make someone ascend to Preservation. I think it just strengthens someone's Connection to a Shard's Investiture.