Why sprens give respect to Harards ?

samsocial

TL;DR:  Opportunity.

They were the Chosen of Honor himself, and are still semi-divine in the sense of being at least as much Spren as human after all these years of being Cognitive Shadows. That's probably enough for some Spren to hold them in high regard (or pretend to for their own uses).  But Spren are a diverse people even within the different spren races, as RoW really showed off.  That particular herald being both reasonably functional and reasonably tractable probably made it a lot easier for certain spren to keep him on a pedestal.  They almost certainly would not have vernerated Jezrien the same way in his final days, even though he had more direct connections to the Honorspren & Windrunners, historically.

Heralds came far before the recreance. They broke the oathpact that's true, but I doubt the spren care too much about that considering they weren't concerned with the occupation of cultivations perpendicularly

Humans broke their oaths and harmed other spren. That's mainly what they're concerned about

1 hour ago, Phlipz1 said:

Heralds came far before the recreance. They broke the oathpact that's true, but I doubt the spren care too much about that considering they weren't concerned with the occupation of cultivations perpendicularly

Humans broke their oaths and harmed other spren. That's mainly what they're concerned about

I think it's a fallacy to treat them as any sort of monolithic society (or any SA race really, as that seems to be a central theme).  We have already seen division within just the Honorspren, and know that several other Radiant spren defied their people to Bond.  Just like we now know the opinions of the Singers and even the Fused themselves can vary quite a bit.  

The honorspren at least would not mind the broken oath as much as the work Kelek had done in the past.  Self sacrifice would probably appeal to them and they are less bothered by human failings.  Additionally humans regard the Heralds as paragons of honorable behavoir so that might play a role.  I imagine the highspren are somewhat less pleased, the inkspren would view them as useful sources of information, and the stonespren would try and give them pep talks.  Welcome.

Edited by Karger

12 minutes ago, Karger said:

The honorspren at least would not mind the broken oath as much as the work Kelek had done in the past.  Self sacrifice would probably appeal to them and they are less bothered by human failings.  Additionally humans regard the Heralds as paragons of honorable behavoir so that might play a role.  I imagine the highspren are somewhat less pleased, the inkspren would view them as useful sources of information, and the stonespren would try and give them pep talks.  Welcome.

Im not so sure, given that the Highspren still support Nale and have continuously.  Assuming they even know about the Herald's betrayal of Taln at all, which I dont think is common knowledge even among the spren. I think the general assumption is that the Heralds were damaged by Honor's death, not by their own choices.  The Big Bad Betrayal that seems to define spren politics is the Human's betrayal at the Recreance.