wow Alloy of Law sucks. Spoilers alert in case

urrutiap

On 04/10/2021 at 6:09 AM, urrutiap said:

original Mistborn Trilogy had more action in them than Alloy of Law. 

all that has happened in Alloy of Law is of Waxillium not doing a darn thing until he just happened to go that shindig party which that one gang of thieves showed up. 

The original books if feel have less action, mainly in the second and third. While i find the second era more action filled

Welcome to the Forums.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:51 AM, Rainybeet said:

I liked that it was more lighthearted than the first 3 books, especially the 2nd which reminded me of the Star Wars movies that got bogged down in Galactic Senate mechanations.

Why did you necro a two-year-old thread? Did you just happen to find it by search?

7 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

The original books I feel have less action, mainly in the second and third. While I find the second era is more action filled

Did you notice the dates and realize you are responding to an old thread and somebody that hasn't been active on the forum since last year?

They are unlikely to see your response.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's odd that people are rating the book based on how much action it had.

Alloy of law did not have a particularly large amount of action, but that's because most of the space has to be used to explain the new era.

The new era along with introducing feruchemists commonly and new allomancy makes this one of my favourite books. The end is awesome with the huge firefight.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, Frustration said:

I would rather read AoL than ES

I mean some people just don't like novellas/short stuff as much. Personally, I think that they're both great but I'm genuinely useless in these kinds of threads because of my immediate instinct to defend any of Brandon's works purely out of principle, which I know is silly but I get very defensive.

I think that the thing about Alloy of Law is that it's so different from the original trilogy that if you read it right afterwards it can be a bit jarring. The style and the plot is s completely different, when I first read it I was shocked. It definitely grew on me though. Slow moving books or books without much of a plot have never really bothered me. When the author is good, I just trust that something cool is coming and use the slow parts as a way to get to know the characters and the world. I guess the reason I like AoL is because it's a new take on an awesome world, but I understand if it's not somebodies favourite. It is a little bit sad that the world has changed so much. Reading Era 2 feels like saying goodbye to Era 1, which I never want to do because I love Era 1.