FOTT - Earth 2767

Spren of Kindness

17 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Well, I have this book..." Andante pulled out a book with a weathered green leather cover. "It's technically the one that does it."

Remembrance gazes at the book. A... book? How is this so?

Does your character happen to be from Diane Duane's universe?

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

3 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Does your character happen to be from Diane Duane's universe?

I believe Andante is from the Books of Beginning, her book being The Emerald Atlas, by John Stephens.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:25 AM, EchoOfThePlanes said:

The air near Andante ripples, signaling the manifestation of Remembrance on the material plane. With a small clap of displaced air and a snap of energy, Remembrance appears. It rears its head toward Andante, projecting a thought to her (and those around them, so they can hear): Not you? Who else is so?

Ely jumps. "What in the world are you?!"

On 8/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But apparently that's gonna take us a second, so while we're at it..." Ayia smirked at Queen. "Icebreaker time."

Queen could think of quite a few things she'd rather be breaking, but she sighed. It would be helpful for the group to ease the tension. "I'm fine with icebreaking. How do we do that?"

16 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen could think of quite a few things she'd rather be breaking, but she sighed. It would be helpful for the group to ease the tension. "I'm fine with icebreaking. How do we do that?"

"I don't know." Craven said, genuinely confused. "I don't see any ice around here, just dirt."

Edited by Matrim's Dice

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"I don't know." Craven said, genuinely confused. "I don't see any ice around here, just dirt."

"It's just a phrase." Queen explained. "It means clearing the tension to allow for people to get to know each other better."

4 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"It's just a phrase." Queen explained. "It means clearing the tension to allow for people to get to know each other better."

"Oh." Craven said. That didn't sound as fun. "I think I know everyone pretty good. I bet I could get everyone's names, if I thought for a few minutes."

50 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Well, we just come up with a few questions that everyone has to answer." Ayia tapped her chin. "I'm thinking... favorite color, favorite food, favorite person, hobbies or skills, and then anything else we can think of. For me that's orange, oranges, whoever I happen to be talking to at the moment, hitting things with metal sticks, and uhh... I guess I'm Fadran's ex." She smiled at Queen. "Your turn."

6 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance gazes at the book. A... book? How is this so?

Oh, sadly no, but it's a cool thought. Maybe I need to do something like that - glad someone other than me knows it!!!

"It's a book with the beginnings of the universe, that sort of thing."

20 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Ely jumps. "What in the world are you?!"

Not from this world. I am of Origin, Remembrance responds, misunderstanding Ely's figure of speech.

20 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

I believe Andante is from the Books of Beginning, her book being The Emerald Atlas, by John Stephens.

Ahhh, I see. I was close! Well, I was close in concept. :D

17 hours ago, Condensation said:

Oh, sadly no, but it's a cool thought. Maybe I need to do something like that - glad someone other than me knows it!!!

It's almost impossible for one of Ms. Duane's wizards to not be here. Quick! We need to find someone who knows the Speech!

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Kay, so..." Ayia leaned in towards Martin and whispered, "where are we going?"

@Spren of Kindness

"Outpost.  Figure out where we are, when we are, what's going on, maybe."  He shrugs.  "Probably get some new clothes too."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sounds like a plan."

Earth.

Okay, well technically, there are two characters, but they share a body.

It's complicated.

I'm tweaking a pre-existing character from a book series called the Magisterium. The main character has got to be one of my all time favorite characters. Like, top 20. And considering the fact that almost all the other favorite characters I have are Cosmere, that is saying something.

Here is the character sheet:

Spoiler

Name: Columbia Hunt (15)

Appearance: Messy short black hair, gray eyes, average height. Her left leg is shorter than her right leg, as she is crippled.

Skills: Magical skills, quick thinker, has an army of undead that she can control if she needs to.

Weaknesses: Is crippled, people try to kill her a lot, and she can't use her magical powers too much, or really bad things will happen to her.

Personality: Grumpy, sarcasitc, etc.

Backstory: Her backstory is ridiculously long and complicated. It will most likely come up as I RP.

Magical powers: Has control over fire, water, air, earth, and more recently, a void of chaos and souls.

Important Info: She shares a body with her best friend Erin Stewart. It's complicated.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:51 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, we just come up with a few questions that everyone has to answer." Ayia tapped her chin. "I'm thinking... favorite color, favorite food, favorite person, hobbies or skills, and then anything else we can think of. For me that's orange, oranges, whoever I happen to be talking to at the moment, hitting things with metal sticks, and uhh... I guess I'm Fadran's ex." She smiled at Queen. "Your turn."

"Blue, Zuppa Toscana, Fadran, healing, and Fadran is my person now." She glared at Ayia. "Done. Happy?"

Edited by DramaQueen

On 9/1/2021 at 5:15 PM, Knight of Iron said:

"Oh, cool! You don't look like a human—neither am I."

Remembrance projects a brief stab of amusement, its apparent equivalent of a laugh, and flicks its tail.

I am not human, I am Remembrance.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:07 PM, Condensation said:

You definitely were close in concept.

Well, I have experience with having more than one character in a thread...

I could do it. :)

That would be awesome! You know... Remembrance would recognize an agent of the One. I actually wrote down in my notes of Remembrance that the reason why it knows what humans are in the first place is because it stumbled across a wizard going through her Ordeal. I didn't say anything about it because no one asked, and since no one had a character from Duane's multiverse, I didn't think it applied to the roleplay. I have a very short summary of what happened between them, if you're interested.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes