Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

LG79/AN10 Night 2: Into Alethela
Things weren't nearly as quiet now, since many of them were no longer in dullform. Thane had found a stick, and was walking towards the back of the group, but he could still hear many people arguing towards the front. 
One particular argument started to get out of hands, coming to shouts and blows. Others went to go intervene, but Thane, being in workform, didn't really feel like getting involved. 
It was snowing, and the icy air still bit at Thane's carapace. Thankfully, they weren't too far from getting to the bottom of the pass. 
Then Thane heard a noise. A low rumble. He turned around, looking for the source of the noise. His eyes widened in fear. 
"AVALANCHE! AVALANCHE! EVERYBODY RUN!" Thane shouted to the rhythm of the terrors. He himself started sprinting towards higher ground. But the avalanche was coming fast, and there were some stragglers. Thane watched with his own eyes as Alb, one of the singers who had originally formed the group of rebels, tossed another singer out of harm's way, and was then buried in a rush of ice and snow. 
When the wave passed, Thane ran and started digging to try and get him out. But by the time he managed to do so, he was already dead. Thane sang the rhythm of the Lost, and several others joined in. 
For Alb, they would have to continue into Alethela. There was no time for extended mourning, as a highstorm was imminent, and they needed to find shelter. 
Freedom always came at a cost. Sometimes that cost was dear friends. The road to freedom was a difficult one. And he was sure that Alb would not be the last one to die. 
Not by a faint breeze or a stormwind. 
----
Magenta Albatross was exed! They were a Dullform Rebel!
Magenta Albatross (3): Rhino, Lion, Dragonfly
Chartreuse Penguin (2): Vulture, Flamingo
Ivory Dragonfly (1): Scorpion
Cream Tuatara (2): Heron, Albatross
Oxblood Beagle (1): Beagle
The village stash will be available again starting day 3. 
Player List

Spoiler

1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin- Elrin
6. Coral Swan Dullform Rebel
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuchsia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly- Kethri
12. Magenta Albatross Dullform Rebel
13. Mauve Crocodile  Dullform Rebel
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron- Chashen
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion- Atticus
18. Oxblood Beagle- Jalnor
19. Plum Rhinoceros- Edith

The night will end in about 23 hours, at 12:00AM 7/25/21. Be aware that day 3 might be a little late in coming, since I'll be coming home from church at that time. 

One additional note. While I did not put an activity filter in this game, instead hoping the rules themselves would encourage activity, I am going to start putting my foot down. From this point forward, unless you talk to me about it beforehand, if you don't post at least once a cycle I will get a pinch hitter for you. That's once every 3 days, that isn't too much to ask. Thank you for your cooperation. 

@Oxblood Beagle I understand wanting to soft Warform, but was there really no one you could muster enough suspicion of to vote for? Your vote is uninformative and potentially wasteful if it led to you being killed. All it would have taken was two or three opportunistic baddies. 

@Plum Rhinoceros I too have an irrational suspicion of Heron, but I've decided not to follow it because technically, I can't find anything wrong with their posts besides them suspecting good guy!Opal Lion.

Only nine votes, so we're trending in the wrong direction. 

I think fixating on ties is a bad idea. It's an essay excuse for baddies to move votes to set up their preferred kill. It should be something the people on with like two hours to go should worry about, not people halfway through the round. Better for everyone to name their preferred kill, then we can look at consolidation. The bad guys probably want mis-kills when they're easy, and ties when one of their own is in danger (or they feel like trolling). But that's just my personal take. 

Penguin just doesn't seem to die, huh. No offense, but your level of indecisiveness comes off as a baddie trying to withhold their vote for strategic reasons. I could draw conclusions about your not self presing, but I'd prefer not to give village credit for that when what I really want is to know if we're on the same wavelength. 

3 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

@Oxblood Beagle I understand wanting to soft Warform, but was there really no one you could muster enough suspicion of to vote for? Your vote is uninformative and potentially wasteful if it led to you being killed. All it would have taken was two or three opportunistic baddies. 

I still need to re-read the thread, but this cycle was confusing to me. Albatross was a choice that had slowly ramped up, meanwhile almost literally nobody gave a clear reason for voting Penguin. Maybe it was there, maybe it wasn't (or more likely it was D1), but Penguin looked like a simple "Not Albatross" choice. But it was a tie, and one I couldn't determine which way to break.

And then Albatross broke it themselves throwing self-preservation out the window, only to (jokingly or seriously, it's hard to tell with all these emoticons) revert upon seeing me vote. I found that strange.
Also I've got a complicated relationship with voting near the end of cycles. But that's just me.
I would also hope two or three opportunistic baddies jumping on someone who's made... I think 4 posts total would raise some eyebrows. I'll try to work on that some. Guess we all do.

Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services starting up. Thank you for subscribing to Lion 2.0! Press <SELECT> if you wish to receive customised messages! Today have a nice day!

Thoughts and reads/issues from past cycle:

3 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

And then Albatross broke it themselves throwing self-preservation out the window, only to (jokingly or seriously, it's hard to tell with all these emoticons) revert upon seeing me vote. I found that strange.

Why would that be strange? A well-discussed lynch is always best for the Village; the worst would be a poorly-discussed no lynch. I feel like it should be unsurprising that a Villager might decide having a definitive lynch result rather than us needing to repeat everything tomorrow again was better, but also took the chance he could save his own life and go after someone else he suspected/preferred dead more.

I'm having more difficulty making sense of this with Ross's gambit on ties as I agree with FlamingoDragonflyHeron and - I suppose, Ross's late post - ties benefit no one, but also not the Village. I'm currently reading it as an attempt to stir discussion or to see if anyone would call him out. Claiming that only Elims want ties and implying by extension that anyone who broke this tie would be Evil is a harsh step.

4 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

I think fixating on ties is a bad idea. It's an essay excuse for baddies to move votes to set up their preferred kill. It should be something the people on with like two hours to go should worry about, not people halfway through the round. Better for everyone to name their preferred kill, then we can look at consolidation. The bad guys probably want mis-kills when they're easy, and ties when one of their own is in danger (or they feel like trolling). But that's just my personal take. 

Don't disagree with this. That being said, I do get nervous when say, there's eight hours in the cycle left or so. I am usually concerned as it feels like those inhabiting the American timezone get on in the morning and then we have a last minute chaotic rush. But I ultimately agree with a stance Dragonfly has previously articulated - ties in the middle of the cycle are okay, ties at the end, no, so yeah I geddit.

Current State of Reads:

Spoiler

Village Lite With Soy Sauce

Spoiler

-Ivory Dragonfly

Significantly gut and toneread*, but also, nothing in their posts has given me especial reason to feel suspicious. Has made pertinent observations and appears to be genuinely trying to solve the game. 

-Amber Vulture

Weaker Village read than Dragonfly. I think someone in the previous cycle put it best: that Vulture went all out on me, and it became personal, and an Elim had a better play to make, a better way to ride that train, and a better way to situate himself than that. I also feel like once Vulture gave the impression he was all out on me, having also gunned for me in our group PM, Elim Vulture would've known that he would look really bad on my flip, so why get so involved/personally engaged with the train? It's a bad place for an Elim to be; you don't want to look culpable for Village death, unless I guess you're really charismatic. It's defeasible as it depends on Vulture's Elim profile, so I will give him a tentative Village read in my eyes.

Null+

Spoiler

-no one

help i have paranoia issues i was stabbed in the back

three times

by someone i trusted

and i don't feel okay anymore ;-;

Null aka Not Enough Information:

Spoiler

-Azure MouseFuchsia OstrichCharcoal Hyena, Indigo Weasel

-Note that Weasel has clearly been active behind the scenes - Scorpion refers to having gathered evidence that Weasel isn't Mavset-im right now. Technically Weasel could still be Mavset-im, just can't be a Mavset-im convertee. In any case, this likely suggests that Scorpion and Weasel have had a PM exchange.

Null-

Spoiler

-Cream Tuatara

That D1 Post That Gave Everyone Bad Vibes And Started This All. But also, seems relatively disengaged from discussion and reads on D2. May not necessarily be a sign of an Elim, but definitely not projecting Villager vibes.

-Melon Dingo

I go back and forth about this one. On the one hand, Villagers do make mistakes and I don't like to penalise Villagers for changing their minds or revising their beliefs in accordance with new evidence. I think that's what we all have to do. On the other hand, felt like Dingo picked a target, found it, and then just stuck on it a bit too much before getting prodded off. 

-Plum Rhino

Special case. I am having a lot of trouble trying to read Rhino and at various points writing this, put Rhino in Null+ and Null- (lol sorry) but I don't think strict null is the right place - Rhino has said enough that that category is just inappropriate and being lazy. Finally I'm just settling - for the moment - on Null-. Essentially, Rhino is fostering discussion which often gets you Village points (even if it doesn't guarantee being a Villager) and has made some helpful points. Those are my reasons for Null+. Yet I feel as though Rhino's opposition to Vulture was, in retrospect, a bit too quick, and - yeah okay this is gonna be awkward as hell because I'm saying this now. I stand by my claim that Vulture had better ways to position himself about me if he were Elim. Yet I feel like Rhino's 'lol bro this is you reaching' was reached too quickly - obviously I agreed with Rhino because I know my own alignment, but I feel as though given Village fog-of-war and the fact it's D2, Vulture's argument should've had some bite. Especially since Vulture did point out I was a Swan voter, and that my actions fit one kind of Elim profile. It's a combination of 'why are you so sure bro' and the fact that there was a lot of setting up of Vulture for failure that just reads weird to me I guess.

-Chartreuse Penguin

Very indecisive, which could potentially be an Elim refusing to commit, or just a very lost Villager I guess. (Yeah I recognise the irony in this sentence.) Still, the uncertainty alone means they belong in a null-type category. Similar disengagement to Cream Tuatara. Lack of a self-pres is interesting and more likely to be Village than Elim, but then again, Penguin wasn't really in concrete danger near the end of the cycle. As Ross pointed out, lack of self-pres could also point to an Elim knowing they have teammates to bail them out. I really boil this one down to the Elim team's profile - but all the same, I feel like there's very little reason to ignore self-pres as an Elim. Self-pres doesn't give that much info and doesn't require teammates implicate themselves, so generally-speaking I would take the lack thereof to be a bit more Village than Elim-indicative. The only reason why Penguin is down here is because Penguin was not really in a death situation and was able to log in around two hours before close, so had the chance to self-pres if necessary. Self-pres point ultimately should be ignored in my view.

-Mint Heron

A second special case. At this rate I should probably hive them off in a box with Rhino and have done with. Mint Heron generally reads Village to me in terms of helpfulness and observations: I'm just confused about the reasons for the Tuatara switch and it feels like (potentially) an Elim switching off what they knew would be a bad lynch. They phrase their switch off of Tuatara 

Elim Lite

Spoiler

-Amethyst Scorpion

Still negative toneread off D1, but reasoning for jumping on Dragonfly feels hasty, if a bit lazy, given the others who agreed with Dragonfly - if you're suspicious of Dragonfly, why not suspect (and vote on) Heron for doing essentially the same thing? Heron piled on yet another vote and explicitly phrased that vote as being for the purposes of avoiding a tie. Interested in Scorp's thoughts behind Weasel read.

Look, I recognise that I have an absurd amount of people as meh or negative reads right now. I think my paranoia mode is just in overdrive right now, but anyway I'll wait for some responses, sleep on it, have another think. I have not yet done any detailed voting or link analysis and my reads may further change when/if I do.

Also noting that I'm grateful our illustrious GM is taking a harder line on inactivity. Without the ability to flush lurkers out with a Village vigkill, lynching inactives tends to be a losing proposition for the Village (cf. the failure of the Contribution Crusade), which also makes it a rather uphill task. Thanks Steel!

4 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

So, on the one hand, I think everyone should vote. Reasons are obvious, and making it difficult to guess who is in warform is a bonus. But I just wanted to highlight that Stormform elims, too, must vote every day turn. I don't think something like this should be the basis for suspicion but I do think it's something to keep in mind. Loss of forms is last on Day OoA so both warforms and Elim Stormforms would absolutely vote - losing warform means losing your passive life, whereas Stormform is only a Nightly roleblock (Steel has said Day actions are by default not roleblockable by Stormform unless the text says so - I actually don't see any such text in the rules so @Steeldancer, possible to confirm no Day actions are roleblockable by Stormform, or did I miss something?) - putting on Stormform at Night and then losing it because you didn't vote in the day wastes your night action.

I feel like once we're in mid-to-late game, and gotten a better sense of the Elim team's disposition and strategic profile, it'll be easier to use this information.

P.S. Ross, if you're reading this - strong Drake vibes :eyes:

Thank you for subscribing to Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services! Please rate our service on the app~ 

Edited to add: Interesting actually that no nimbleform gemstones disappeared D1. IMO it does point a little to the strategic priorities of the Elim team.

Edited to add #2: Looked at the player list several times and still forgot Emerald Falcon. I'd put them under Null- for the time being.

Edited by Opal Lion

I do exist behind the scenes. Honestly, analysis is not, I feel, one of my strengths. I can notice things, but gut reads? *shrug* I'm not sure I know what they are.

So feeling like I need to make an analysis post tends to lead to procrastination. I'll do my best. Taking notes while I read the thread may help, it's what I'm planning to do later today once IRL responsibilities are finished.

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

One additional note. While I did not put an activity filter in this game, instead hoping the rules themselves would encourage activity, I am going to start putting my foot down. From this point forward, unless you talk to me about it beforehand, if you don't post at least once a cycle I will get a pinch hitter for you. That's once every 3 days, that isn't too much to ask. Thank you for your cooperation. 

Sorry! I was sick and slightly overworked. I could have said something but it would have just been me stating that with nothing to add as far as analysis goes. 

I should have more time now. 

I'll be reading the past threads and hopefully providing some analysis of what I feel is going on.

Sorry everyone!

Hi all,

Suggest that people vote more, write more and put in more RP, and generally obscure things better. I did some quick checks on a hunch and probably because I'm gonna enjoy grouching at Araris about this but:

• Recall that Warform and Stormform must vote every cycle: of all the people who voted today, we have moderate reason to reduce this to a pool of six players.
  • Recall that Scholarform must create a post of > 150 words each Day: of all the people who posted D2, we have moderate reason to reduce this to a pool of six players as well. I expect the Elim kill to potentially target this pool, especially where it does not overlap with the Warform pool.
  • Recall that Artform must create a RP post of > 100 words each Cycle: of all the people who have posted so far, we have a three player pool of Artform candidates, some of which overlaps with the Warform and Scholarform pools, meaning that the ability to work out any candidate within the pools helps us - and the Elims - narrow down who is in which form.

I hesitated to bring this up because I feel like it could be detrimental, but I am ultimately using open source information here. Anything I know, the Elim team can work out for themselves with a little elbow grease and the unholy powers of Google Sheets. Even worse, they know which of their own are in Stormform, and if any of their players are in this pool, then they can narrow it down even further.

This is why I was eh about roleclaiming talk on D1; it's really hard for players to keep this up consistently across the game, and I learned the hard way in LG7 that seemingly-innocuous reveals can come back to bite you in the pula later on. In this game, because of form restrictions, a lot of what we do oozes information. But I think this is worth flagging because if we want to provide cover for our Scholars especially, assuming these did go to Villagers (which is an assumption), then we all have to remember to do our bit. Kolo?

Thank you for contracting with Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services! Please rate our performance on the app~

1 hour ago, Opal Lion said:

Suggest that people vote more, write more and put in more RP, and generally obscure things better. I did some quick checks on a hunch and probably because I'm gonna enjoy grouching at Araris about this but:

•  

I have to say... I didn't even think about this but storms yeah. +1 to this whole post

Read list, because things are too quiet and I haven't been helping that much lately. This early in the game, there are going to be a lot of null reads.

Amber Vulture - Village lite. While I strongly disagree with the arguments they had made, I don't think an elim would use that tactic to go after a villager.

Amethyst Scorpion - Null/elimish. They haven't said a ton. One of their D1 posts seemed like an overreaction to a train forming on a poke vote, which could indicate an elim worried they'll be targeted for starting a train on someone who flipped village (or that they accidentally started a train on a teammate with a distancing vote).

Azure Mouse - Null/elim. They posted a single time on D1 and said they'd be willing to switch sides if given the chance and elims were winning. My elim lean might be more out of a distaste for the "win first" kind of attitude conveyed in that single post. I'd like to see more activity, or just let the filter take care of the question here.

Charcoal Hyena - Null/village. Hasn't said much in the last few days, but made some pretty good points D1. However, they did suggest claiming if you failed to get a gemstone which could be an elim trying to narrow the pool of possible targets.

Chartreuse Penguin - Elim lite. They've made a few villagery points at the beginning, but their ambivalence to the exe last turn still seems weird. See my reason for voting them last turn.

Cream Tuatara - Null/elim. Suggested claiming and then said what they were planning to do. Otherwise, hasn't posted much at all. Same as mouse, though they may be just active enough to avoid the filter.

Emerald Falcon - Elim lite. Probably opposite team as Tuatara, unless their first post was distancing. It feels weird that the reason they gave for not liking Tuatara's suggestion to claim is that claiming a thug role creates suspicion. Why is the worry about creating suspicion rather than narrowing elim targets?

Fuchsia Ostrich - Null/elim. Posted once on D1. Not sure I like their suggestion of not using Warform until later. That seems like possibly wasting gemstones if someone holding it gets killed. Or giving a chance for elim forms to destroy it before it gets used. Same as mouse, want more contribution or let a filter take over.

Indigo Weasel - Null. Has responded mostly to direct questions and comments, but not much outside of that.

Ivory Dragonfly- Village lite. Their suggestions and input seem honest villagery.

Melon Dingo - Null/village. I'm still a little suspect of them for some of their voting, but outside of that, there hasn't been much that's added substance to my suspicion.

Mint Heron - Null/village. Their contributions have been pretty villagery, and seem to be tunneling a bit on Tuatara.

Opal Lion - Village lite. I know I probably shouldn't, but I think I trust Lion the most. Their interactions seem honest and seem to be trying to help the village. Also, they're one of the more active players, which we need more of.

Oxblood Beagle - Null/elim. Their vote on themselves last turn was weird. Outside of that, I haven't seen anything that's glaringly elim or village.

Plum Rhinoceros - Village lite. Another like Lion, where I seem to trust them because they seem honest and are one of the more active players.

10 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I have to say... I didn't even think about this but storms yeah. +1 to this whole post

Adds up if people have been profligate with PMing on C1. Scorp essentially claiming having a gem and Scorp's claim w.r.t. Weasel rules them out of the pool given the assumption that players would use gemstones automatically. I've actually met the conditions for Artform, Scholarform, and Warform, but due to it now being known I made a PM and failed to get a gem on N1, verified by Vulture, Rhino, and Ross, Elims can safely cull me from the Warform/Scholarform pool. And so on. As the game goes on, I expect cover for Villagers in warform and scholarform to decrease substantially due to these pieces of information trickling out.

Not saying not to PM, just saying: be careful because information does leak, and due to actions economy, it's possible to make inferences about what players did, and what their forms are. In Elim hands, this could be dangerous, e.g. figuring out who to avoid wasting a kill on, or who could be the target of the Mavset-im unblockable kill. 

I don't expect it to be reasonably practicable to keep the information locked up forever, but I would prefer players make an informed decision / exercise awareness of information hygiene.

Edited by Opal Lion
Couldn't spell Vulture right OTL

The cold bit at him.

Danger, danger, danger, everything whispered. Dark dreams, dark tidings. Ross dead now. His fault maybe. He knew that if he inhabited any other form, the guilt would drown him but here it was only a distant sea.

Thane attuned to the Rhythm of the Lost. Atticus could not find it. A distant song at the edge of hearing. A light at the end of the world. But it was gone then and doused. 

They were sheltering again, waiting for the highstorm to hit.

Atticus remembered hiding from a highstorm. Waiting for rain. Song of distant thunder. Sound of the stormwall tearing past buildings. He remembered waiting for the end of the world. He did not know why. Dullform made it difficult to think, took away the edge. But still the memories swam through his head.

Some had taken warform. He wondered if they would be of help against the evil that lurked among them.

Either way, he thought,Mthere wasn't much he could do except to try to keep out of the way of the destruction.

He looked out towards where the cave walls opened and dreamed of storms, brewing.

[OOC: Thank you for subscribing to Lion 2.0 pinch-hitter services! Please don't forget to recommend our app to your friends with your unique referral code!]

PMVSPMYYBBMJYLYLRFXQNAECDGLOSNUM

I'm sorry about my inactivity recently. I was on vacation up until Friday night, was working on building a chicken coop all day yesterday, and now I'm going to be with my grandma and my aunt and uncle as well as my cousin's up until Tuesday unfortunately. I'm going to try to get one post per cycle in, but we'll see how things go.

17 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

P.S. Ross, if you're reading this - strong Drake vibes :eyes:

That's what I thought D1 to be honest

I'm legitimately disappointed I wasn't able to be online after my last post yesterday, because I would have switched off of Albatross, either to no one or Tuatara, because of Ross' post where he stopped self pressing. I get that it's pointless for me to say that though.

My reads probably have changed but I need to think about it. I'm going to be more careful who I vote for tomorrow.

Things from D1 I find notable:

Penguin slight vil

Tuatara: odd analysis, claimed trying for scholarform. No comment on elim roles because it will help them, except I disagree with that premise. Maybe a less experienced player? 

Tuatara: warform is sus. Depends on the situation-- you're forgetting the elim kill. That gives them one more kill. So yes it could be helpful, but I think you're missing some points. Slippery slope fallacy response to Heron. I'm getting an iffy feeling from you. (Note: I am glad that Scorpion moved off of me, as, for reasons not under my control, I could not get on until N1. I had realized I said technical difficulties, which was not correct, but kind of in a similar vein, but I'm willing to explain and/or blue text stuff. You know what why not now. I couldn't sign on on Monday, and then Steel had missed (:) you're fine) my GM PM.)

Mouse votes Tuatara 

I'm mildly sus of their willingness to convert 

TL:DR: Tuatara is giving me odd vibes, whether they're less experienced or elim or something else.

Mouse is also ehh to me.

I'll take a look at people as a whole later, using "ISO" and the blah parts of my notes that probably won't be helpful to share, as well as taking up a bunch of space. 

Edit: Oops formatting differences. This is what I get for taking notes on my notes app.

Edited by Indigo Weasel

LG79/AN10 Day 3: Attempted Murder
Kethri stood guard during the highstorm, sitting right outside the cave. Looking out, he didn't see the person sneak up behind him until it was too late. 
BAM, a blow right to the back of the head. He shouted in pain, and tried to twist to see who it had been. Thankfully, the extra armor of Warform had protected him, but it still hurt! The person disappeared back into the cave before he could see which of them it was. He rubbed the back of his head, and stormed inside. Somebody had it out for him, and he would find out who. 
---
Thane watched Kethri come in. He started shouting about how somebody had tried to kill him while he had been keeping guard. That got people talking real quick. Who had been missing? Who was the attempted murderer? Did that mean all the accidents that had happened so far, hadn't been accidents after all? 
Moirin called everyone together. 
"I've known for a while that there are some among us who seek to do us harm. We need to find them, and begone with them. If any of them would like to come forward, we'll deal with you more mercifully than otherwise."
Nobody came forward. Everyone looked around at each other, and most hummed the rhythm of Anxiety. But Thane could even hear one or two people singing the rhythm of Betrayal, and that stung. It was not often sung, and when it was it was a cruel thing. 
Thane quietly hoped they could resolve the situation quickly, and make good on their escape. They still had to cross most of Alethela. 
---
Ivory Dragonfly was attacked, but survived! 
Village Stash

Spoiler

Nimbleform Gem- 7
Workform Gem- 9
Mateform Gem- 5
Artform Gem- 4

Player List

Spoiler

1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin- Elrin
6. Coral Swan Dullform Rebel
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuchsia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly- Kethri
12. Magenta Albatross Dullform Rebel
13. Mauve Crocodile  Dullform Rebel
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron- Chashen
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion- Atticus
18. Oxblood Beagle- Jalnor
19. Plum Rhinoceros- Edith

The day will end in about 47 hours, at 12AM EDT 7/27/21. Additionally, if @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Azure Mouse, and @Melon Dingo do not post today they will either be removed or replaced, depending on how many pinch hitters I have. 

Immediate read: would class Dragonfly less as a control kill and more as a role/seek kill, but acknowledge the issue isn't clear-cut. Dragonfly has been active and helpful, read Village by a number of players, and most importantly, was on the short list of potential Warform and Scholarform players. WGG possibility should never be excluded and could plausibly be done to further fuel Dragonfly's Village cred in a gambit-happy Elim team but overall, I am - for the moment - sufficiently satisfied with my light Village read of Dragonfly that I don't find this a possibility I will place heavy credence on.

Feel that a WGG play centred on Dragonfly would also be a little odd, so there is that.

Current state of the stash:

More taken than Liam Neeson:

nimbleform
0 workform
0 mateform
1 artform
2 meditationform

Both mediationform gems gone. No current way of assessing whether these were taken by roleless or by Villagers, but we will likely have to watch out while voting today. Elims would do well to hold back one or two of their number D1 to gain absolute priority in collecting mediationform on D2. Could potentially see nimbleform claimed by Elims to be able to put in a NK and also PM, but Villagers, too, could make use of it so no comment. 

Another artform taken. Slightly less productive for an Elim in my view, given that it burns a night action, and there is little to be gained in terms of Village cred for it. But at some level this does become an IKYK.

No artform message in this write-up. Possibilities here but the only one I'm interested in discussing is a potential Stormform roleblock.

Five gems gone. Either more Villagers piled up with people trying to secure secondary gems, or some combination of people going PM-kayana and having actions or other things they'd rather do. Recall from D1 that ten gems were taken. Ignoring Mauve, and Swan doesn't count due to OoA, this gives us seven players whom - as Dragonfly pointed out - either failed to grab a gem, took an Elim gem, or didn't submit an order. Agree with the likely assessment that Mavset-im went for a gem as well just to drain the stash.

Out of the seven, we now know Ross failed to grab a gem, and I am claiming to have gone for warform D1 and failed. Ross was lynched D2, leaving us with a pool of six players without gems. In theory, this isn't too far off the mark for the five that have gone missing, especially if we consider a potential fight for mediationform. I don't see this as being terribly Village or Elim indicative as roleless players are given absolute priority for gems unless it comes down Village roleless versus Elim roleless, and then we have those pesky probability factors to puzzle out again. Would be nice to work out if Elims are making an aggressive play for the Village stash, but ultimately I think it's hard to reason this out due to the likely rush for meditationform gems.

Curious to hear thoughts on the issue though. 

Edited to add: Thank you for renewing your subscription to Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services! Please feel free to take a piece of candy from our service-counter~

Edited by Opal Lion

17 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

What types do you have? :)

Taste the rainbow!

All sorts of flavours!

You would not believe the number of times I have nearly Oops Awarded myself today.... My shame be hidden.

Okay. To start this off, I'm going to put a bit of pressure on Emerald Falcon. I'm interested in what your current take is; Scorp, given your views about Swan voters, I'm interested that you went for Dragonfly instead last Day. Why?

Thank you for renewing your subscription to Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services! Please remember to rate our service on your local Kholinar app store!