Hemalurgy Exploration

ReadAndFindOut

I'm curious how convoluted the Intent for making a Kandra Blessing in particular is. Like, if you know what a Blessing is, can you just basically think "I want this spike to have the same charge as a Kandra Blessing" as you're spiking someone? I doubt it, because then the Kandra would likely be able to make them themselves.

Only the Lord Ruler could make them... Is it just a knowledge barrier, or do you require Fullborn capability to be able to make Blessings? I have this weird hunch that you might need to basically make an unkeyed metalmind out of the charged spike in order to make it heavily Invested enough to make a proper, sentience-restoring Blessing... Could be totally wrong though.

Just now, ReadAndFindOut said:

It might not be that complex, as kandra were originally forbidden from killing a human according to the First Contact. That may have specifically been included in order to prevent kandra from making their own spikes.

Ooh, I forgot about that. You might be onto something.

I mean, if any being (other than TLR) is going to know the right Intent for a Blessing, it's gonna be a Kandra, right? What about Paalm? I think she made her own spikes, but those were Trellium and granted allomantic/feruchemical abilities, so I don't know if those qualify as "real" Blessings like the ones TLR made.

19 hours ago, StanLemon said:

In BoM, the Kandra make reference that Blessings have to be made in a very specific way and thus are difficult to recreate even without the...you know...murdering aspect. My guess is that each pair of Blessings need to be made simultaneously

Dude, this is a VERY good guess.

On 2/20/2021 at 0:50 PM, Raphaborn said:

Dude, this is a VERY good guess.

In which case you might be able to get away with it by making a spike specifically designed to be mechanically separable (e.g. split in two) and then charging it, then splitting it and shaping it into the right pieces for a Blessing

On 19.02.2021 at 11:18 PM, StanLemon said:

In BoM, the Kandra make reference that Blessings have to be made in a very specific way and thus are difficult to recreate even without the...you know...murdering aspect. My guess is that each pair of Blessings need to be made simultaneously

If this is true, I see similarity to other magic. Conjoiners need to be made by spliting Gem and Spren inside in very specific way. Kandra Blessings are Connected to each other much like two halves of Spren.