"I peeked out and saw the end of the world..."

I was told to move, to get inside the small cave hidden under a small village. I peeked out and saw the end of the world, my world. I saw flames destroying crops and the air caught in my lungs, hot and humid, always with the ash. 

I saw large sections of earth tear itself from itself and move. The waters churn and freeze. True air filling my lungs, the ashmounts a mere memory. I was told to move away, to stop watching the world change. Though I couldn't. I couldn't stop my eyes from screaming, I couldn't stop my lungs from laughing uproariously. Though I was settled with a damning notion

I may have lived through the end. But I also have to live through its beginning.

Edited by A Begger from Scadrial
Typo, am keen as beans to be here though.

4 hours ago, A Begger from Scadrial said:

I was told to move, to get inside the small cave hidden under a small village. I peeked out and saw the end of the world, my world. I saw flames destroying crops and the air caught in my lungs, hot and humid, always with the ash. 

I saw large sections of earth tear itself from itself and move. The waters churn and freeze. True air filling my lungs, the ashmounts a mere memory. I was told to move away, to stop watching the world change. Though I couldn't. I couldn't stop my eyes from screaming, I couldn't stop my lungs from laughing uproariously. Though I was settled with a damning notion

I may have lived through the end. But I also have to live through its beginning.

Nicely written. The imagery is gripping. Welcome to the the shard.

4 hours ago, midnight13 said:

Hello! Welcome to the shard!

:lol: I love that!

What’s your favorite Sanderson book?

4 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Welcome to the Shard! What’s your favorite cosmere character? 

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Favourite would be Well of Ascension as it had the most emotion out of all of the first trilogy (personal opinion of course)(although Mistborn:SH is a close second.)

My favourite character would be Spook, I really identified with him as I've never been too good with my diction :)

Edited by A Begger from Scadrial
Typo, sigh, there might be a lot of this :)

45 minutes ago, Honorless said:

What about Mistborn era 2 (Wax & Wayne)? And if so, did you like it?

Wayne has got to be easily my favourite in that era, one of the best descriptors of a method actor. 

Wax, I find to be a very well rounded conflicted character and sometimes it's hard to believe his heritage. (In regards to Breeze as his ancestor, I easily see Breeze in Suit) .

Overall I cannot wait for The Lost Metal. Or any Mistborn really. I bought the box set when I was younger and have been hooked ever since :)

What an entrance! Lovely post ^^ welcome, welcome! Hope you enjoy the rest of RoW! :D I can highly recommend listening to the podcast episode they release here after you’ve finished the book! Such a nice in depth analysis and discussion of what actually happened in the book!