Just now, Condensation said:

Zola stepped onto the pedestal again. She had to admit, this dress was a pretty colour.

The color is actually based on a RL eyelet fabric I have. My MIL is going to turn it into a sundress for my daughter. It is a very pretty color, but the camera keeps washing it out!

The seamstress quickly pinned the dress, then handed Zola the pink to try.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shot her a confused look. “Will not take this one then.” She handed Zola the green dress, before adding a roll of clover blue to her pile.

Aw, shush. :)

Zola went to put on the green dress, then came out and stood on the pedestal again.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Zola went to put on the green dress, then came out and stood on the pedestal again.

The seamstress quickly pinned the final dress. “I’m going to have to measure you now,” she told Zola. “So call me when you’re in your shift.”

”Will come too,” Eryn assured Zola. “Not leave alone.”

You are getting one dress that color: EE5FBE5A-E4A5-4081-AC2E-644C31DA8282.thumb.png.3752b835c4be7e15079f77dbe76e8ea0.png

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Unless you’d prefer I measured you here?” The seamstress asked. “I thought you might prefer the back.”

"Oh. Yeah." Zola hopped off the pedestal again and walked into the changing room. A moment later, she called out to Eryn. "Ready."

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Oh. Yeah." Zola hopped off the pedestal again and walked into the changing room. A moment later, she called out to Eryn. "Ready."

Eryn and the seamstress headed to the back. The seamstress knelt beside Zola and began making measurements. “So what are we getting?”

“Four cotton dress - two brown, two blue” Eryn said. “Four worsted dress - two green, two lavender. Four worsted tunic, four oilcloth, four cotton - two in each color.” The seamstress nodded as Eryn continued. “Two oilcloth pants - charcoal. Four worsted, same color. Four cotton - brown. Blush will be short fancy dress. Silk will be gown.”

The seamstress nodded, continuing her measurements. “I can have these altered by the end of the day. The tunics and trousers will take a day or two. The regular dresses will take about a week, not counting alterations. For the special ones I’ll need you to come back for fittings - especially the gown.”

Eryn nodded. “Is good. You are good seamstress.”

The woman blushed prettily. “Thank you! I try.”

In case you’re wondering: 8 regular dresses, not counting the three you’re getting now. 12 tunics, 10 pants, one party/church dress and one full gown.

29 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn and the seamstress headed to the back. The seamstress knelt beside Zola and began making measurements. “So what are we getting?”

“Four cotton dress - two brown, two blue” Eryn said. “Four worsted dress - two green, two lavender. Four worsted tunic, four oilcloth, four cotton - two in each color.” The seamstress nodded as Eryn continued. “Two oilcloth pants - charcoal. Four worsted, same color. Four cotton - brown. Blush will be short fancy dress. Silk will be gown.”

The seamstress nodded, continuing her measurements. “I can have these altered by the end of the day. The tunics and trousers will take a day or two. The regular dresses will take about a week, not counting alterations. For the special ones I’ll need you to come back for fittings - especially the gown.”

Eryn nodded. “Is good. You are good seamstress.”

The woman blushed prettily. “Thank you! I try.”

"That's a lot of dresses," Zola said. "Do I really need that many?"

32 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Val stands. “So... the speed bubble is down, does that mean you want me to leave now or can I stay here?” She asks, adopting her own imperial accent, seemingly out of habit.

@Kingsdaughter613

Kelsier shrugged. “Up to you. You’re not quite as insufferable as most Kandra.”

28 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Oh. Does that mean I'll need to change every day again?"

Eryn laughed. “Of course change. Cannot be dirty.”

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"But they don't get all that dirty," Zola mumbled. 

Eryn shook her head. “Playing. Running. Makes sweat. Not clean and not smell nice. Need change.”

She turned back to the seamstress. “Will also need four nightdress, ten shifts, ten undergarments, and many stocking to match dresses.”

The Seamstress nodded. “I have several of those items in stock and I can make more.”

Eryn nodded. “Will take when pick up new dresses.”

4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shook her head. “Playing. Running. Makes sweat. Not clean and not smell nice. Need change.”

She turned back to the seamstress. “Will also need four nightdress, ten shifts, ten undergarments, and many stocking to match dresses.”

The Seamstress nodded. “I have several of those items in stock and I can make more.”

Eryn nodded. “Will take when pick up new dresses.”

Zola let out a big breath. "Is that it, are we done now?"

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae tapped his feet against the hard stone floor and cringed as the echo resounded in around the quiet church. "Ummm, my name's Drae?"

“Why are you really angry at me Drae? Why do you prefer a dead god to a live one? You claimed to follow me when you thought I didn’t exist, but now that you know otherwise you lash out.

I’m not the one who caused your friendship to fall apart. I’m not the one who fled when your friends were taken. I am not responsible for your choices.

So tell me Drae, who are you truly angry at?

Gently, Kelsier rioted the other man’s guilt, allowing the confidence he’d instilled to fade.”

Many, many pages ago...

I’m aware, Kelsier sent. But that doesn’t answer my question.

15 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded. “Will go to front now. You dress.

”Will need bill,” she added, speaking to the seamstress. “Will pay when take items.”

Zola got in the gray dress she'd been wearing earlier. "Ready!" She said, much more energetic.