Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, AonEne said:

Not yet, I am waiting for a safer moment with less of an audience.

Spoiler

He's steel pushing it hard into the chair. It's essentially kicking the chair leg.

I can't make a chair fall over even when I kick one that has nobody weighing it down... :P but if you want, sure.

The chair leg buckled, and Marie fell off the seat. Surprised, Harmony let go, and Marie managed to get her hands beneath her and her pewter burning in time to catch herself and jump back to her feet. Her hood had fallen down, letting the lights skitter across her eyespikes for all to see. She spotted the new bit of metal moving quickly and Pulled it into her hand, then shot it back the way it had come. "Who did that?"

7 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He's steel pushing it hard into the chair. It's essentially kicking the chair leg.

Ladashwy heard a loud crash, and saw an inquisitor fall onto the floor. 

Am I hallucinating, or is that an inquisitor?

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The chair leg buckled, and Marie fell off the seat. Surprised, Harmony let go, and Marie managed to get her hands beneath her and her pewter burning in time to catch herself and jump back to her feet. Her hood had fallen down, letting the lights skitter across her eyespikes for all to see. She spotted the new bit of metal moving quickly and Pulled it into her hand, then shot it back the way it had come. "Who did that?"

Adilie drank a duralumin flask in case she'd have to take Marie over

"Ok, which idiot didn't listen when I asked about an Inquisitor and thought it'd be funny to make Marie fall of her chair?"

9 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Adilie drank a duralumin flask in case she'd have to take Marie over

"Ok, which idiot didn't listen when I asked about an Inquisitor and thought it'd be funny to make Marie fall of her chair?"

Ladashwy jumped. The metal sphere HAD come from her direction, and it was possible the inquisitor (the lady said her name was Marie?) might think it was her.

"It was not me. I can not steel push." She began burning tin. If anyone here was a seeker, they would be able to verify that.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy jumped. The metal sphere HAD come from her direction, and it was possible the inquisitor (the lady said her name was Marie?) might think it was her.

"It was not me. I can not steel push." She began burning tin. If anyone here was a seeker, they would be able to verify that.

Adilie tapped her duraluminmind to increase her connection with the woman, so that she feel like she could trust her, and so that she'd be familiar enough with her to see whether she lied

"Can you look at me straight into the eyes and say it wasn't you?"

Others spoke around her, and Marie bared her teeth, flaring strength. She wasn't sure why Harmony hadn't already stepped in, but she wasn't about to waste this opportunity. She had no time to savor it; this would have to be quick. Snap the neck or crush the head, she decided, and started zeroing in on who was burning steel or iron. Many Metalborn had lit up at the sight of her.

Aaron stood up and walked over to Eryn. "We should probably get out of here. At least go outside for a little bit. That thing," he nodded toward the Inquisitor, "could probably kill us all in half a heartbeat and and give it no more weight than a flake of copper. Being in range of that detonation is not something that would be good for our health."

@Kingsdaughter613

Edited by Invocation

Just now, AonEne said:

Others spoke around her, and Marie bared her teeth, flaring strength. She wasn't sure why Harmony hadn't already stepped in, but she wasn't about to waste this opportunity. She had no time to savor it; this would have to be quick. Snap the neck or crush the head, she decided, and started zeroing in on who was burning steel or iron. Many Metalborn had lit up at the sight of her.

Just now, Invocation said:

Aaron stood up and walked over to Eryn. "We should probably get out of here. At least go outside for a little bit. That thing," he nodded toward the Inquisitor, "could probably kill us all in half a heartbeat and and give it no more weight than a flake of copper. Being in range of that detonation is not something that would be good for our health."

@Kingsdaughter613

Eryn shrugged. “So? If she wants to kill us she will follow. If she does not, she will not, ja?” She motioned toward the Inquisitor. “Besides, she belongs to Ett, your god. Do you not trust him? I trust the Sovereign. He is near, and he protect his crew.

”I am not afraid because she has metal eyes. I did not know people up here had metal eyes too. In the South, only the Sovereign has, but only one eye.” She paused, looking thoughtful. “Are there many with metal eyes up here?”

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Adilie started compounding her connection with Marie in order to give her the order to give her two order no lasting injuries and never hurt me, she'd think better orders when she'd have time

Alleine looked over her shoulder at the sudden commotion, expecting some kind of barroom brawl, and froze.

An Inquisitor was standing at the next table over, teeth barred in a snarl.

”By the Survivor’s bloody spear,” she whispered, feeling her guts turn to ice water. All dignity forgotten, Alleine slid back off her chair onto the floor, crawling away from the table and the Soother before standing and slipping out the front door. 

A few others had come to the same decision, edging towards the door. Alleine tugged on their sense of self-preservation as she passed, not wanting to see everyone in the tavern slaughtered if she didn’t have to.

She pressed her back against the outer wall of the tavern, breathing in shallow gasps.

Survivor, am I going mad? Had she just seen Ironeyes himself in that tavern? What kind of “meeting” was this?

4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shrugged. “So? If she wants to kill us she will follow. If she does not, she will not, ja?” She motioned toward the Inquisitor. “Besides, she belongs to Ett, your god. Do you not trust him? I trust the Sovereign. He is near, and he protect his crew.

”I am not afraid because she has metal eyes. I did not know people up here had metal eyes too. In the South, only the Sovereign has, but only one eye.” She paused, looking thoughtful. “Are there many with metal eyes up here?”

It may have been heretical of him, but... "No. I don't trust Harmony enough to have full control of an Inquisitor. They're death incarnate. I didn't know any where left, other than Ironeyes himself. Even if you're staying here, I'm not. Maybe being on the other side of a door will keep me from being noticed." Saying so, he walked outside.

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

It may have been heretical of him, but... "No. I don't trust Harmony enough to have full control of an Inquisitor. They're death incarnate. I didn't know any where left, other than Ironeyes himself. Even if you're staying here, I'm not. Maybe being on the other side of a door will keep me from being noticed." Saying so, he walked outside.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

KePuur cursed as the identity of Marie was revealed to all the people in this tavern. He looked around to see what or who might of pushed that ball. He doubted it was the terriswoman that Adilie suspected- she seemed far too sincere.

Spoiler

Guys, you realize Eryn is standing right next to Marie, right?

Eryn shook her head in amusement. Foolish barbarians. If this Inquisitor wished to kill them, she would. They could not run fast enough to escape.

Idly, she wondered what it was like to see through metal eyes. The Sovereign has laughed when she asked, claiming it was not easily described.

14 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Adilie started compounding her connection with Marie in order to give her the order to give her two order no lasting injuries and never hurt me, she'd think better orders when she'd have time

Ooooh, you left it open for her to give minor injuries...:ph34r:

heh I'm sorry for the namedrop, roooolllll credits!

Marie had just found the right lines of metal when a sudden weight pressed upon her: No lasting injuries. Never hurt Adilie. She shook her head reflexively as if to move hair out of her eyes, except that she had no hair. This wasn't Harmony, it left too many loopholes and besides he wouldn't have focused only on one person. Likely Adilie herself then; sure enough, she was using duralumin. Marie growled. He had left her be because he'd seen someone else would take care of the problem, establishing preliminary control over her at the same time. Two enemies with one coin.

Well, if Harmony was leaving her to Adilie, all she had to work under were the two commands. Easy enough. She stalked forward, giving the older man the dead stare of forged iron. One hand held an old nail from the bag of metal at her hip. She Pushed it point-first at the crook in his arm, making it not hard to dodge, much less Push away. Taking it slow would be more fun anyway, if less satisfying in the end.

@Somebody from Sel

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie had just found the right lines of metal when a sudden weight pressed upon her: No lasting injuries. Never hurt Adilie. She shook her head reflexively as if to move hair out of her eyes, except that she had no hair. This wasn't Harmony, it left too many loopholes and besides he wouldn't have focused only on one person. Likely Adilie herself then; sure enough, she was using duralumin. Marie growled. He had left her be because he'd seen someone else would take care of the problem, establishing preliminary control over her at the same time. Two enemies with one coin.

Well, if Harmony was leaving her to Adilie, all she had to work under were the two commands. Easy enough. She stalked forward, giving the older man the dead stare of forged iron. One hand held an old nail from the bag of metal at her hip. She Pushed it point-first at the crook in his arm, making it not hard to dodge, much less Push away. Taking it slow would be more fun anyway, if less satisfying in the end.

@Somebody from Sel

Eryn sighed. “That is not nice.” She moved lithely, snatching the metal spike with unnatural speed.

5 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn sighed. “That is not nice.” She moved lithely, snatching the metal spike with unnatural speed.

That was pewter, not steel, she was fairly certain of it. She tapped brass and burned chromium, reaching to Leech the girl with a burning-hot hand.

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

That was pewter, not steel, she was fairly certain of it. She tapped brass and burned chromium, reaching to Leech the girl with a burning-hot hand.

How does Marie have Chromium? It didn’t exist in TFE.

Eryn moved away from the Inquisitor, drawing more power from anklet and metals. She moved far more swiftly than anyone naturally could, leaving behind a bit of swirling mist swiftly evaporating.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn moved away from the Inquisitor, drawing more power from anklet and metals. She moved far more swiftly than anyone naturally could, leaving behind a bit of swirling mist swiftly evaporating.

And this isn't TFE?

Marie's hand closed in on nothing. Fine, then. Burning steel, she began to shoot bits of metal at Eryn, including the space in front of and behind her in case she tried to turn.

32 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie's hand closed in on nothing. Fine, then. Burning steel, she began to shoot bits of metal at Eryn, including the space in front of and behind her in case she tried to turn.

Yes, but where did she get an A-chromium spike?

Eryn moved back with inhuman speed, Mist swirling about her. She moved behind the Inquisitor, her fingers tearing through cloth to wrap around the head of the spike she knew was there. “Stop. Unless you wish me to kill you.”

If Marie moves that spike will be torn out, btw. Her fingers are actually under the head.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613